[April 12] Initial Development Manifesto Feedback

"
Dashtun wrote:
no trading system mentioned and nothing about bad crafting system,kinda dissapointing

Trading improvements needed , cant seem to sell anything , that causes the game to feel unrewarding, or maybe its just that most stuff rapidly gets worthless
I'm sad to hear about the 1000 point limit for races, as it means you most likely won't be splitting the solo/party race ladder into individual ladders.
Balancing prize structure around the assumption that people will want to play both solo and party (or even be able to) is a little disheartening. I could be wrong though and you will indeed split them and revamp the point awards per race to compensate.

Other than that everything seems to be heading in an exciting and promising direction.

It's likely been mentioned, but some sort of race/pvp tournaments in the future would be great, a la ironman events people did in Diablo 2 (start at level 1, level to 9, come back to blood moor and systematically duke it out until there is one man standing).
A race/pvp event like that in PoE, where after a certain time limit people start being matched randomly until there is one person left would be really fun!
Last edited by boof on Apr 13, 2013, 7:57:38 PM
"
TadaceAce wrote:
All of that was awesome. Even though I've essentially beaten the game in my eyes I am pretty loyal just to watch the game development.

A few hot topics that should probably have a manifesto:

1. The RNG in crafting
2. The death penalty
3. Trading

I would like to hear Chris's thoughts on these topics.

would love to hear about trading and if we will ever have auction house ..
Haven't read through the thread, so not sure if this has been asked, and I'm sure I could easily find this out, but what protocols does POE use, TCP, UDP, or a mix of both?

If the game doesn't already, split the code to use 2 different protocols, use TCP for stuff like chat, transactions, stuff dealing with loot. Physics and general gameplay to use UDP.

You could also add code to certain skills (the desync skills) in order to "manually" re-sync. Such as resync when Whirling Blades is used 5 times. Zoning as well should force the server and client to sync up. Not sure if it does or not.. couple of times when I've zoned in and it was out of sync.
HI GGG here is my feedback on what i think would smooth out a lot for melee

cancel attacks and skills
make it possible to use skills while moving at a reduced movement speed or something but not the locked in place type a deal

make cyclone a channeled skill perhaps? so you can micro manage where you go

melee is fast paced and intense but the mayor difference there is when it comes to optimum position it changes within half a second and one needs to be able to respond to that

a ranged character's optimum position does not change this fast so they can calmly finish their move walk/kite happily away.
Thoughts about effect-on-critical: A guaranteed stun's value is inversely proportionate to the player's success in building for stun probability. I would suggest that if you do something like that, you give it a fallback; e.g., roll for stun anyway, if you get a stun result and would have done a guaranteed stun, convert it into a bonus to stun probability on a future attack, or extra damage, or something else.

Glad to see you thinking about these things!
Learn to play, noob! <http://www.l2pnoob.org>

(Yes, that seebs.)
If they add an auction house i will quit. Period. Then they have to work thier way around AH like diablo 3 have. Making it all about traded stuff and not one single found item.

The ones that usaly whines about the trade is usaly new players with litle or no map exp at all.
Sure the RNG is a bit out of place since OB i can give you that. But bringing in a AH and destroy the rng in dropps and crafting to the max? No thanks.

If you want AH go diablo 3.
When a banker jumps out of a window, jump after him, that's where the money is.
If you compare the shop indexer to a AH you cant be smart. Did GGG make that?
No. Is the loot build around that site? No.

Seems like some people cant think for themself.
When a banker jumps out of a window, jump after him, that's where the money is.
Last edited by Xpire on Apr 13, 2013, 10:02:00 PM
he only feedback about the discrepancy between party and solo play is map difficulty. Some maps are absolutely absurd alone. For example, piety in the 71 temple map is far more difficult than higher lvl map bosses.
"
Xpire wrote:
If you compare the shop indexer to a AH you cant be smart. Did GGG make that?
No. Is the loot build around that site? No.

Seems like some people cant think for themself.

We don't need an Auction house, but we do need a trading house. the existing methods of forum search and trade chat are woefully inadequate.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info