[3.23] MoM Crit Power Siphon Totem Hierophant

Is it safe to assume that 3.23 PoB works for 3.24? I'm not sure if there was any major changes to the build.
We loose tinctures. Imo Sacred Wisps support instead of totems are dead on arrival unless a miracle happens with Barrage.

Here is a variant where tinctures are replaced with Expeditions end. It is basically my level 99 wander with a different chest and even more freeze effect.

MoM Crit Power Siphon (PS) totem https://pobb.in/MX86vtlS_lBY

But...they just released the new KB gem of clustering!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3497686

PS of Archmage is very hard to build around on Hiero. It is very expensive to get it off the ground and actually be better than the default PS.

They changed PS last league and made it unable to be supported by barrage. They did the same for Kinetic Blast (KB) of Clustering. The wording is the same.

Default KB struggles with single target but is insane at clearing with sth. like GMP or Fork. The default KB can be supported by Barrage support for single target.

We have 7-8 totems and a very high mana pool. All we need is 100% conversion from phys to lightning damage since the new added damage is physical.

GGG made sure though that the explosions of KB cannot hit the single target. The secondary radius way way larger than the explosion radius. Scaling AoE is scaling both. The only viable option to make the explosions overlap is having a target near a wall. If the secondary of explosion radius would go through a wall it will instead happen before the wall making it overlap. Making artificial walls with Frost Wall sadly got nerfed long time ago. :)

There is a new KB poison angle for a mana builds too.

Damage effectiveness on KB of Clustering is 100% compared to 155% on the default gem.

At 7000 mana which is reasonable we get ~1000 flat added physical damage. (damage effectiveness has no effect on the added damage of the skill iteself, only other added damage)

Need to see some real PoB numbers for comparsion. If you get a way to apply KB explosion to singlet target KB will trash PS easily. KB of Clustering having 55% less damage effectiveness is bad for added damage from Arcane Cloak.
Last edited by zorker on Mar 27, 2024, 1:51:48 AM
"There is a new KB poison angle for a mana builds too."

See this could be fun to try :)
"
If you get a way to apply KB explosion to singlet target KB will trash PS easily.

snipers mark + returning projectiles support on KB should make the explosions shotgun I think.
"
muta123321 wrote:
"
If you get a way to apply KB explosion to singlet target KB will trash PS easily.

snipers mark + returning projectiles support on KB should make the explosions shotgun I think.

Sniper's mark depends on split and that KB can't split, sadly, it's in the text of the gem.

It also has problems with barrage as extra projectiles scales the number of explosions instead.
Last edited by Vanchelot on Mar 27, 2024, 8:34:58 PM
I added KB of Clustering myself to PoB to test some stuff.

If we are running this setup here we can convert 100% of physical damage to elemental.

Storms Hand a Large Cluster wand node converts 25% to lightning https://www.craftofexile.com/?b=165&ob=both&v=d&a=e&l=a&lg=15&bp=y&as=1&hb=0&bld={}&im={}&ggt=|&ccp={}

We can convert 40% on tree to lightning/cold and 35%+ to cold with Hatred watchers eye.

With KB of Clustering Hatred is used instead of Wrath. We get both shock and freeze.

Numbers seem ok-ish. I am seeing 12m dps per projectile and 12m for each explosion without GMP.

If I could find way to reserve mana that would be nice. Cannot share a PoB since I have altered some lua files to get the gem in.

That being said...even with doing all that conversion. Just switching back to default Power Siphon is more damage and with the 3.23 change to Power Siphon the clear of the skill is not bad at all. 8 totems firing at 9 targets.

Elemental Hit of Spectrum is on my radar though. It is missing the Prismatic tag! You can use it without any of those jewels.
Sadly we cannot use Trinity with totems. Maybe Guardian with wisps is an angle?
Last edited by zorker on Mar 28, 2024, 2:23:25 PM
I am nearing my finish line for the MoM Crit Power Siphon Totem Hierophant this league. Maybe missing some insane corruptions but that would be it then.

I decided to go with the tanky but less damage route this league.
Leveled the build with Armagedon Brand to 65 and then switched to Power Siphon.

PoB for 100: https://pobb.in/WSc8QnCDrjvT

- 50% shock (mana shock mastery)
- 17% chill (cold mastery, need a bit of cold damage to attacks somewhere)
- 69% phys to chaos/lightning (watchers eye, lightning coil)
- 90% fire to chaos/lightning (font of thunder, glorious vanity)
- 90% cold to chaos/lightning (font of thunder, glorious vanity)
- 30% life recoup
- 28% mana recoup
- 2100 mana regen
- 2100 life, 7200 mana
- 80% mom against lightning, 50% mom else
- 81% lightning res
- 80% chaos res

New technique this league is the life mastery. You count as full life when above 90% of maximum life.
That allows running level 1 clarity (Watchers Eye) and a low level Precision on Arrogance support while still being able to run Purity of Lightning on Eternal Blessing.

I am using Pierce instead of Crit Damage as a support this league too.

If you got any questions feel free to ask.

Pantheons are Brine King for Freeze and Abberath for Burning Ground.

How I crafted my wand this league.
"
bought ilvl 85 imbued wand base with fractured 38% crit (30c) (speed was way to expensive)
perfect fossil until >= 24 quality (!important now, no Hillock for quality)
bought 81 essence of zeal (2d, 33 left after craft)
hit mana and t1 accuracy (3 suffix [%as, %crit, accuracy], 1 prefix [mana])
crafted suffixes cannot be changed (2d)
slammed veiled orb for 50/50 to keep mana and add a veiled mod (farming Betrayal atm)
got lucky. mana survived.
crafted %phys to block
unveiled ele pen
crafted %spell damage as extra chaos (1ex)
bought 5000+ yellow juice (1d)
crafted enchant 1% attack speed per 8% quality with harvest(5000 yellow)
Last edited by zorker on Apr 12, 2024, 3:55:07 AM
hey, first of all thanks for so many leagues! Quick question, how do you craft those rings? Any tips?
"
Hazial wrote:
hey, first of all thanks for so many leagues! Quick question, how do you craft those rings? Any tips?

I bought one of them for 1c and the other one for 130. You can probably craft them with the graveyard. They need to fit your gear set though.
"
zorker wrote:
I am nearing my finish line for the MoM Crit Power Siphon Totem Hierophant this league. Maybe missing some insane corruptions but that would be it then.

Please forgive my ignorance since I'm a complete casual, but how do you deal with The Agnostic? I just bought the boots as I am leveling and you can imagine my surprise when I turned on the Arrogant linked Clarity/Precision :D

(Not that I need them yet since I don't have a Watcher's Eye)

Does it being changed in the tree thanks to the Glorious Vanity alter the Agnostic we get from the boots or is it something else?

Edit: I'm also trying to pinpoint the sorcery that makes you have 2.1k mana regen as I'm still at a miserly 207 myself, though, of course, only half leveled and without most of the gear, but to know what to aim for first.
Last edited by CedricDur on Apr 14, 2024, 10:12:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info