0.9.10 Information and News

"
Chris wrote:

The new endgame will be far more random than the Maelstrom is right now. The fourth difficulty is being removed once we add Act Three.

I don't know if this matters to you guys, but I'm of the personal opinion that the name Ruthless should be the one to go by the wayside. Ruthless and Merciless are very similar to each other, but Merciless just sounds so much cooler. Ruthless seems to be the most unnecessary by comparison.

Normal, Cruel, Merciless FTW, hehe.
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Last edited by VideoGeemer on May 25, 2012, 1:28:54 AM
"
VideoGeemer wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

The new endgame will be far more random than the Maelstrom is right now. The fourth difficulty is being removed once we add Act Three.

I don't know if this matters to you guys, but I'm of the personal opinion that the name Ruthless should be the one to go. Ruthless and Merciless are very similar to each other, but Merciless just sounds so much cooler. Ruthless seems to be the most unnecessary by comparison.

Normal, Cruel, Merciless FTW, hehe.

I still think it should be Outcast -> Forsaken -> Exile ;)
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
The more I think about this looting change, the more disappointed I am. It does absolutely nothing to solve the problem and the implications for what GGG thinks grouping should be like are pretty unfortunate. Rather than just being greedy jerks about loot and sometimes being too far away, we can all be greedy jerks and be equally rewarded for it. It doesn't look like I'm ever going to be able to group with people in this game.
The Amazon Basin: A Community of Friends Playing Games

http://www.theamazonbasin.com
"
dust7 wrote:

I still think it should be Outcast -> Forsaken -> Exile ;)

Hey, that's actually really awesome. I support your notion, hehe. But if they want to stick with the current titles rather than making all-new names, then I revert to my previous case. :)
The only thing I'd say with this post is to double the time of the new loot system. Besides that I fucking love you guys....you actually know what needs to be done to compete.
"
OnmyojiOmn wrote:
The more I think about this looting change, the more disappointed I am. It does absolutely nothing to solve the problem and the implications for what GGG thinks grouping should be like are pretty unfortunate. Rather than just being greedy jerks about loot and sometimes being too far away, we can all be greedy jerks and be equally rewarded for it. It doesn't look like I'm ever going to be able to group with people in this game.

Then group with people like me, if you can find us. I remember the days when people were expected to know how to play in a party. How to stick together, how one player would lure enemies out a doorway so the others could pick them off, how they'd each take one side of a hallway, how certain gear drops would by default be offered first to the players of the corresponding class.

Now most players just rush ahead, and the multiplayer game as it currently stands is ridiculously easy except for the boss battles, so this methodology is working well enough for them. But some of us remember the old ways (LOL, I'm so old) and miss the consideration of those parties.
Last edited by VideoGeemer on May 25, 2012, 1:34:42 AM
"
OnmyojiOmn wrote:

We're happy to adapt the system based on feedback from the players. We posted this idea 16 months ago (in that infamous thread I linked to in the original post) and only found time in the schedule to add it this week. It'll be pretty interesting to see how it affects the grouping dynamics.

We have been clear from the start though - PoE is about items mattering. We want to make item drops be exciting, and that requires both highs and lows.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
+1 for the inclusion of item comparison ;)
I used to be apathetic, now I just don't care.
"
Duplicate submission protection enabled. You may have submit this form already. If you haven't then please submit it again.

Spellchecker - you may have SUBMITTED?.....

Also thanks so much for moving the stash again (by a decent amount)- I recon someone had actually kicked it closer to the door again because of my increased and unplanned trips to the terraces again this patch :P A minor problem for some but getting really frustrating for me so thanks :D

Rest sounds great - looking forward to trying it out.

Looking forwards to ze patch already. Keep up le good work, GGG
Shoep - Default league Ranger
Peohs - Any other class or character i play.
Jhuvik - My Marauder
Merialeth - My witch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info