[3.24] Splitting Steel Champ - All Uniques, Cheap League Start, Mapping, MF, Sanctum

"
IzakayaBomber wrote:
Hello I was wondering If this build could be adjusted to fit a scion? If so please let me know. Im somewhat of a scion advocate for the most part so im always trying to realign builds for the class and see if it can hold its own. i've already got some ideas and dont mind typing them up if it'd help. :D I also notices Thread of hope isnt allowing you to snag the skills you normally would because of the tree being adjusted a while ago. you most recent pob does not reflect that because i notice you have a Hachet mastery allocated but when i look in my tree thread of hope doesnt allow me to get it because that particular node ino longer in range as well as some others.

Well, Scion is meant to be able to do it all, so I don't see why not, but you'd have to do a considerable amount of PoB theory-crafting, coupled with a good amount of in-game testing.

I'm not sure what you mean about Thread of Hope, but it sounds to me like you're not aware that they can roll Ring Size from Small to Massive, so you're probably using the wrong size.

GL
okay im running the build so far what i did was do a few things different because i needed the extra accuracy. i used forbidden flame/flesh juggernaut so i could allocate 1 point get the 1k accuracy from juggernaut. BUT i still went to duelist path of duelist. you were correct on thread of hope i have since found the correct size and only thing i need done is 6L my weapon and chest. What I did was write down all the stats i'd be missing and tried to fill them in with similar nodes from where scion started. I still have to respec a few points but i think i can get it fully online i'll try to provide picures etc of what i've got so far so if you see something more optimal you can let me know. Its pretty fun tho!
"
IzakayaBomber wrote:
okay im running the build so far what i did was do a few things different because i needed the extra accuracy. i used forbidden flame/flesh juggernaut so i could allocate 1 point get the 1k accuracy from juggernaut. BUT i still went to duelist path of duelist. you were correct on thread of hope i have since found the correct size and only thing i need done is 6L my weapon and chest. What I did was write down all the stats i'd be missing and tried to fill them in with similar nodes from where scion started. I still have to respec a few points but i think i can get it fully online i'll try to provide picures etc of what i've got so far so if you see something more optimal you can let me know. Its pretty fun tho!

Nice nice, just took a quick peek and your toon is looking solid!

Glad to hear you got it working and you're having fun.

Keep it up and let us know how it all works out in the final setup.

GL
yea seems solid until i start dying in maps but i havent tried since i actually got the megalomaniac's in but what im worried about is since im lvl 82 that means 18 more points until im maxed out but im missing the 2nd impale mastery as well as a few other things you have on your build. anything that you could see in my build thus far i could improve upon? i was also thinking i could go triple ascension with Juggernaut, Champion, and Deadeye. the deadeye ascension give 50% increase damage the further away you are. as opposed to the point blank passive which gives 30%. i still feel squishy because hp has to be lower than accuracy for precise technique to work. thoughts? I mean if i go triple ascension i wont be able to start form duelist point which would allow me to refund a few points on the side near marauder
"
IzakayaBomber wrote:
yea seems solid until i start dying in maps but i havent tried since i actually got the megalomaniac's in but what im worried about is since im lvl 82 that means 18 more points until im maxed out but im missing the 2nd impale mastery as well as a few other things you have on your build. anything that you could see in my build thus far i could improve upon? i was also thinking i could go triple ascension with Juggernaut, Champion, and Deadeye. the deadeye ascension give 50% increase damage the further away you are. as opposed to the point blank passive which gives 30%. i still feel squishy because hp has to be lower than accuracy for precise technique to work. thoughts? I mean if i go triple ascension i wont be able to start form duelist point which would allow me to refund a few points on the side near marauder

Yeah, I kinda figured you'd be a bit squish. One of the main reasons I went Champ is for the guaranteed 20 Fortify, while Champ Ascendant only does it for Melee Hits, so you're only getting it from Leap Slam, and unfortunately, it just doesn't hit hard enough.

A few suggestions...

Def grab an Instant healing life flask. Instant max health makes a HUGE difference:

Also, we don't really need a Quicksilver; we are way too fast as it is! so much so, that it's actually quite often a challenge to not double-Leap Slam into a bad situation, just because of how much AS we get from Replica Wings.

We also don't need a Mana Flask. Lioneye's Vision gives us Mana Leech, since this is a pure Phys. Dmg. build.

So, instead of those, grab a good set of Granite/Jade:

And an Overflowing Chalice, which will keep all your flasks topped off:

Lastly, grab one of these:

It will keep you at Max Rage pretty much all the time, letting you spam Berserk on cool-down, which reduces the damage you take while also increasing the damage you deal.

Just make sure that if you don't already have it, you bind Enduring Cry to your Left Mouse Button, so that it auto-casts as you move, thereby triggering Kaom's Spirit.

GL

EDIT: You can also save a lot of points by traveling down "Fire Resistance" instead of "Path of The Warrior". Then grab things like both "Life Mastery"s, "Endurance Charge", "Bannerman", "Point Blank", and most importantly "Call to Arms" (This is MANDATORY btw, not sure how you are playing without this! That's crazy... hehe. Grab that ASAP!)
Last edited by corosou on Mar 15, 2023, 12:34:43 PM
im not understanding what you mean by fire resistance side and path of the warrior side? ^^; aside from that i tend to not pay attenttion to supplementary nodes and always feel i need the damage first aka cant get 1shot if i 1shot first xD i usually end up picking them up later but yea i see what you mean though. I got those flask set up for the hp flask should it have anything enkindled or instilled? I got a dying sun for the last flask since it adds extra projectiles.
Last edited by IzakayaBomber on Mar 16, 2023, 5:05:23 AM
"
IzakayaBomber wrote:
im not understanding what you mean by fire resistance side and path of the warrior side? ^^; aside from that i tend to not pay attenttion to supplementary nodes and always feel i need the damage first aka cant get 1shot if i 1shot first xD i usually end up picking them up later but yea i see what you mean though. I got those flask set up for the hp flask should it have anything enkindled or instilled? I got a dying sun for the last flask since it adds extra projectiles.

Travel down this Fire Res node:

Drop everything besides Constitution and re-use elsewhere.

Dying Sun is fine, but I would use an Amethyst Flask instead for more Chaos Res.

GL
ahh okay i see that did help.
3.21 Patch Notes Update!

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to go over some parts of the 3.21 Patch Notes, as Shattering and Splitting are part of the short list of skills that were balanced.

Shattering Steel now has:

• 5 to 7 Added Attack Physical Damage at gem level 1 (previously 8 to 12)
  • Scaling up to 123 to 185 at gem level 20 (previously 113 to 169)
  • "Projectiles deal up to 50% more Damage with Hits per Steel Shard consumed at the start of their movement, lowering the bonus as they travel farther" at gem level 1, scaling up to 110% at gem level 20 (previously 100% at all gem levels)

Splitting Steel now has:

• 70% effectiveness of Added Damage at gem level 1 (previously 100%)
  • Scaling up to 210% at gem level 20 (unchanged)
  • 1 to 2 Added Attack Physical Damage at gem level 1 (previously 2 to 3)
  • Scaling up to 101 to 151 at gem level 20 (previously 75 to 113)
  • Projectiles now Split towards 2 targets at gem level 1 (unchanged), and 5 targets at gem level 20 (previously 4)
  • It no longer has 50% less Area of Effect after Splitting. Splitting Steel projectiles can now only travel 45 units before splitting.

Not surprising, both Splitting and Shattering were strong early on, so they got a small neft, but with the Crucible mechanic, weapons should more than compensate; also, Faster Attacks is now available from lvl 8 on, and there are a lot of other changes that I think will make leveling feel fine.

By gem level 20 Splitting gets a very nice buff for endgame: we now get 5 targets and no AoE penalty, which should feel pretty good!

The 45 units makes no difference, because while using Nimis you should be targeting right in front of you, so the Split takes place in a somewhat predictable location, then Split Projectiles travel out, Return and Explode pretty much at that same location. Test it in HO with Nimis; first targeting in front of you, and then far away, so you can see the difference in Split Projectile Return behavior, though, that may have all changed, because of my next point…

Projectile Return mechanics have had quite a few changes to them, which I honestly have a very hard time understanding after re-reading them many times over. So, I’ll just have to test in-game with my 3.20 toon in STD to see how they feel, once the league gets going.

Other changes include things regarding Mana Reservation, Masteries, etc, that I’ll need to look into once PoB is updated, but overall I think the build is fine for 3.21, and I’m guessing/hoping that someone at GGG gave the build a shot, saw it could use a bit of love in endgame, buffed it a bit, and so, it should hopefully work better than it did in 3.20, by making it easier to reach the DPS I had with my optimized gear.

I’ll update PoB Export and provide further updates as I can…

GL in 3.21!
3.21 Updated PoB!

Hi Everyone,

So, just imported my 3.20 toon into PoB and barely had to change anything in tree.

Everything looks pretty much the same, I just dropped Rampart, the old Determination Reservation and a bit of Aura Effect, and grabbed Revelry +12% Mana Reservation.

A lot of overreacting over Reservation changes for nothing... :/

Anyway, below is the updated PoB Export; as always the Config page is setup for Max Potential Single Target DPS, and so you can see what effects are being taken advantage of, so adjust accordingly:

https://pobb.in/gTE9PTl8RomT *Updated 4/3/2023 First 3.21 Export

I'm pretty sure I'll be tweaking things as I progress my 3.21 toon, and so I'll post future updates as necessary.

GL

EDIT: Oops... forgot Call to Arms was on my Relic
Last edited by corosou on Apr 3, 2023, 6:53:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info