[3.23] [Leaguestarter] Exsanguinate Ascendant - a great all-rounder

Have you gotten around to testing 6L Vaal reap + 4L exsan?
"
Verdyxz wrote:
Have you gotten around to testing 6L Vaal reap + 4L exsan?

Hey there!

Yes, I have been testing, and these are my conclusions:

1. Vaal Reap is superior for bosses, if you can use the Vaal version. If you can't, it feels similar in terms of damage. Reap may be a little bit easier to play while in boss fights thanks to its DoT portion being a one bigger stack.

2. As expected, Exsanguinate is superior while mapping. That said, going with 4link (I went with Exsang - Cruelty - Brutality - Chain) feels too little damage even for maps, so I wouldn't recommend 6L Vaal Reap + 4L Exsang, especially when you add socket space to the equation.

Overall, I feel the most optimal way to play would be to swap Exsang for Vaal Reap and Chain for Swift Affliction on big bosses and stick to Exsang in other cases.
Hello \o

Have you considered adding the unique bow; Roth's Reach to the build as a leveling unique? Once I hit act 3 and my damage more or less one-shot most mobs, the biggest problem was the hit cap of 7 enemies, however Roth's Reach adds 2 Chain to skills, which means Ecsanguinate went from one-shotting 7 mobs per cast to 21, which, to me at least, felt super good from the moment I added it. I obviously don't know how long I'm gonna keep it, but moving into act 6, the damage is still perfectly fine.
"
pawelos13 wrote:
I've actually conducted some tests last league, I've bought Raider jewels and specced into Pathfinder (Raider was cheaper lmao). The build felt worse to me, because I lost significant amount of damage in exchange of... not even permanent flasks. I've therefore decided not to suggest any of the Forbidden Jewels.

Due to the Hierophant changes, something like Gladiator, Hiero, Trickster would do you much better.

Personally, I just used a highroll Atziri's Steps so I can run Dissolution. As my budget increases I'm sure I can craft a better rare, but for now it's more than enough to consider PF.

Raider has the downside of relatively low onslaught and frenzy charge uptime comes at the cost of a very large spell damage implicit; which is equally accessible to Pathfinder. With Pathfinder, we can source onslaught through its flask. While flask uptime will not be permanent without DoT flask effect duration medium cluster jewels, it will be far longer than with Raider. Due to the incredibly (and likely, temporary) high availability of spell suppression, it's not much of an ask to simply buy a T1 spell suppression roll.

In this context, Raider is only providing Phasing. Pathfinder allows our utility flasks to be up for far longer during bossfights, and can even keep up frenzy charges through a writhing jar.

Another option is to take the very popular Berserker and rage regeneration gauntlets to add Berserk as a buff for bossing. With FF/FF, that would mean taking Path of the Marauder (roughly saving a travel point, taking the life leg of the start) and buying Hierophant.

Editing to add, the second curse you would want to run would be Punishment. Now that Punishment is 50% health, it's in effect for far longer.
Last edited by Gwennifer on Apr 15, 2023, 9:22:59 AM
"
Kyorisi wrote:
Hello \o

Have you considered adding the unique bow; Roth's Reach to the build as a leveling unique? Once I hit act 3 and my damage more or less one-shot most mobs, the biggest problem was the hit cap of 7 enemies, however Roth's Reach adds 2 Chain to skills, which means Ecsanguinate went from one-shotting 7 mobs per cast to 21, which, to me at least, felt super good from the moment I added it. I obviously don't know how long I'm gonna keep it, but moving into act 6, the damage is still perfectly fine.

Hey there,

No, I wasn't considering adding Roth's Reach as a leveling unique. There are a few things that don't appeal to me:

1. There is low chance you will get this bow in a league start scenario, and I don't want people to be obligated to get it.
2. You may have issues with dexterity early on. In my tree progression you go to the Ranger area rather late (around level 50-55), so you may encounter some attribute issues.
3. It forces people to changing the gear massively just for leveling. I'm sure for most of us it would be fine, but there are some that want to stick to the same (or just similar) gear options.

That said, it can still provide a boost to clearing, I can't deny that.
"
Gwennifer wrote:
"
pawelos13 wrote:
I've actually conducted some tests last league, I've bought Raider jewels and specced into Pathfinder (Raider was cheaper lmao). The build felt worse to me, because I lost significant amount of damage in exchange of... not even permanent flasks. I've therefore decided not to suggest any of the Forbidden Jewels.

Due to the Hierophant changes, something like Gladiator, Hiero, Trickster would do you much better.

Personally, I just used a highroll Atziri's Steps so I can run Dissolution. As my budget increases I'm sure I can craft a better rare, but for now it's more than enough to consider PF.

Raider has the downside of relatively low onslaught and frenzy charge uptime comes at the cost of a very large spell damage implicit; which is equally accessible to Pathfinder. With Pathfinder, we can source onslaught through its flask. While flask uptime will not be permanent without DoT flask effect duration medium cluster jewels, it will be far longer than with Raider. Due to the incredibly (and likely, temporary) high availability of spell suppression, it's not much of an ask to simply buy a T1 spell suppression roll.

In this context, Raider is only providing Phasing. Pathfinder allows our utility flasks to be up for far longer during bossfights, and can even keep up frenzy charges through a writhing jar.

Another option is to take the very popular Berserker and rage regeneration gauntlets to add Berserk as a buff for bossing. With FF/FF, that would mean taking Path of the Marauder (roughly saving a travel point, taking the life leg of the start) and buying Hierophant.

Editing to add, the second curse you would want to run would be Punishment. Now that Punishment is 50% health, it's in effect for far longer.

Hey there!

These are good points, thank you for sharing.

I agree - after the changes Hiero is a viable option. I wouldn't say it is better than Trickster (my current setup has 8 different Masteries allocated, which translates into 16% more damage).

The thing that holds Raider's value to me is - it solves problems with spell suppression and cast speed early. That said - I see the world where Pathfinder will just be better. We would have to adjust the build to rely on permanent flask uptime though, but I can see that.

In terms of Frenzy Charges uptime: the corrupted implicit on Cold Iron Point or Overcharged wheel solves it for mapping, but for bossing it is quite hard. The previous iteration wasn't having these issues, because the previous version had Storm Brand with Hextouch, which carried the Frenzy Charges generation alone. This got nerfed in 3.20 though.

On the Punishment topic: I have to say I forget about this curse all the time lmao. It would actually fit well, rendering Occultist a viable option as well.

One could say there's options. I will test some when I will get enough currency to fool around and tinker with things.
Thanks for your guide . Really enjoy the build right now
Hey, thx for the built again! Its nice to play until now. Since I specced "Revenge of the Hunted" recently and adapted my gem setup, I wanted to ask, why you took this wheel. Due to Exsang, Arrogance supp and the lifetap setups, we never will be on full life to get the 10 % spell suppr. Would it be an option to go for another evasion/suppr. wheel?
"
Slaygut wrote:
Hey, thx for the built again! Its nice to play until now. Since I specced "Revenge of the Hunted" recently and adapted my gem setup, I wanted to ask, why you took this wheel. Due to Exsang, Arrogance supp and the lifetap setups, we never will be on full life to get the 10 % spell suppr. Would it be an option to go for another evasion/suppr. wheel?

Hey there!

The 'Revenge of the Hunted' wheel was never meant to provide chance to Suppress Spell Damage - the constraint to stay on Full Life makes this line useless to me regardless of us reserving Vitality on life or not.

Outside of that, note that this wheel provides 19% increased Maximum Life and 38% increased Evasion Rating for three points. I think this is a solid value. Besides, we gain access to Evasion Masteries, and there are at least two that are good for us (the one with Spell Suppression and the one with Evasion from Body Armour).
"
pawelos13 wrote:
"
Slaygut wrote:

Hey there!

The 'Revenge of the Hunted' wheel was never meant to provide chance to Suppress Spell Damage - the constraint to stay on Full Life makes this line useless to me regardless of us reserving Vitality on life or not.

Outside of that, note that this wheel provides 19% increased Maximum Life and 38% increased Evasion Rating for three points. I think this is a solid value. Besides, we gain access to Evasion Masteries, and there are at least two that are good for us (the one with Spell Suppression and the one with Evasion from Body Armour).

Thanks for ur fast answer :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info