Gman's 3.21 Chieftain Strength Stacker Consec Path / Volcanic Fissure Totems [80 Mil+ Pinnacle DPS]

"
gmandonnan wrote:
"
GooNSauce669 wrote:
I've League started with this build and really enjoying it! The damage is excellent but I feel squishy. Is there any kind of defensive options that would work close in the tree until I can get gear? Or something I'm missing in my build so far??

Cheers and thanks!!

You just have almost no life on any of your gear, crafting it on with the crafting bench or getting new gear is your best options since you have a huge amount of room to grow with items right now (astramentis next most likely).

Ok thanks! I'll get grinding, unfortunately console prices are out of control
Hey! I have the build setup at level 79 and I am about to go into cluster jewels. I have really been enjoying it so far. The one thing holding me back from wanting to play it more though is the mana management. I really do not like having to incorporate mana flasks in my build, even if it's the "endless" mod. Just feels a bit clunky to me personally. Are there any ways to improve this or does it get better later on? Thanks!

https://pastebin.com/Wt2wqFmc
I just dropped one of the insane sanctified relics that gives me "your fire damage can shock", this should pretty insane for this build i'd imagine but obviously i need to swap out elemental focus, what would be the second best support? Increased critical damage?
Or should i keep the gem and rely on the combustion setup to do the shock on single target? Will the magnitude even be significant only with the protector applying shock?
Also, anyone got an idea on how i could test this out in pob? Never really dabbled with shock, and im not sure how i could even make it calculate the shock from the fire damage.

Edit:
So i just tested out on a t16 map that 5linked consecrated path reached 41% shock on a map boss while ancestral protector got to 21% max, i guess i do need to swap out elemental focus but i'm not sure how combustion support will interact then. https://twitter.com/Localldentity/status/1599949315170242560 considering this post i suppose its a wasted link without elemental focus.
Last edited by loanel on Dec 25, 2022, 9:50:29 AM
"
loanel wrote:
I just dropped one of the insane sanctified relics that gives me "your fire damage can shock", this should pretty insane for this build i'd imagine but obviously i need to swap out elemental focus, what would be the second best support? Increased critical damage?
Or should i keep the gem and rely on the combustion setup to do the shock on single target? Will the magnitude even be significant only with the protector applying shock?
Also, anyone got an idea on how i could test this out in pob? Never really dabbled with shock, and im not sure how i could even make it calculate the shock from the fire damage.

Edit:
So i just tested out on a t16 map that 5linked consecrated path reached 41% shock on a map boss while ancestral protector got to 21% max, i guess i do need to swap out elemental focus but i'm not sure how combustion support will interact then. https://twitter.com/Localldentity/status/1599949315170242560 considering this post i suppose its a wasted link without elemental focus.

Indeed the fire damage can shock modifier is very useful but it does invalidate combustion, you will really have to test it out vs uber / pinnacle bosses to get an accurate picture of the endgame damage difference with each thing. I would assume the next best link is indeed increased critical damage, especially because this would greatly help the shock values you generate.

There will be no real way to calculate the shock values you generate in PoB, you will simply have to set the shock percentage to be whatever you hit on whichever boss you are calculating the dmg versus.
egg
"
desluOs wrote:
Hey! I have the build setup at level 79 and I am about to go into cluster jewels. I have really been enjoying it so far. The one thing holding me back from wanting to play it more though is the mana management. I really do not like having to incorporate mana flasks in my build, even if it's the "endless" mod. Just feels a bit clunky to me personally. Are there any ways to improve this or does it get better later on? Thanks!

https://pastebin.com/Wt2wqFmc

some people use clarity supported by arrogance, trades off a small amount of tankiness for mana regen so you wont have as many issues any more.
egg
Thanks a lot for the build, I've been having a blast, and have managed to beat uber elder for the first time :)

Only concern I have is I seem to be pretty squishy, particularly against elemental damage. I'm at 78% all max res via the prismatic skin cluster and 5.7k life, and I still fall over to some ele damage. Any tips for making us a bit tankier? or is that just the reality of a totem build?

My pob: https://pastebin.com/AZGcEu92
"
maxdudemax wrote:
Thanks a lot for the build, I've been having a blast, and have managed to beat uber elder for the first time :)

Only concern I have is I seem to be pretty squishy, particularly against elemental damage. I'm at 78% all max res via the prismatic skin cluster and 5.7k life, and I still fall over to some ele damage. Any tips for making us a bit tankier? or is that just the reality of a totem build?

My pob: https://pastebin.com/AZGcEu92

Elemental damage is definitely one of the builds bigger weaknesses but there are some options you have.

I am not sure how useful the "totems taunt nearby enemies" mastery is but the mastery for 5% of dmg being taken from totem life before your own is essentially just 5% less dmg taken from all sources while you have a totem up, which is nice vs elemental dmg.

Additionally there is always the option to use forbidden flesh/flame jewels in order to gain extra stats to help mitigate elemental damage (since the forbidden flesh / flame jewels for undeniable are really expensive right now anyway). One good example is the juggernauts unbreakable node, which makes 8% of armour apply to elemental dmg, so if you get this notable and put a little bit of extra investment into armour your elemental dmg reduction will be way higher.
Though there are a bunch of options you can use for these purposes.

Other than this simply getting more life from gear or jewels is normally the best option, more life is less likely you are going to die.
egg
I was wondering what the expected starting cost for this build would be in a league. I am tempted to change my current build into this as I love consecrated path but I am worried to get decent dps might be expensive
"
Qyllgeth wrote:
I was wondering what the expected starting cost for this build would be in a league. I am tempted to change my current build into this as I love consecrated path but I am worried to get decent dps might be expensive

Its really hard to quantify what the starting cost is because many people actually league started using this build and as such they started with 0 investment. I would personally recommend starting with crown of eyes, BLS, a 5link iron fortress, alberons warpath, astramentis and a bunch of rares.

The exact cost of this I am unsure of but it is not particularly high to begin with from what i'd guess.
egg
I rerolled a character into this build as I love the idea and I was wondering why run Ruthless instead of pulverize as the dps seems pretty similar but pulverize gives massive amounts of AOE. (Also I would say 10-15 divs seems to be a good amount to get this build going from what I just spent hours buying)

I am also having troubles with my totems dying a lot even wit ha level 21 earthbreaker totem I was hoping you would be able to help me make my totems tankier https://pastebin.com/PZvJhMVS (I still need to go to lab to change to chieftan just haven't done that yet)
Last edited by Qyllgeth on Dec 28, 2022, 1:47:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info