My recap of PoE vs D4 and why even still PoE is unmatched

"

I'm not happy where core gameplay of PoE is atm either [...]

-time requirement

-big lack of QoL and lots of unnecessary friction that just gives frustration in the end.

Those two are also my biggest issues with PoE, especially the massive, incredible, unacceptable lack of QoL features.

+1 to the rest you mentioned. I agree with most of it
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Jun 4, 2023, 6:29:59 PM
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3395196

...lol.

Oh well. I remain hopeful that PoE 4.0 is everything less-satisfied Exiles want and need because clearly there is no alternative. Which imo just perpetuates the cycle of "good enough is good enough", but eh I suppose rooting for DIV's success in the aim of forcing GGG to deliver the best they can do is a little too much to ask of a player base conditioned to hyper-focus on the trees until they don't even know what a forest is.

The name says it all.
"
Exhumer1 wrote:
I think Tytykiller nailed it with his review: https://twitter.com/Tytykiller_/status/1664922982282588161

He was a bit too harsh with the comment "like chatgpt made arpg".

Game story, art, visuals, sound, voice acting and ambiance are solid 9/10 if not 10/10, stellar. Really beautiful, carefully and thoughtfully made.

With other grades I would agree.

Game has good potential for future. Right now it's solid backbone to build upon.
It's not PoE nor PoE is Diablo. Very different games in many aspects.
I believe both will have bright future and their fanbase.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jun 4, 2023, 8:39:16 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3395196

...lol.

Oh well. I remain hopeful that PoE 4.0 is everything less-satisfied Exiles want and need because clearly there is no alternative. Which imo just perpetuates the cycle of "good enough is good enough", but eh I suppose rooting for DIV's success in the aim of forcing GGG to deliver the best they can do is a little too much to ask of a player base conditioned to hyper-focus on the trees until they don't even know what a forest is.

I still stand with what I said about PoE, in both cases.
Personally I'm sick of stress PoE induces. It's a game where you're always on edge and even then you will die from bullshit. There is no chill here.
I could write a wall of text of what is wrong with PoE. Still it is game developed for a decade and i'm well aware of it's pros and cons. There's more good to PoE than to D4 after all.

D4 is really breath of fresh air. My mistake maybe is that I noobishly expected more from it. It's still a good game for those that want more casual game.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jun 5, 2023, 10:39:11 AM
This review sounds like OP has never even played it, lol.

"all skills besides basic skills have cooldowns"

Nope. Stopped reading there realizing this is a fanboy review.
Most threads like this are typically ridiculous, but honestly this one is pretty good and fairly accurate.
Funny thing is PoE gamers dominate D4 race. They are playing quite diligently.
Honestly D4 is a $70 (at bare minimum) game with a F2P AND subscription model built into it with upcoming paid expansions for what is essentially barebone D3 with customization options. So $70(min) + $XX a season + $30 cosmetics + P2W = not this chump. God knows what extra monetization they have planned, but is planned MMW.

Regardless of how awesome the paid Blizzard fanbois rub their pickles over it, no game in the history of gaming is "worth" that. Especially D3 with better graphics. Having watched streamers play it for hours and having played D3 for a few thousand hours myself, it is D3 with a new skin.

Everything I hated about D3 is in D4, from the slow clunky cooldowns to the illusion of build variety. I am sure the game is fun as D3 was but just like D3 it will get old really fast. I am not a PoE fanboi either I give GGG shit all the time however I have never felt compelled to buy anything to improve my game experience.

Talking about PoE gamers playing D4, those guys especially the streamers like ZiZ etc. are going to get bored really quick. Is PoE 2 going to be better? Dunno, as long as GGG stick to the same financial model I will give it a shot, if not? So long PoE.
D4 is a great game
this threads that trolling / crying on D4 .... are very funny :D

Diablo 4 is the best diablo ever made
simply
Last edited by xDarkillx on Jun 5, 2023, 6:19:24 AM
"
Soulscar1 wrote:
Honestly D4 is a $70 (at bare minimum) game with a F2P AND subscription model built into it with upcoming paid expansions for what is essentially barebone D3 with customization options. So $70(min) + $XX a season + $30 cosmetics + P2W = not this chump. God knows what extra monetization they have planned, but is planned MMW.

all wrongs

Diablo 4 price is 70$.
stop.
fine.

for playing it ... no need others money/subs/stash xD

nothing f2p , nothing p2w
store d4 have only skin cosmetic
season pass will have only cosmetic

Last edited by xDarkillx on Jun 5, 2023, 6:25:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type