[3.24] Splitting Steel Champ - All Uniques, Cheap League Start, Mapping, MF, Sanctum

"
DawnNoize wrote:
Hello, first I want to start by saying thank you. I've played PoE for hundreds of hours but this is the first time I've been able to really push the end-game atlas and work on clearing shaper thanks to this build (I usually end up quitting after getting one shot on cyclone builds a few too many times and quit the league). I started a Steelchamp in the past following a different guide and it worked well, but it didn't work nearly as well as this one. So thank you very much for making such an easy to follow build with notes on progression all the way from acts to red maps!

I have a few questions because I don't really know where to progress my character from where I am right now. I die a bit due to my own skill issue so I'm leveling up rather slowly. I picked up an Atziri's Disfavour but I don't really know what to socket in there, I dropped some notables for points to put into a cluster jewel that I found (which was probably a mistake because I die a bit more). Other than leveling my character for more points where should I go from here?

Thanks again!

Wow, that's lovely to hear! Thanks for the kind words and for posting about your experience with the build :)

Your toon is looking pretty good! Just keep upgrading gear, looking for double-corrupted items, especially the chest, save for Ashes of the Stars/Watcher's Eye, grab Empower, all the Alternate Quality gems. See if you can find a nice Megalomaniac with Antivenom + other useful mods.

Just look at my 3.20 and 3.21 toons to see all the stuff you can get or the 3.21 PoB Export.

And I die too, it's PoE, it's unavoidable. You can try leeching XP from 100% Deli maps in /global 820. That's how I level a lot of the time. Just make sure you cap your Chaos resistance.

GL
Hi
Just to thank you for making me discover the steel skills. I am not your guide with only unique, but I enjoyed discovering it.
The beginning was differ but now with determination/grace/suppress spell it works great.

The clear is very good and the bossing too. There is still a lot to improve and that's what I like.

Enjoy

PS: I tried with your belt and Immune Curse on the popo it's really excellent to be in maximum 90% of the time.
Last edited by Drax6661 on Apr 19, 2023, 9:30:46 AM
"
Drax6661 wrote:
Hi
Just to thank you for making me discover the steel skills. I am not your guide with only unique, but I enjoyed discovering it.
The beginning was differ but now with determination/grace/suppress spell it works great.

The clear is very good and the bossing too. There is still a lot to improve and that's what I like.

Enjoy

PS: I tried with your belt and Immune Curse on the popo it's really excellent to be in maximum 90% of the time.

You're welcome! Glad you're enjoying Steel skills.

GL
"
corosou wrote:

Glad to hear things are working well!

So, Precision we level just to get our Accuracy higher than life. We don't crit, so we don't get any other benefit from it. In 3.21 I am also linking it to Arrogance, so it reserves a bit of Life instead of Mana, so I can take advantage of the +1 all Resistances under the Reservation Mastery.

I see, so the precision bonus is quite small but makes the difference I guess ?

"
corosou wrote:

CWDT + Molten Shell I keep low level because the amount of DMG required to trigger CWDT increases with the gem level. Lvl 2 requires a very small difference from Lvl 1 to trigger, so that's what I pick for more triggering.

Got it, makes sense, it didnt make sense for me not to level up gems but now I see the point.

"
corosou wrote:

Divine Blessing, like Precision, has increased Mana cost the higher the level.

That's all I think...

GL

EDIT: Just noticed you're leveling with regular Wings of Entropy, which is fine, since you're not using Brutality yet, but I've never used them myself early on and I'm curious... how do you like them?

Since I upgraded my gear I easily clear t1/2 maps (didnt have time to push further). So I'd say it's ok for now as I have more dps than needed.
Would you swap Chance to bleed or Maim to brutality instead in my current setup ?

I think i'll look for a good Replica soon anyway.

Thanks for the fast and clear answers, really appreciate it !
Last edited by hazu___ on Apr 19, 2023, 2:28:30 PM
"
hazu___ wrote:

Since I upgraded my gear I easily clear t1/2 maps (didnt have time to push further). So I'd say it's ok for now as I have more dps than needed.
Would you swap Chance to bleed or Maim to brutality instead in my current setup ?

I think i'll look for a good Replica soon anyway.

Thanks for the fast and clear answers, really appreciate it !

As soon as you grab a Replica Wings you can grab Brutality and actually try to get a Divergent Chance to Bleed, because that alternate quality gives us 20% MORE dmg, which is pretty damned good!

You're welcome! GL
3.21 Endgame Gear Update #1

Hi Everyone,

Over the last day I've gotten a lot of upgrades to both gear and skills, so I wanted to post an update with the latest gear and also show how the build is looking in Juiced T16 Mapping.

Here are the latest goodies:

If you need an Enchant service for the helm, you can PM: "@iiAmtoolate"

PoB Export: https://pobb.in/xXhQm-7n_Q8K

Now, please judge the clear-speed for yourselves:

YouTube: 3.21 T16 Crimson Temple (Juiced Mapping Clear-speed Showcase)
YouTube: 3.21 Eater of Worlds (Boss +25% More Life, Player Enfeebled DPS Showcase)

I dunno about you all, but this looks and feels pretty damned good to me!

Regarding survivability, notice the map has Vulnerability and Players have 30% Less Armour, plus I am not running Determination, and yeah... still under 3k life ;)

GL

EDIT: My Atlas Tree

Last edited by corosou on Apr 20, 2023, 6:19:01 PM
What was the difference in gloves you're using this league versus what you have in the guide?
Isn't there a max of one curse if you don't have the passive for multi cursing?
"
sirswears wrote:
What was the difference in gloves you're using this league versus what you have in the guide?
Isn't there a max of one curse if you don't have the passive for multi cursing?

We're using the Chains of Emancipation for Rage this time, so there's no need for Kaom's Spirit. While Tanu Ahi give us a reliable way to gain Adrenaline, both mapping and bossing, which is incredibly strong.

Yes, there is a curse limit, that's why I am using a Corrupted amulet with +1 Curse, in case you haven't noticed.

GL
Last edited by corosou on Apr 21, 2023, 8:33:56 PM
What are your thoughts on crucible tree for this build?
"
sirswears wrote:
What are your thoughts on crucible tree for this build?

My thoughts are that the league mechanic is clunky, annoying, unrewarding, screws you over if you use unique weapons, especially when it's a unique that can't be chanced, can brick all your progress, but most importantly, it's just not fun to engage with.

In other words, I completely ignore the mechanic, and will probably continue to do so, unless there are some major changes to how it works for unique items, and that has a very very low likelihood of happening now.

So, maybe if someone sells a Replica Wings with a good tree I'll buy it, but even then I'd probably have to spend a bunch of Divines just to get a decently rolled weapon.

It's just a fucking dumpster of a league mechanic...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info