[April 12] Initial Development Manifesto Feedback

"
runnin17 wrote:
So very suspect that we can no longer access the development manifesto. Anyone else think that this is a major oversight? Is it gone since the game is released and GGG says, haha no more love for the players anymore. Give me your moniez for shiny new "effects".

I would really appreciate at least one dev to comment on where the development manifesto ran off to or why they have denied normal users from even viewing it.

It has a line in it which says something like... "Our core gaol is to make solo and party equally viable".

1.0 showed direct and deliberate reversal of that core gaol.

Do they edit out that line?
Do they come out and say directly they changed gaols, or that it was a little bit of untruth?
Or do they just magically make it go away?
Casually casual.

"
MorriganGrey wrote:
Somehow Blizzard is handling sync issues a little better than GGG. I don't think I've noticed any rubber-banding in Diablo III and it's only noticeable in WoW under extremely high ping situations (>600ms) when client-server communication really breaks down. There are occasional lag spikes, but since actions are queued client-side they're not usually an issue until they get long. Is there anything Blizzard is doing in their gaming engine that could be useful to GGG?

Blizzard's Diablo 3 doesn't suffer the same issues because they don't use numerous features that GGG are using. For example:

1) You can't be stunned and neither can enemies (Stuff can be frozen though).
2) You can't "miss" and neither can an enemy.
3) Attacks/spells always connect, you can still evade/dodge them but this is a random chance calculation and not determined by physically side stepping/avoiding the attack. You can not side step attacks/projectiles essentially.
4) Lower maximum move speed.
5) Lower maximum attack speed.

Those 5 differences are the biggest reason why their game desyncs much less and why it is easier for them to implement a great prediction engine.

I still recall the early days where using that Demon Hunter ability "Vault" rapidly would warp you to where you wanted to go then immediately warp you back to where you were roughly because "reasons", I think they eventually solved that though. There's also the issue of being permanently in a frozen state on your client when you have high latency (200ms) against the revised Izalith fight as well (Yay for aussies, NOT).

Blizzard also has a ton of experience with network infrastructure (Warcraft 2 BNE, Warcraft III, Starcraft, Diablo II, WoW, Starcraft II etc.) unlike GGG.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Feb 17, 2014, 8:02:38 AM
hi Path of exile >>>>> what happen in my account everytime i enter in lab. dungeon (run map)automatically disconnect i can't do leveling my character this happen almost 4 days already... my net connection is perfect... pls... help me dude.....
Could someone plese reupload the Manifesto or just unpin this topic please?
inti of the blood moon.ambush normal. in corrupted area in the garden. is to hard or programmed wrong. im lvl 55 doing 4k and in merci and cant touch him. thinking its either me but, i dont think so bc its me and another whose at 54. just want to let anyone know to look at this guy hes to powerful i couldnt touch him with my 40 chr so went to get my higher lvl chr and got raped and now its disconnecting me when i try to go in there. I had another friend at 65 try but then his game started crashing when he would go in. just putting out my info on this
rawrawr
"You don't have permission to access this area."

When I click the link in the OP that is what I see. Why?
Last edited by TheBitterness on Apr 13, 2014, 2:21:52 AM
Ok, I think this thread is broken. I was not quoting text below, it just shows up. Also, Dev Manifesto is gated now, also? Just curious.

"
Rastand wrote:
I am new but i read that physical damage nodes are not being taken and melee is lacking damage mitigation.

Ok so a keystone is out of the question so why not add to melee weapon specific nodes a 1-2% damage mitigation from all sources? will bow user go out of there way for a 2% mitigation in the back of a weapon node cluster? I would not think so.

An example is Cleaving ( ax ) 15% damage with axes AND 2% damage mitigation from any source or Razor's edge 12% damage to swords 20% accuracy rating AND 2% damage mitigation from any source.

both are 3 nodes back and you could easily place these through out the passive tree.

what do you think?
Suggestion: Please add manifestos for orbs, crafting, and Unique/good rare/linked drop rates. Those are also big topics of interest these days. I personally would like to know more about GGG's philosophy regarding finding/creating good gear vs. having to trade for good gear.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info