[3.23] [Leaguestarter] Exsanguinate Ascendant - a great all-rounder

Well, maybe that's the difference, I didn't play with Blight and Ritual for a while. I will try playing with Hex Bloom, see what it feels.
"
IronCurtained wrote:
Levelling this build now, Where do we get Onslaught from? Just raider ascendancy? What's the Uptime like on frenzy, and will you only have onslaught during rares/bosses or should I be running a Silver flask? Good stuff.

Hey there!

Yes, the Raider part of our ascendancy is the source of our onslaught. In terms of the uptime of our frenzy charges - on maps it is solved by chance to gain frenzy charge on kill (dagger corruption implicit), on bosses, it's not that good tbh. You may want to have a silver flask on you on boss fights. Also, this will be changed in the next iteration of the build, but I'm working on it now and will wait until patch notes on the update.
"
pawelos13 wrote:
"
IronCurtained wrote:
Levelling this build now, Where do we get Onslaught from? Just raider ascendancy? What's the Uptime like on frenzy, and will you only have onslaught during rares/bosses or should I be running a Silver flask? Good stuff.

Hey there!

Yes, the Raider part of our ascendancy is the source of our onslaught. In terms of the uptime of our frenzy charges - on maps it is solved by chance to gain frenzy charge on kill (dagger corruption implicit), on bosses, it's not that good tbh. You may want to have a silver flask on you on boss fights. Also, this will be changed in the next iteration of the build, but I'm working on it now and will wait until patch notes on the update.

Nice man. I am very much enjoying this build and I personally think its one of the most underrated starters (esp for as a scion) I've ever seen. like a lot of AHA moments as im building this, and ive played since Perandus. Very good stuff, astonishingly tanky and exactly what im looking for in a starter as all of this gear (especially with CIPs after seismic nerf) being cheaper makes this an extremely hot build. That was my main concern but after spending a little more time testing it, onslaught flask for boss i think fixes this actually as during mapping this works great as hitting rares and bosses fixes it actually so im not sure, anyway keep it up, i enjoy unique builds like this that are actually good.
"
IronCurtained wrote:
"
pawelos13 wrote:
"
IronCurtained wrote:

Hey there!

Nice man. I am very much enjoying this build and I personally think its one of the most underrated starters (esp for as a scion) I've ever seen. like a lot of AHA moments as im building this, and ive played since Perandus. Very good stuff, astonishingly tanky and exactly what im looking for in a starter as all of this gear (especially with CIPs after seismic nerf) being cheaper makes this an extremely hot build. That was my main concern but after spending a little more time testing it, onslaught flask for boss i think fixes this actually as during mapping this works great as hitting rares and bosses fixes it actually so im not sure, anyway keep it up, i enjoy unique builds like this that are actually good.

Glad to hear the kind words!

The idea behind this build was for it to be an all-rounder in the first place, so there is a bit of tankiness, Whirling Blades provide speed, Exsanguinate + Chain Support provide clear, only the bossing is lackluster a bit.
The new version will probably be Low Life with Petrified Blood and Pain Attunement, so it will get a solid chunk of damage, but I'm worried about the survivability. I have to playtest it, hopefully it will turn out solid.
Got my eye on this build as a potential candidate for the next league.

Looks affordable with reasonable expectations set from start to finish.

I think it will also pair well with the league mechanic, particularly the tattoo rewards. For example, they've shown a +1 int gem tattoo that replaces a +30 int notable, so it stands to reason that there will be a +1 str gem one too, and there's a +30 str node hanging right off of a path this build already takes.

Naturally, it will remain to be seen what further reveals and patch notes offer, but I doubt Exsanguinate or Scion will be touched much, if at all.
"
Omega333 wrote:
Got my eye on this build as a potential candidate for the next league.

Looks affordable with reasonable expectations set from start to finish.

I think it will also pair well with the league mechanic, particularly the tattoo rewards. For example, they've shown a +1 int gem tattoo that replaces a +30 int notable, so it stands to reason that there will be a +1 str gem one too, and there's a +30 str node hanging right off of a path this build already takes.

Naturally, it will remain to be seen what further reveals and patch notes offer, but I doubt Exsanguinate or Scion will be touched much, if at all.

Hey there!

Yeah, I thought the same about the Tattoos, gaining "+1 str gems" at the price of 1 passive point would scale us greatly.

I doubt Exsanguinate or Reap would be changed. Scion will certainly be changed, because Guardian and Chieftain will be changed, but that doesn't affect us.
So I'll be doing my second League for Trials, and I'm looking forward to trying the Exsanguinate Scion out. So much so that when I heard the Devs mention a new Support gem that increases damage of a skill in exchange for Life, I instantly thought of Exsanguinate and this Scion build. Did you catch that mention from the Con, pawelos? And if so, is there a link in the Exsanguinate 6 link you think would be the most likely candidate for a swap out if the new Support is nicely synergistic for the build?

I've tried Enki's Arc Witch, Flicker Strike Duellist, and Ice Shot Ranger, and I'm now looking forward to trying the Exsanguinate Scion you've made. Cheers for the new Start!
"
CostanzaK wrote:
So I'll be doing my second League for Trials, and I'm looking forward to trying the Exsanguinate Scion out. So much so that when I heard the Devs mention a new Support gem that increases damage of a skill in exchange for Life, I instantly thought of Exsanguinate and this Scion build. Did you catch that mention from the Con, pawelos? And if so, is there a link in the Exsanguinate 6 link you think would be the most likely candidate for a swap out if the new Support is nicely synergistic for the build?

I've tried Enki's Arc Witch, Flicker Strike Duellist, and Ice Shot Ranger, and I'm now looking forward to trying the Exsanguinate Scion you've made. Cheers for the new Start!

Hey there!

Yes, I've caught this part of talk when they mentioned the new support. If I remember correctly, the new support is supposed to work like this: you sacrifice a percentage of your maximum life (similarly to how Rathpith Globe works) for your skill to gain additional chaos damage. That means, it is useless for us. We don't scale at all with Chaos (we would if we were poison, but then - why don't just play Pathfinder?). Furthermore, this life sacrifice mechanic could actually make the build harder to function. We already have to deal with Exsanguinate's cost and Righteous Fire's degens, so we would need to invest in Life Regen even more to keep up with this support.

If you want to try replacing a support for testing, the least impactful is probably Efficacy Support.
Ah, too bad. Life is never easy. Well, unless you stack enough Life Regen Buffs...
Hello, can I please ask you how well does Exsanguinate work against Expedition, specifically block and hp regen remnants?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info