[3.24] Splitting Steel Champ - All Uniques, Cheap League Start, Mapping, MF, Sanctum

"
corosou wrote:
"
Spoiler
Ye, the STD prices are pretty crazy, though the +1 to socketed gems is way more impactful than the +2 projectile (you double dip with Empower and the dmg bonuse you get from the +2 on vicious projectiles really diminished going +1% more for each additional lvl), at least according to PoB the difference in damage is insignificant. Even now without the armor I'm still melting everything in 1 shot in T16 juiced maps (heck I can just stand and watch the reflections melt everything) and boss hp drops so fast that in a few seconds the phase is triggered (where it applies). Having returning projectiles is worth it when your hit dps is lower but at 230m DPS with hit DPS of 30m it probably isn't really noticeable (though I'm gonna try vengeant cascade to see). Windshriek is nice but at this point I think being more tanky is more beneficial. As for the reflect you can easily do them with the sextants, unless you wanna farm Atziri.

Another thing I'm actually not entirely sure of is the actual interaction with the projectile shattering. Does it pierce and not do its AoE in a small shotgun in front, but rather behind the target? Also returning projectiles do a fraction of the initial damage due to travel distance (point blank), if I'm not mistaken. In fact I think awakened GMP does greater damage on bigger targets (despite PoB showing less dmg) because you can instantly hit 8 projectiles for max impales on the first attack. When I'm playing it feels like all the hits at once on top of the aoe shatter dealing both proj and aoe cone. Kinda hard to tell when everything melts xD

Edit: Also realized that the 15% to get power charge on the armor I have was pretty huge as well (uptime is almost 100%). Forgot to turn it off when comparing with Lioneye. When I did it was almost -40m dps. Lioneye at that point is +4% dmg (230m v. 239).

Glad the build has worked out well! You obviously know what you're doing. Good job :)

Cheers!

BTW, check out Anomalous Molten Shell. With Ashes of the Stars, you get 22% of armour, so you can get a lot more out of it without having as much armour (ie u need only 25k armour at moment of activation to get the 5k shield instead of 50k!) :)
Last edited by corneredreality on Apr 17, 2023, 8:06:27 PM
Are you still using Shattering steel at all for bossing? Or just splitting steel all the way?
"

Cheers!

BTW, check out Anomalous Molten Shell. With Ashes of the Stars, you get 22% of armour, so you can get a lot more out of it without having as much armour (ie u need only 25k armour at moment of activation to get the 5k shield instead of 50k!) :)

Thx for the tip, I'm a long way from Ashes though... pretty poor atm, but no rush ;)

3.21 Video Update!

Hi Guys,

Figured a quick showcase of the toon in 3.21 is in order.

Here's "Ersi, Mother of Thorns" (T4 Harvest Boss) + T16 100% Crucible:

YouTube: 3.21 Ersi, Mother of Thorns & T16 100% Crucible

Enjoy & GL!
Last edited by corosou on Apr 17, 2023, 10:17:02 PM
Looks great! Been enjoying this build considerably and haven't been this engaged/invested in years thanks to it.

I'm still struggling with survivability issues but think it might just be game play related honestly.

Out of curiosity, what pantheon choice are specced into?
"
sirswears wrote:
Looks great! Been enjoying this build considerably and haven't been this engaged/invested in years thanks to it.

I'm still struggling with survivability issues but think it might just be game play related honestly.

Out of curiosity, what pantheon choice are specced into?

Thanks for the kind words! Glad to hear the build is doing well by you.

I was struggling a bit too with the Projectile spamming mobs, so I switched to Lunaris Pantheon for the Projectile benefits, and they feel good! That and Ryslatha to refill Flasks and kill a bit of Life Regen on mobs.

Your characters are now private, if you open them up I can take a quick look at your toon and see if I notice anything obvious.

GL

3.21 Video Update!

Hi Guys,

Since Minotaur is used quite often as as reference point for single target DPS, here's a nice kill:

YouTube: 3.21 T16 Minotaur

Enjoy and GL!
Hey I've been lurking on this page and I made a dual sword version, but man it feels lackluster for the investment I've put into it. This is the first league I've played since betrayal, but it just feels terrible. Clear speed is not good and while ST is amazing (thanks headsman), I still get one shot constantly and I have 1k more life than you do. I really love the build aesthetically but I might have to go back to my lightning arrow to farm faster than a snails pace

edit: any tips for improving clear speed would be appreciated. I just don't think this will compete with any meta builds sadly
Last edited by xNuj on Apr 18, 2023, 3:09:57 PM
I will give those two a try on the pantheon, thank you for the info. Was running Arakaali and Shikari to offset chaos damage/dots since I didn't have much mitigation early league. Saw your builds and bought into the antivenom skill from cluster.

Opened up my profile for viewing.
Thoughts on Vengeant Cascade?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info