0.9.10 Information and News

"
KoTao wrote:
Everything looks good except for the gimmicky loot system change, which seems like a bandaid solution to a problem that doesnt actually exist outside of a few whine-filled forum threads.

Try it next week and let us know what you think. We're trying to keep the frantic item-grab moment while still allowing ranged character (and players with higher latency) enough time to react.

"
KoTao wrote:
I also hope the new endgame has the same level of randomness as maelstrom of chaos (which is great fun, btw), and isnt just a fifth difficulty with static monster/item levels thats otherwise functionally identical to the previous four.

The new endgame will be far more random than the Maelstrom is right now. The fourth difficulty is being removed once we add Act Three.

I expect we'll post a developer diary entry about our philosophy of end-game play as we announce the details of this system.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Can you give us any hints as to what sort of Grotesque Abomination the Act 2 Boss will be? ;)
Awesomeness!
Wasn't act 3 like, almost done - months ago? Same with the act 2 boss, i remember chris saying it was finished and ready to be implemented...

how long does it take to add a trade function, apparently months..
"
T6000 wrote:
Can you give us any hints as to what sort of Grotesque Abomination the Act 2 Boss will be? ;)

Go watch the Templar trailer.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
"
darkjoy wrote:
Wasn't act 3 like, almost done - months ago? Same with the act 2 boss, i remember chris saying it was finished and ready to be implemented...

how long does it take to add a trade function, apparently months..

Yes
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
anyone has a free beta here to give me? pls pm me
Im such a sad person :(
Awesome.
Does the Notice Board come with a search function? Once Open Beta hits, I don't want to browse through thousands of party titles. ;)

And a question about the loot system: What if a party splits up in an area and each player goes hunting on their own (that is the party members being far away from each other)? I would not like to wait a few seconds after killing enemies to make sure the loot other players (who are on the other side of the map) got assigned gets visible/available for me.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
Last edited by dust7 on May 25, 2012, 1:27:26 AM
"
Chris wrote:

Try it next week and let us know what you think. We're trying to keep the frantic item-grab moment while still allowing ranged character (and players with higher latency) enough time to react.

Except that if there are still enemies in melee making it unsafe to go get your loot it'll sit there and once the timer wears off the melee will just take it anyways. This is one of the few things Diablo 3 got right, please just have loot per for each individual player like it.
I don't really think increasing the damage of monsters is a good way to increase difficulty. This will cause players that rely on evasion to get 1-hit KO'ed way too often. This was already happening to me when killing Kraytlin with a ranger. Each of his flicker strikes would take over 90% of my health, and these can't be manually avoided, which means there's no player skill involved, its simply numbers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info