[April 12] Initial Development Manifesto Feedback

Chris -

When you have a moment, could you share GGG's feelings towards a solo/no party league? I have read many requests for it (I'd like one myself) but didn't know if it was feasible or something you thought would be desirable.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
Will you be addressing the Q&A thread? Or will you expect to answer most of the concerns via manifesto?
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
There is a lot of good feedback already in this thread. I'm very keen to mine it tomorrow and will update the manifesto accordingly. For now I'll avoid getting into specific discussions of upcoming balance stuff because it's 2am.

Moosifer: I agree about active vs passive defenses. I'd expect a combination of both being improved.

"
anubite wrote:
Will you be addressing the Q&A thread? Or will you expect to answer most of the concerns via manifesto?

I will post answers to many of the Q&A questions. I realised while writing the answers that a lot of them can be far better answered by long-form manifesto-style responses, which is how this came to be.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
The only thing I found questionable was claiming the loot drop situation is fine for solo players. It is not. It's actually horrible, with very few currency and uniques dropping, especially compared to party play.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
Chris wrote:
Moosifer: I agree about active vs passive defenses. I'd expect a combination of both being improved.

We need to chat more often. I miss explaining to you what quests you have to do next. >.> <.< noob
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
With regards to critical effect for physical damage I'm thinking along the lines of armour "piercing" as in a critical hit reduce target's armour by x% for y duration. And similar to elemental effect, the duration is determined by how big the hit is and maybe let the effect also stacks like how shock is.
from what i understood on the issue of ele vs phys damage, was that ele did more damage even before the added effects because of the way armor works.
If you were to rework armor to sort out the deficiencies between the 2 types and still wanted to give pure phys an added effect i would have went for a stacking armor debuff with some options in the passive tree.

damn beaten to it

"
XventiA wrote:
With regards to critical effect for physical damage I'm thinking along the lines of armour "piercing" as in a critical hit reduce target's armour by x% for y duration. And similar to elemental effect, the duration is determined by how big the hit is and maybe let the effect also stacks like how shock is.

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Apr 12, 2013, 10:04:37 AM
This one just made to the bibliography of my thesis -it's precisely about synchronizing online multiplayer games :P

I think any kind of entropy or threshold based calculations could benefit of knowing the lag the player has. I mean, the point of firing a sync shouldn't probably be the same for someone having 50ms average ping than someone having 250. That is, with a dynamic "sync barrier" you can give room to the 250 dudes -so the game doesn't feel choppy for them- while not having to wait a lot for the <50 ones.

By the way that would involve the server tracking/calculating and saving last known pings for every player...
Indie games reviews http://www.BitMaiden.com
Will you plan to adress in one form or another SOLO drop rates and drop rates without stacking IIQ/IIR and currency drop rates.

Currently:

- boss act can drop 5 blues and whites if you dont have IIQ/IIR
- you have lov lvl uniques in game and lowlvl build enablers ingame but drop rate is so low that only one viable way to auire them is trade.
- large chests are massive dissapoitment with 5 white items and scroll of wisdom
- currency drops are horrible low and i dont have Exalted in mind - you can run couple areas with nothing higher than chromatic drops. Farming currency is virtually impossible unless youll farm Alterations and its just like D3 gold farm.
- many vendor recipes was nerfed and you basically cut any SANE way to aquire currency fron vendors. They are just trash dumpsters now. Any plans to change that? vendors recipes overhaul maybe? They rly suxx. Also why there is no way to aquiore high orbs via shards? Why?
- IIQ/IIR is very impactful.. basically REQUIRED if you want have fun with item hunt.
- the sockets system is too restrictive in mid game (3-4links items)... you may find upgrade and trash it/not use because sockets links/colors abd you can put 50 fusings and chroms and still you cant upgrade. Its ok on higher levels but not in mid 40 -50.

Basically - game is not rewarding solo at all without stacking MF and item progression is screwed mid-game (imho) also vendors 'horadric' system is boring and it potential is not used even in 1%.

Will this be adressed?

Also im concerned that in party thread you agree that parties have easier life but you say nothing about buffing solo play and rewards (or maybe im blind) only about nerfing party - this will not help solo players at all. I dont know whats your definition of 'fun' but current drop rates are not fun at all for solo, not MF char. Its white item fest and 'currency? what currency?" fest. My definiition of fun in HnS i FINDING the items - not being forced to trade and wasting time in RNG 'crafting' (i dont mention that you CANT craft because you dont have currency because curerency is not dropping). PoE fails to deliver that. You have lowest drop rates from all HNS games ever created (for solo player) and in your game (atm) tradfing is as mandatory like in D3 - even when leveling.

Will this be adressed? Or you are happy with this state? It most important question for me becasue its essence of HnS games and POE seems to misplace it somewhere.
Last edited by KarraKurri on Apr 12, 2013, 10:14:01 AM
"
Physical damage (closely associated with melee characters) is currently seen as inferior to elemental damage. One of the factors contributing to this is that it has no "on-critical" effect like the elemental damage types do.

The physical-elemental disparity will be addressed. There will probably be an on-critical effect introduced for physical damage (which may be as simple as a guaranteed stun, but the options are still being considered).

Bleeding on crit!
Like "The blood reaper" unique axe do on hit. :D
ign: Bikvin

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info