[3.24] Splitting Steel Champ - All Uniques, Cheap League Start, Mapping, MF, Sanctum

Hi boss, oldman here again. Got myself a helical so am pretty well geared now with a nimis and a mageblood. Your idea regarding farming 8 mod maps is ok but i rarely do 1 without dying and quite often loose all 6 ports so if there is another way to add more defense then please tell. Am working towards progenesis as i think defiance is too much of a damage hit for me.
Please don't tell me to use pride in lieu of determination, have tried extensively and am happier with determination. It is enough for me to cast splitting steel/totem/blood magic.
Major damage comes from some nasty degen that i have no idea what it is so impossible to flask against it, 3 uses of life pot doesn't stop it.
Feel CWDT/Molten shell pretty useless as is enduring cry. Also i think Sniper's mark should be swapped to poacher's.
Thanks again for your support of your build.

P.S. gimme your new 2h weapon - beast.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Hi boss, oldman here again. Got myself a helical so am pretty well geared now with a nimis and a mageblood. Your idea regarding farming 8 mod maps is ok but i rarely do 1 without dying and quite often loose all 6 ports so if there is another way to add more defense then please tell. Am working towards progenesis as i think defiance is too much of a damage hit for me.
Please don't tell me to use pride in lieu of determination, have tried extensively and am happier with determination. It is enough for me to cast splitting steel/totem/blood magic.
Major damage comes from some nasty degen that i have no idea what it is so impossible to flask against it, 3 uses of life pot doesn't stop it.
Feel CWDT/Molten shell pretty useless as is enduring cry. Also i think Sniper's mark should be swapped to poacher's.
Thanks again for your support of your build.

P.S. gimme your new 2h weapon - beast.

Ello!

So... there's a basic fallacy in your logic. You can obviously see my character and what I am doing, yet you keep doing your own thing, and that's fine, but doing your own things means trial and error tweaking, which requires time and understanding of basic things in the game, and you're still going to fail a lot of the time!

I can only lead by example; what I play is what I recommend.

For example, that amulet you're using with +3 to Puncture. Puncture is a whole different skill; our main skill is Splitting Steel, so a Defiance would be a hell of a lot better than that useless thing. Plus, you already have a Nimis, which I don't even have, so you have more than enough DPS already.

Another example is... We already had automatic flasks with almost 100% uptime with Overflowing Chalice, and I recommended people get Headhunter, which has never been cheaper, yet you go Mageblood.

If you're running 8mod corrupted maps, there are TONS of Rares in them, and you would be getting their buffs with HH, instead all you're getting is flasks with a bit better effect, which is something you will barely notice.

I also very clearly stated that running 8 mod corrupted maps, with full atlas modifier effect, in an incredibly rippy league means you WILL DIE and to NOT try to level running this strat.

Also, I know you've been reading the thread, so I assume you saw me say MANY times, that if you want to be tanky, you get Progenesis and Defiance of Destiny, so why did you not go for Progenesis instead of Mageblood?

Btw, that axe you like cost me 49d, which is around 1/2 the price of that Mageblood, and there are plenty on the market, as they come from Grave crafting: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Necropolis/6rXJ80jiG

Those gloves are pretty bad too. Asenath's fix Intelligence, add Explody + Blinding + Temporal Chains and you can get them corrupted with 10% AS and other useful corruptions.

Do yourself a favor: Do what I do before you start tweaking. How can you form a proper basis for comparison if you never try the setups I recommend before you start tweaking?

GL
Last edited by corosou on May 7, 2024, 4:06:30 PM
Made a stupid mistake with the ammy, should have been Splitting Steel not useless Puncture as you pointed out. Going to Asenath's will mean i need to get an intelligence node and loose a lot of chaos defense so maybe just not yet. Will get rid of the mageblood and try a HH.
Thanks for the help and putting up with me again.
Last edited by EDMOSES on May 7, 2024, 6:39:23 PM
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Made a stupid mistake with the ammy, should have been Splitting Steel not useless Puncture as you pointed out. Going to Asenath's will mean i need to get an intelligence node and loose a lot of chaos defense so maybe just not yet. Will get rid of the mageblood and try a HH.
Thanks for the help and putting up with me again.

No, you don't need to grab an int node. You need to swap that Rare Amethyst ring for a better one.

That +1 Endurance charge is not as good as you think it is. Overall that ring is really bad... It should be all resistances, instead of all those useless mods it has right now.

You can do so much better for under 1div. You can probably craft something rather easily with Grave crafting better than that, but you'd have to youtube research that.

You're welcome! GL
Last edited by corosou on May 7, 2024, 6:59:20 PM
Back on track again, weapon only cost 35div so happy about that.
Didn't realize HH was so cheap even though you did mention that, makes a huge difference in survivability along with Vaal Molten Shell which lasts for over 16 seconds.
If i were to use Progenesis flask what would i drop to use it?
I assume you are not a fan of it because you aren't using it?
Last 2 questions i hope, should i not use poacher's mark because i now have Vulnerability on hit on gloves? Is there anything useful to use there or just do what you do and use a dual curse ammy?
Have you tried T17 maps? Turn mobs into rats and try it maybe if the bosses can be killed?
Thanks again.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
If i were to use Progenesis flask what would i drop to use it?
I assume you are not a fan of it because you aren't using it?
Last 2 questions i hope, should i not use poacher's mark because i now have Vulnerability on hit on gloves? Is there anything useful to use there or just do what you do and use a dual curse ammy?
Have you tried T17 maps? Turn mobs into rats and try it maybe if the bosses can be killed?
Thanks again.

It's an amethyst flask, so you drop that. I don't have one cuz I'm lazy and I am doing fine with my setup.

See, this is where you amulet is still a problem. You're limited to a single curse, which means that's temporal chains and nothing else now.

2 Curse opens up the possibility for juggling 3 Curses, which having only one does not.

Vulnerability is the most raw DPS, but Punishment feels great when you have Explody and 10% more dmg on low-life mobs mastery, and it Debilitates, which is an additional defensive layer.

Plus Carnage Heart with +1 Curse is so damned cheap, has resistances, more leech, a nice carnage effect, fixed issues with attributes. Don't get me wrong +3 lvl to Splitting is great and the reservation bonus, but really more for min-maxing than for a budget setup.

I never called for Defiance banner. You need the Accuracy from War Banner my man.

I tried a few T17s. Not my thing. Possible to tweak to run them, just not interested in doing so.

They were advertised as a bridge to Ubers when they most obviously are not.

I don't find anything fun about having to grab Determination + Grace + Purity of Elements + Artic Armour + 100% Spell Suppression + a bunch of Phys dmg taken as Elemental + Progenesis + Defiance of Destiny + Petrified Blood + 90% Max Res + Skitter Bots + Temporal Chains... did I forget something?

Anyway... all that shit is fucking boring AF to have to build around, so I get enough just to get by and that is not enough for T17s.

GL

EDIT: also give Arakaali + Shakari Pantheons a try.

EDIT2: btw, Aw. Increase AoE is OK, but Conc. Effect is a lot more DPS for single target, which is what you want to aim for, as you don't need that much DPS for trash/mapping, you want to kill big baddies quicker, that's really what it's all about.
Last edited by corosou on May 7, 2024, 11:02:18 PM
Hey man. I almost got your build copied to the T, but for some reason I'm not getting power charges at all. Any idea why that would be?
"
Hey man. I almost got your build copied to the T, but for some reason I'm not getting power charges at all. Any idea why that would be?

You need to setup the 4L for Leap Slam:

GL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gFo_7QnYkk
Using 2 cartography scarabs + cartography scarab of singularity + cartography scarab of corruption along with the tree this guy recommends i have been doing really well farming T16 dunes maps. Getting a good amount of t17 Fortress maps which sell easily for 80c each.
Just another option for the 3rd atlas tree.
Once again corosou thanks for your help and putting up with all our stupid questions.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gFo_7QnYkk
Using 2 cartography scarabs + cartography scarab of singularity + cartography scarab of corruption along with the tree this guy recommends i have been doing really well farming T16 dunes maps. Getting a good amount of t17 Fortress maps which sell easily for 80c each.
Just another option for the 3rd atlas tree.
Once again corosou thanks for your help and putting up with all our stupid questions.

Np! Thx for sharing.

I'm guessing the changes are working well?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info