0.9.10 Information and News

I've been in beta for a while but haven't played as much as I would like to due to an old graphics card :/ (My graphics card will crash after a while of playing. I hope someday I can afford a new one to play this!). However what I have played of PoE I know that your team has gotten this game right in so many ways. As a long time Diablo fan, I can say that this game got it right in comparison to the latest installment of Diablo. Thanks for the great work on this game, can't wait to experience more!
"
VideoGeemer wrote:
"
EDIT: I play on the American server.

Both gateways go to the same place. :)

So you can log in through whichever server you want, and the realm is the same. Truly global.

Wow that is awesome news. Thanks for the info!
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
"
I have a question:

Does the patch fix the current BSOD crash issues with Creative sound cards?
No, unless they manage to squeeze a fix in over the weekend. This is definitely on their to-do list, but it seems to be a complex issue.

Damn...I want to use my sound card.
Not to stir up another controversy, but, in regards to the loot drop system...

I realize that there is a great deal of concern from many folks that FFA will lead to loot ninjas Bogarting their stuff.

While I understand the concern, how prevalent is that, actually, in PoE? Do we even know if it is a real problem, yet, or merely a perceived issue?

In other words, how many players here actually behave that way, and, is it worth the time and effort to cobble up a game mechanic to resolve that, when simple social mechanics might work, if people had the option, say, to put a one-time +/- on another players rating conditional on having partied with them before the rating?

That way, if you party with someone and like how well they share, rate them +1. Party with them again, and they rip you off, rate 'em -1 (always up or down 1, never resulting in a zero). That way, like eBay and other online communities, you can tell at a glance if someone has cheesed off a lotta folks.

It would make us all responsible for policing our own community, rather than enforcing a potentially-disruptive, artificial game mechanic on the actual play of PoE. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Raycheetah on Jun 3, 2012, 3:05:58 AM
"
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
"
I have a question:

Does the patch fix the current BSOD crash issues with Creative sound cards?
No, unless they manage to squeeze a fix in over the weekend. This is definitely on their to-do list, but it seems to be a complex issue.

Try this. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/34296
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
"
DarkNRG wrote:
"

Try this. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/34296

The problem is that turning off the Creative Enhancements turns off the surround sound and all the other extras that the Creative sound cards are purchased for. So it will sound no better than using onboard sound.

GGG needs to fix this. Creative cards are quite popular.

UPDATE: I have not had a single BSOD since the 9.10 patch went live!! Looks like the audio tweaks with stereo separation erased the Creative cards issue for me.
Last edited by triggerhippy on Jun 4, 2012, 9:10:04 PM
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Not to stir up another controversy, but, in regards to the loot drop system...

I realize that there is a great deal of concern from many folks that FFA will lead to loot ninjas Bogarting their stuff.

While I understand the concern, how prevalent is that, actually, in PoE? Do we even know if it is a real problem, yet, or merely a perceived issue?

It's been truly FFA until a couple days ago, so I wuld imagine they might know from actual experience whether they feel it's a real issue or not.

"
In other words, how many players here actually behave that way, and, is it worth the time and effort to cobble up a game mechanic to resolve that, when simple social mechanics might work, if people had the option, say, to put a one-time +/- on another players rating conditional on having partied with them before the rating?

Wait, what?

I'm not sure what you're talking about, but isn't a toggle for instanced loot easier than all that?

"
That way, if you party with someone and like how well they share, rate them +1. Party with them again, and they rip you off, rate 'em -1 (always up or down 1, never resulting in a zero). That way, like eBay and other online communities, you can tell at a glance if someone has cheesed off a lotta folks.

How many players, even the bad ones, would even come close to netting a negative score?

I mean, they're not going to rip off EVERYONE, right?

And what if a person just doesn't play in groups that often? They'll have a low positive count. Unless you're suggesting a thing that shows total votes, and percentages for positive and negative (probably even 15% negative would be a lot) ... and isn't that a bit complicated?

"
It would make us all responsible for policing our own community, rather than enforcing a potentially-disruptive, artificial game mechanic on the actual play of PoE. =^[.]^=

Although yeah, I do agree with this general sentiment. :\

But if they had a toggle, that wouldn't really enforce it, would it?
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
All I've heard was people saying that they were afraid to party in FFA mode, not that they had and had been ripped off.

One-time, in that you couldn't pile + or - ratings on a given player, just a + or a -.

The score is in two columns, + and -. Easy to judge from that how well people regard them. And, if they make a habit of being jerks, they will accrue a high - score, even if their friends + them up, sufficient reason to make inquiries, perhaps on the forum, about their reputation, before partying.

Make more sense? =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Raycheetah on Jun 7, 2012, 5:25:52 AM
the idea seems ok to me. i definitely prefer it over d3's current system as it forces you to stop, discuss what the other person found and then trade, rather than just seeing whatever and picking up what each person needs. i prefer the FFA route and this is an ok compromise imo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info