0.9.10 Information and News

"
dust7 wrote:
And a question about the loot system: What if a party splits up in an area and each player goes hunting on their own (that is the party members being far away from each other)? I would not like to wait a few seconds after killing enemies to make sure the loot other players (who are on the other side of the map) got assigned gets visible/available for me.

I don't think it will be an issue (emphasis mine)...
"
Chris wrote:
In multiplayer instances, certain items (magic, rare, unique, currency and gems) are now allocated to a random nearby player for a short duration, during which time only that player may pick them up.

Oh, and thanks for the update, Chris!
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
Nifty shit!
Awesome. Looking forward to it.

It might be interesting if the notice board would also be used for certain side-quests or tasks that earn experience or something? Like "kill x number of monsters". That'd be a nice addition to the game I think. Just an idea.

I also like that the stash has been moved, I think it's better where it is now.
@Garr0t
yes, but the definition "nearby" could be anything from standing right next to each other to being in the same zone. ;)
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
Last edited by dust7 on May 25, 2012, 2:31:32 AM
Nice update and i like the loot system change, it's a step in the right direction.

(IMO) One thing that Torchlight II got right is their loot system. You don't even see what drops for other people.

The free-for-all loot is preferred by some people but it should never be the default for everybody. Make it an option for custom leagues (old school grandpa i-hate-change league).
Last edited by Khodar on May 25, 2012, 2:34:18 AM
"
Increased the difficulty of Cruel, Ruthless and Merciless by adjusting monster damage and pack sizes.

what does "adjusting monster damage" means here?

i think the problem in cruel and ruthless is, that you can RUSH through it.

its like a fps-egoshooter where everything goes down in one-click

the monster-hitpoints are (for me) the problem.
i am actually in ruthless act 2 and i 1shot whites and 2shot blues
i dont care about monsterdamage or packsize - monsters die too fast anyway.

just my 2cents to this point

cheers

act two boss in 0.9.11 patch.... hmmm.... look forward to pwn it... lol...
34pre98qua
Excellent.
\m/
Sucks i have to wait longer for the open, but im glad you guys would rather take the time to make sure it's right, hoping for that random invite anyday now!
"
Except that if there are still enemies in melee making it unsafe to go get your loot it'll sit there and once the timer wears off the melee will just take it anyways. This is one of the few things Diablo 3 got right, please just have loot per for each individual player like it.

I see it as a good form of education: to get players 'isolated' which dont share loot, or which do you not want to share with - just dont play with them and find "nicer" friends.

From my sight, with good people I can share, and do talk about the loot, I see a lot of situations where I grab things the others dont want, or dont notice - even gems or currencies! (and I'm mostly not the melee char...)
There will be a lot of loss, if there's no chance to see it for other chars then the one it initially is dropped for.

@Chris: thanks for the update, and the exciting announcements! looking forward on how it works then!
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Last edited by Mr_Cee on May 25, 2012, 3:15:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info