[3.23] [Leaguestarter] Exsanguinate Ascendant - a great all-rounder

"
pawelos13 wrote:
Outside of that, note that this wheel provides 19% increased Maximum Life and 38% increased Evasion Rating for three points. I think this is a solid value. Besides, we gain access to Evasion Masteries, and there are at least two that are good for us (the one with Spell Suppression and the one with Evasion from Body Armour).

I found it better to take Reflexes, the Evasion Mastery there, and then continue to path down for Magebane and the SED wheel past it.

But I also disregarded evasion to go heavier into life and armor.
Heya, having fun so far but i am wondering why i should use RF while using Cold Iron Point, as it is doing no damage. Or am i missing something?
"
Durndahl wrote:
Heya, having fun so far but i am wondering why i should use RF while using Cold Iron Point, as it is doing no damage. Or am i missing something?

Hey there!

We are using Righteous Fire for his utility purposes, not as a mean to deal damage. Righteous Fire grants you 39% more spell damage on level 20. Now, that wouldn't innately scale our DoTs from Exsanguinate, but Exsanguinate has a line "modifiers to spell damage also apply to this skill's damage over time modifiers". Therefore, Righteous Fire is 40% more damage for us.
"
Gwennifer wrote:
"
pawelos13 wrote:
Outside of that, note that this wheel provides 19% increased Maximum Life and 38% increased Evasion Rating for three points. I think this is a solid value. Besides, we gain access to Evasion Masteries, and there are at least two that are good for us (the one with Spell Suppression and the one with Evasion from Body Armour).

I found it better to take Reflexes, the Evasion Mastery there, and then continue to path down for Magebane and the SED wheel past it.

But I also disregarded evasion to go heavier into life and armor.

That is a way to go as well, I just found my defences without this small amount of evasion incomplete. Going to ~9k evasion and having ~55% evade chance helps, and I really don't like dying lmao.
"
pawelos13 wrote:
"
Durndahl wrote:

Hey there!

We are using Righteous Fire for his utility purposes, not as a mean to deal damage. Righteous Fire grants you 39% more spell damage on level 20. Now, that wouldn't innately scale our DoTs from Exsanguinate, but Exsanguinate has a line "modifiers to spell damage also apply to this skill's damage over time modifiers". Therefore, Righteous Fire is 40% more damage for us.

Oh, i missed the spell damage bonus completly. Thanks for the explanation <3
I'm thinking about giving this a try in hc trade league. How often do you find yourself dying? I'll have a good chunk of currency to throw at it so I should be able to jumpstart myself.

Also side note, what is the hideout decoration/map device that gives you that flower-like effect when you put in maps (in your minotaur maze vid)? That's really cool but I don't see it in as a map device mtx on the shop.
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
Mapping is fun, bossing feels awful.
In order to consistently apply 3 stacks of Exsanguinate we'd a decent cast speed, but getting 3 frenzy charges and Onslaught through Raider ascendancy alone is close to impossible, which means the dps is pretty low. Most normal bosses are doable thanks to solid defences.
Last edited by azaanis on Apr 22, 2023, 3:03:54 PM
What is the best version between scion pure phys or pathfinder poison?
Could anyone please explain to me two things, I am new in this build and really do not get the points, though easy I guess:

Why do we exactly link Vulnerability to Arcanist brand? I hce to cast the brand anyway it seems, and it lasts only short so I could cast Vulnerability directly too it feels.
And:
Why do we take spell damage nodes when it's a phys build? Does Spell damage count in too?
Thanks a lot!

It's a it hard on Ruthless I must say ^^
"
azaanis wrote:
Mapping is fun, bossing feels awful.
In order to consistently apply 3 stacks of Exsanguinate we'd a decent cast speed, but getting 3 frenzy charges and Onslaught through Raider ascendancy alone is close to impossible, which means the dps is pretty low. Most normal bosses are doable thanks to solid defences.

Hey there!

The frenzy charge thing is a leftover of the times when the build had Storm Brand and Hextouch links. Them it was really easy to sustain charges, basically Storm Brand did that by itself. Now it is an issue, I just didn't bother for now since like 98% of my leaguestart time is on maps anyways.

However, I want to improve this build, which means I'd like to try an idea posted earlier - with a Pathfinder instead of a Raider, perma flasks and gaining power from them. This needs a proper testing though, so I won't update it in a while.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info