[3.24] Splitting Steel Champ - All Uniques, Cheap League Start, Mapping, MF, Sanctum

Love the concept! Now that we've been through the season for a while, do you think this build is suitable for a new player or someone with little experience in PoE?
“It is not despair, for despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt. We do not.”
"
IntSomnium wrote:
Love the concept! Now that we've been through the season for a while, do you think this build is suitable for a new player or someone with little experience in PoE?

Thanks )

Since a large number of players (including myself) probably came Diablo, running a build that relies mostly on unique items does make things a lot easier to get going with.

Uniques are all mostly the same, except for rolls, and the random 2 possible mods they get when corrupted; that alone eliminates an insane amount of info you would need to know to be able to properly assess the quality of, what to buy and for how much, and how to craft, were you to go with a build that uses rare gear.

Not to mention uniques are for the most part cheap, but not only that, but I LOVE being cheap and seeing how far I can get! So, that is one of the main driving forces behind my builds - using neglected/cheap, yet endgame viable items to start and grinding with them until I can afford the cool stuff.

However, as a new player you need to understand that this game is DAUNTING and there are layers upon layers of info you'll need to acquire in order to not feel like a noob...

I had 10k hours on Steam when I switched to the standalone client several years ago, and I still feel like a noob sometimes; so, don't be too hard on yourself when you make a mistake, because trust me, you will make A LOT of them! ;)

GL
Last edited by corosou on Apr 12, 2023, 11:46:59 AM
3.21 White Mapping Setup

Hi Everyone,

So, I finally got around to leveling and updated the main post with a leveling gear section, showing what I was using up until now.

Since quite a few new players were interested in this build, I figured I'd show what I am using at relevant points.

In this post I'll show what I am using as I start Early Mapping, just starting T2 at the moment.

Pack clear is decent at this stage with Herald of Ash, but some mobs can be somewhat tanky. This is normal and it will get better as you upgrade.

PoB Export: https://pobb.in/X0vFMvGj-RFa

As you can see, I am still on a 4L setup and mapping just fine!

Tanu Ahi dropped for me just a couple of maps ago and I like them! So, give them a shot.

Replica Wings I bought for the 5c that dropped during leveling.

For survivability, I've been relying on 20 Fortify, Vitality, 10% Insta Leech, Poacher's Life/Mana On Hit for single target and the flasks you see; it's worked out pretty well so far, but I will of course grab some defensive auras later.

For now, just focusing on clearing Atlas, doing some double-chaos recipe to buy a 6L Chest.

GL
Last edited by corosou on Apr 13, 2023, 5:25:29 AM
3.21 Yellow Mapping Setup

Hi again!

So, just a quick update to show what I am using as I break into Yellow Maps.

Pretty much the same setup as before, just a few cheap upgrades:

PoB Export: https://pobb.in/bRkz5W5PYtIO

Helmet 1c
Boots 1c
Belt 1c

By this time I could have switched to a 6L chest, but I want to show you don't need to, in order to progress in mapping.

GL

EDIT: finally found a pretty nice 6L for 10c

PoB Export with 6L: https://pobb.in/7LXi12-gnmso
Last edited by corosou on Apr 13, 2023, 8:04:04 AM
3.21 Starting Red Mapping Setup

Hi Guys,

Another example setup. I'm clearing T13s at the moment with this:

PoB Export: https://pobb.in/z9FVnL5VTLF2

Changes:

Awakened Vicious Proj and Brutality - 1div each
Divergent Chance to Bleed - 30c
Corrupted Carnage Heart - 25c
Chaos Res Rings - 10-30c each
Chains of Emancipation - 1c (you need a Life Flask of Warding when using this belt)
Dropped Herald of Ash for Pride
Dropped Vitality for Enduring Cry
Added CWDT + Molten Shell
Added Arrogance + Precision

GL
Last edited by corosou on Apr 13, 2023, 5:51:41 PM
Didn't want to play Crucible due to me not liking it. Unique weapons just don't gel with this league unless you get giga lucky.

Here's my shattering build on standard atm (lvl 97): https://pobb.in/ObvQXya_yTaC

I remembered that Saviour sword is actually much better than DW Paradoxica. You can see with the reflections active (with 100% crit they are up 100%, last 17 sec with increased duration gem, and even persist after death!) it's 200m DPS. You can replace empower with GMP for mapping (116m dps). If it would be possible to have the Lioneye armor with the +2 proj +2 aoe corruption it would be at 274m DPS. I could imagine that with good Crucible tree this build could break 300m DPS :)

I didn't have the Headsman trait from the jewels (can't afford it), but adrenaline more than makes up for it.
Last edited by corneredreality on Apr 15, 2023, 7:29:13 PM
"
Didn't want to play Crucible due to me not liking it. Unique weapons just don't gel with this league unless you get giga lucky.

Here's my shattering build on standard atm (lvl 97): https://pobb.in/ObvQXya_yTaC

I remembered that Saviour sword is actually much better than DW Paradoxica. You can see with the reflections active (with 100% crit they are up 100%, last 17 sec with increased duration gem, and even persist after death!) it's 200m DPS. You can replace empower with GMP for mapping (116m dps). If it would be possible to have the Lioneye armor with the +2 proj +2 aoe corruption it would be at 274m DPS. I could imagine that with good Crucible tree this build could break 300m DPS :)

I didn't have the Headsman trait from the jewels (can't afford it), but adrenaline more than makes up for it.

I feel, Crucible is just like playing standard at the moment.

Toon is looking dope! Might want to try and anoint Vengeant Cascade. I'm switching to that instead of Nimis. Would have to switch to these for the +Curse:

Hmm, weird that you missed that, cuz I thought I linked you to my 3.19 build that used Saviour + Para; it's on the main page.

STD prices for good corrupted stuff are nuts! Maybe you should have stuck with Crucible, cuz I got this (unlinked) for 1div:

Headsman was a bit expensive, and these are pretty cheap right now and really nice DPS, plus Reflect Immune :)

I'm about to make a post with a full update in a bit..
Last edited by corosou on Apr 17, 2023, 11:29:12 AM
3.21 Gear & Skills update!

I'm guys,

So, just an update and how my 3.21 toon is looking. Comfortably farming T16s with this setup.

Here are the latest goodies:

PoB Export: https://pobb.in/DLoROJYywg7Q

-::- Changes -::-

Forbidden Flame/Flesh - Bane of Legends is a nice DPS up, makes us Reflect Immune and are currently cheaper than Headsman. Culling Strike I get from the Support gem, with Anomalous which has a nice DPS bonus to low-life mobs.

Lioneye's Vision - 1 div unlinked, a couple Tainted Jewelers for 6S and around 5 Tainted Fuse to get 6L + quite a few Vaals for colors.

Vengeant Cascade Anointment - Pretty much replaces Nimis, actually better because it doesn't have that annoying randomness. It feels amazing on single target! Definitely anoint this ASAP!!

Dying Sun - 30c, with returning proj it's nice to get those extra projectiles.

Purity of Elements - So, I started with Determination and it felt fine, but Ailments are pretty deadly, so I tested mapping without it and saw it didn't feel much different, so I switched to Purity of Elem. for the Ailment Immunity and since I switched to Lioneye's Vision and lost a bit of resist on my chest. Might end up moving Pride to Divine Blessing and grab Determination again, but for now it feels fine without it.

Megalomaniac: So, these are always fun! I found the two I linked for less than 30c each. The one with Chaos Res caps me without Amethyst Flaks at 76%, which feels pretty nice!

That's all for now..

GL
Last edited by corosou on Apr 17, 2023, 11:51:01 AM
Ye, the STD prices are pretty crazy, though the +1 to socketed gems is way more impactful than the +2 projectile (you double dip with Empower and the dmg bonuse you get from the +2 on vicious projectiles really diminished going +1% more for each additional lvl), at least according to PoB the difference in damage is insignificant. Even now without the armor I'm still melting everything in 1 shot in T16 juiced maps (heck I can just stand and watch the reflections melt everything) and boss hp drops so fast that in a few seconds the phase is triggered (where it applies). Having returning projectiles is worth it when your hit dps is lower but at 230m DPS with hit DPS of 30m it probably isn't really noticeable (though I'm gonna try vengeant cascade to see). Windshriek is nice but at this point I think being more tanky is more beneficial. As for the reflect you can easily do them with the sextants, unless you wanna farm Atziri.

Another thing I'm actually not entirely sure of is the actual interaction with the projectile shattering. Does it pierce and not do its AoE in a small shotgun in front, but rather behind the target? Also returning projectiles do a fraction of the initial damage due to travel distance (point blank), if I'm not mistaken. In fact I think awakened GMP does greater damage on bigger targets (despite PoB showing less dmg) because you can instantly hit 8 projectiles for max impales on the first attack. When I'm playing it feels like all the hits at once on top of the aoe shatter dealing both proj and aoe cone. Kinda hard to tell when everything melts xD

Edit: Also realized that the 15% to get power charge on the armor I have was pretty huge as well (uptime is almost 100%). Forgot to turn it off when comparing with Lioneye. When I did it was almost -40m dps. Lioneye at that point is +4% dmg (230m v. 239).
Last edited by corneredreality on Apr 17, 2023, 6:20:42 PM
"
Spoiler
Ye, the STD prices are pretty crazy, though the +1 to socketed gems is way more impactful than the +2 projectile (you double dip with Empower and the dmg bonuse you get from the +2 on vicious projectiles really diminished going +1% more for each additional lvl), at least according to PoB the difference in damage is insignificant. Even now without the armor I'm still melting everything in 1 shot in T16 juiced maps (heck I can just stand and watch the reflections melt everything) and boss hp drops so fast that in a few seconds the phase is triggered (where it applies). Having returning projectiles is worth it when your hit dps is lower but at 230m DPS with hit DPS of 30m it probably isn't really noticeable (though I'm gonna try vengeant cascade to see). Windshriek is nice but at this point I think being more tanky is more beneficial. As for the reflect you can easily do them with the sextants, unless you wanna farm Atziri.

Another thing I'm actually not entirely sure of is the actual interaction with the projectile shattering. Does it pierce and not do its AoE in a small shotgun in front, but rather behind the target? Also returning projectiles do a fraction of the initial damage due to travel distance (point blank), if I'm not mistaken. In fact I think awakened GMP does greater damage on bigger targets (despite PoB showing less dmg) because you can instantly hit 8 projectiles for max impales on the first attack. When I'm playing it feels like all the hits at once on top of the aoe shatter dealing both proj and aoe cone. Kinda hard to tell when everything melts xD

Edit: Also realized that the 15% to get power charge on the armor I have was pretty huge as well (uptime is almost 100%). Forgot to turn it off when comparing with Lioneye. When I did it was almost -40m dps. Lioneye at that point is +4% dmg (230m v. 239).

Glad the build has worked out well! You obviously know what you're doing. Good job :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info