My recap of PoE vs D4 and why even still PoE is unmatched

"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
"
"
reinero wrote:

Lore is very repetitive and boring, in the case of Diablo it is exactly the same story as in 3 - We even have Leah 2.0 and Malthael 2.0 being Inarius this time. In the expansion it is sure that they will release the same ending as in 3 but now Diablo will be the final boss... wow what a surprise.

How did you make this conclusion is beyond me.
Story of D4 is completely different from everything ever in Diablo universe.
Did you even understood what is it about?

Better then you; You didn't even read any of the POE LOL

Better than me? Cool. Yet today's society is puddle deep to understand basic human psychology.
Answering legit question with a question. Would like to know what is funny? Introspection can heal you know...

I did follow PoE story. Base of it is good, but over time it turned into jambalaya.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jun 6, 2023, 7:02:32 PM
"
reinero wrote:

World Boss and Dungeons - Similar to what we have in Lost Ark, Raides, boss fights and Chaos dungeons.

There is even the Mokoko hunt with altar to gain some status that may not even make a difference in the end.

Almost like bliz saw the large release success of LA and wanted to grab a piece of the cake by making a similar game just in the diablo universe.
They sure should have sticked to the original arpg hack&slay instead of this hybrid of a hack&slash within a not so open world MMORPG like map.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
"

I did follow PoE story. Base of it is good, but over time it turned into jambalaya.

No you don't you really don't you never did LOL

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3361071

Don't lie tf dude you didn't understand a single thing you never read anything; Hell you didn't even know any of the end game you just went MUMBLEJUMBOOOOO

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3361071#p24923860

Yeah so?

Pls tell me again what a success PoE endgame lore is when 95% of playerbase is not even remotely interested let alone amazed by the fact Maven is actually the brain in her true from.
In which acid trip you can make palatable connection from Maven to Kitava and world of Wreaclast?
It's one big mess that's what it is.
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
"
"
reinero wrote:

Lore is very repetitive and boring, in the case of Diablo it is exactly the same story as in 3 - We even have Leah 2.0 and Malthael 2.0 being Inarius this time. In the expansion it is sure that they will release the same ending as in 3 but now Diablo will be the final boss... wow what a surprise.

How did you make this conclusion is beyond me.
Story of D4 is completely different from everything ever in Diablo universe.
Did you even understood what is it about?

Better then you; You didn't even read any of the POE LOL

There is a portion of the Diablo 4 playerbase that has an attention span of almost nothing. This portion needs amazing cutscenes that the story can be spoonfed and easily digestible.

I hope POE 2 offers a story the same way they did with POE 1, through the world itself and what npc's have to say without cutscenes. A bit like a jigsaw puzzle where you have to assemble the pieces yourself.

However the POE 1 story itself is not the greatest and that is mostly because it was expanded upon in multiple patches. I hope we will get a consistent story with campaign number 2.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Reinhart wrote:

There is a portion of the Diablo 4 playerbase that has an attention span of almost nothing. This portion needs amazing cutscenes that the story can be spoonfed and easily digestible.

I hope POE 2 offers a story the same way they did with POE 1, through the world itself and what npc's have to say without cutscenes. A bit like a jigsaw puzzle where you have to assemble the pieces yourself.

However the POE 1 story itself is not the greatest and that is mostly because it was expanded upon in multiple patches. I hope we will get a consistent story with campaign number 2.

TBF, GGG probably could never afford for cutscenes like those, and if there's one thing decent on that generic game are the cutscenes.
Good post, OP. I don't ever plan on buying D:IV but the beats of your review resonate with my server slam experience. A lot about the game smells like timesink to me, with a lack of trade probably about to affect buildmaking motivation once most launch players are done with levelling.

Reading about the day 2? 3? nerfs was somewhat funny though. It stank of WoW-style WFR prolonging, and people got to 100 in under a week anyway.

I haven't played PoE all that much, but the amount of build stuff one can do is staggering. Of course, it's a product that's grown across a decade, but how the D:IV developers framed it, the seasons are not going to be integral mechanics that end up going core normally. If chasing Shako and the Grandfather is all what the game is going to be, with narrowed scopes of what characters can get past WT3+, it doesn't sound super replayable.
witch enthusiast, send occ/ele/necro builds
Cant play D4 same shit as d3

Dungeon = rift

No crafting ! I not want slot runes in uniques lol i want make my items

Also agree with torstein
Your strength is the law !!

MadG poe on youtube for mellee content
Last edited by eldest-bike4 on Jun 10, 2023, 10:03:45 AM
Ok. After D4 crushes PoE in revenue, will it still not be a metric for being "unmatched" because PoE fanboys still scream it's not valid or what?

It's a different game in the same genre. There's PoE if you want to play PoE and then there's other games if you want a different experience. For the love of god, stop bitching other games aren't PoE.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
"

But it's not though. I find it crazy easy to follow.
"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:
Ok. After D4 crushes PoE in revenue, will it still not be a metric for being "unmatched" because PoE fanboys still scream it's not valid or what?

It's a different game in the same genre. There's PoE if you want to play PoE and then there's other games if you want a different experience. For the love of god, stop bitching other games aren't PoE.

Do you also believe that a small, family-run donut shop is unsuccessful because Tim Horton's exists?

PoE doesn't need the same kind of financial success that D4 does. It works within its own business model. Blizzivision is a massively-capitalized corporation which will inevitably make Big Bank selling D4. PoE has been doing fine within a more niche market for over a decade.

Both games are successful. Got it? =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info