[3.23] [Leaguestarter] Exsanguinate Ascendant - a great all-rounder

"
Vyvanne wrote:
I'm thinking about giving this a try in hc trade league. How often do you find yourself dying? I'll have a good chunk of currency to throw at it so I should be able to jumpstart myself.

Also side note, what is the hideout decoration/map device that gives you that flower-like effect when you put in maps (in your minotaur maze vid)? That's really cool but I don't see it in as a map device mtx on the shop.

Hey there!

If you would like to build it for HC environment, I'd advise to go even harder on defenses. From my experience this build dies very rarely, when you invest into some evasion - but "very rarely" is not enough for Hc. I'd advise to sacrifice one of the offensive auras for Grace, probably go with Unleash Support instead of Efficacy to click less and spend more time on dodging stuff. Crit damage mitigation would be a pain to get, probably you'd have to go with Watcher's Eye mod or something like this.

Alternatively, you could go with a tougher ascendancy class, maybe Champion or Juggernaut, but that would most likely require much heavier investment into Spell Suppression.

As for the HO decoration - the map device I was using was a part of a supporter pack, and it's called Magebloom Map Device. I believe it was a part of Arcanist Supporter Pack, but I'm not 100% sure. Unfortunately it is not available for points, which is usually the case with supporter pack MTXs.
"
Pukezorg wrote:
What is the best version between scion pure phys or pathfinder poison?

Hey there!

I haven't played the poison version at all, so I can't compare it. I'd reckon that it should be pretty good because of the recent Pathfinder changes, but one should focus more on cast speed, because it would improve DPS far more in poison version.
"
faustus100 wrote:
Could anyone please explain to me two things, I am new in this build and really do not get the points, though easy I guess:

Why do we exactly link Vulnerability to Arcanist brand? I hce to cast the brand anyway it seems, and it lasts only short so I could cast Vulnerability directly too it feels.
And:
Why do we take spell damage nodes when it's a phys build? Does Spell damage count in too?
Thanks a lot!

It's a it hard on Ruthless I must say ^^

Hey there!

To explain both points:

1. You could go with Vulnerability alone and cast it yourself. Most people like to automate this stuff though. What Arcanist Brand does, is triggering spells connected to it every so often, essentially casting them for you. I added this so I don't have to think about cursing the boss - I just put the brand beforehand, and it sticks to the boss.

2. The answer to what scales your damage in PoE isn't always that simple, so I'll try my best to explain it:
Exsanguinate is a Physical Spell. It has a built-in Physical Damage hit, and can inflict a Physical Damage over Time effect on an enemy. This means that:
the hit portion of the skill scales with Global Physical Damage (it is important to distinguish Physical Damage on weapons like Swords - these don't scale it, only the Global Physical Damage does), Spell Damage, generic Damage.
The Damage over Time portion scales with Global Physical Damage, Damage over Time and Damage over Time Multipliers. Now, damage over time in this game isn't neither an attack nor a spell, no matter the source, so it doesn't scale from any of these innately. However, some skills have an additional line on it that states "modifiers to x damage also apply to this skill's damage over time effect". This applies to our Exsanguinate, which means we can use Spell Damage for our purposes.

The reason that this isn't so straightforward is - you can use your weapon as a base damage for attacks, which changes the calculations. You can convert one damage type to another, which lets you benefit from both damage types. There's a lot going on with this in PoE.
Last edited by pawelos13 on Apr 27, 2023, 5:26:01 AM
I get most of it, though Arcanist brand gives me the creeps ^^
Yes, I cast it and it curses, right.
But afer casting it lasts only 3 seconds to curse around. Then I have to cast a new one. And I think doing that I could easily urse directly every 3 seconds.
And I am SURE I do something or understand something wrong here ^^
Thx for making me understand.
Hi!

First of all, thanks for the build.
I'm having a lot of fun with it, I always wanted to play with Exsanguinate but never found a good build.

I haven't played since Ritual League so I'm a bit rusty with the game. I'm already in maps, trying to go into red maps (I'm comfortable with t11, not more than that).

I just got the Polaris Invitation to fight The Black Star and died miserably. I think I'm not doing enough dps and the defense is a bit low.

Could you please check my POB whenever you get the chance?

I don't think I'm using the passive tree masteries well, sometimes they get 'deactivated'.

Thanks a lot!

Edit: I changed my flasks and the survability improved, I managed to defeat Black Star and The Infinite Hunger.

POB link: https://pobb.in/aBtY3PKCMMSZ
Last edited by Ksrluke on May 6, 2023, 9:49:27 AM
Hello,

You are missing a lot of life and life regeneration on your items. +1 to all maximum resistances masteries are very helpful aswell for defensive purposes.

You can get better flasks, life + armor + evasion + chaos are a good start. Look for solid suffixes: +evasion, +armor, reduced effect of curses, etc.

Finally you can use Grace instead of Malevolence if you die a lot. Set aside Flesh and Stone until you can fit it in.

Cheers.
"
enz0 wrote:
Hello,

You are missing a lot of life and life regeneration on your items. +1 to all maximum resistances masteries are very helpful aswell for defensive purposes.

You can get better flasks, life + armor + evasion + chaos are a good start. Look for solid suffixes: +evasion, +armor, reduced effect of curses, etc.

Finally you can use Grace instead of Malevolence if you die a lot. Set aside Flesh and Stone until you can fit it in.

Cheers.

Thanks a lot enz0!

I'll start by getting a better armor for now. Is Searing Exarch implicits preferred over Eater of Worlds or not?

Thanks again for the tips and for taking your time!
Fun and colorful build (bought the transcendence effect lmao), thanks!

Can you look at my build too please? Survivability wise I think I'm fine, but my damage makes me not go beyond t16 yet. Why am I missing millions of damage? I get that my gems are not all max level, but the difference is HUGE.

https://pobb.in/aRuCYbw7wb2Z
"
H3avyM3tal wrote:
Fun and colorful build (bought the transcendence effect lmao), thanks!

Can you look at my build too please? Survivability wise I think I'm fine, but my damage makes me not go beyond t16 yet. Why am I missing millions of damage? I get that my gems are not all max level, but the difference is HUGE.

https://pobb.in/aRuCYbw7wb2Z

Hey there!

From what I can see, you have around 1.4M DPS when Exsanguinate applies 3 DoT debuffs on enemy. The ways I see to upgrade it:

1. I see that you've traded Pride for Grace - which obviously upgrades the survivability, but it cuts some of the damage. I don't say that going for damage is explicitly better - it is your choice after all, whether you prefer more defences or damage - but Pride is a lot of damage.

2. Note that you are at level 83, and you can pick up some damage on the tree (more points on the Vanquisher wheel, some jewel sockets, you can go for Master of Blades wheel, Acrimony wheel or even for Cluster Jewels). There is more to come.

3. You may have enough life regeneration (or you will have after raising the maximum resistances) to sustain Righteous Fire - which will be 40% more damage when you need it).

4. Remember to both level your gems and apply quality to them. It may look like a small thing, but it may give you a decent chunk of damage (especially here, because I went for decent defences and not that much damage, so that every point of damage matters).

5. The damage will feel worse when you switch from Swift Affliction to Chain - I believe switching the gems is the most optimal way, but if you are willing to trade off some of the clearing capabilities, you may stay with SA all the time.
Last edited by pawelos13 on May 18, 2023, 11:30:08 AM
I do use pride though 🤔

Am I supposed to see the icon up in the buff area? I want to also try and get a the cluster jewel near the suppress area, and throw in a 50% aura reserve efficiency to see if I can squeeze in flesh and stone or war banner in there.

I'll let you know if it's working, thanks for looking 👍

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info