[April 12] Initial Development Manifesto Feedback

This evening we posted the first articles in the new Development Manifesto.

Please use this thread for feedback about topics we've discussed in the initial Development Manifesto posts made today. I'm keeping feedback in this forum rather than that one because we're going to update the manifesto over a long period of time and the first few pages of comments will lose their relevance once we have updated the manifesto or deployed the changes it describes.

Note that there are plenty more topics coming to that forum - the ones posted today are just a small initial set to let you know what we're considering and to promote some discussion!

Modedit: Stickied!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Qarl on May 1, 2014, 10:17:16 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
FIreskull wrote:
Will one of the new topics in Development Manifesto contain info about cutthroat league?
(Btw the 7 new Cutthroat races are something I think people are very happy for. GJ. Very happy to see some focus on this.)

And +1 Wittgenstein. Nice forum.

I expect that based on the feedback of the set of cut-throat events we're running in a few days, we will probably discuss our long term plans for the league in the manifesto. There are some other more urgent topics I'd like to write about first. Enjoy the leagues!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
There is a lot of good feedback already in this thread. I'm very keen to mine it tomorrow and will update the manifesto accordingly. For now I'll avoid getting into specific discussions of upcoming balance stuff because it's 2am.

Moosifer: I agree about active vs passive defenses. I'd expect a combination of both being improved.

"
anubite wrote:
Will you be addressing the Q&A thread? Or will you expect to answer most of the concerns via manifesto?

I will post answers to many of the Q&A questions. I realised while writing the answers that a lot of them can be far better answered by long-form manifesto-style responses, which is how this came to be.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info