[April 12] Initial Development Manifesto Feedback

"

Grappling Hook: A rare mob can have the ability to fire out a grappling hook towards the player that would pull the player towards to mob & their minions.

+1
Ha! I love this - maybe it could result in a Tug-of-War where characters with high Strength are better at resisting the pull (I'm assuming that ranged chars tend to de-prioritize Strength, so they would get pulled more easily..?)
Hi

Glad to read that GGG is steadily working on fixing this sync issue because dying off screen from nothing is really lame, although I would love to see it be more of a priority...whats the point of playing or buying micro transactions if game is unplayable?

Just curious though if it was a good idea to put all the thread manifestos on one, what if someone has a specific issue about a particular part of the manifesto?, seems to be getting lost in the 38 page jumble...

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
"
Wooser69 wrote:
"
tsmonteiro wrote:
Hum... I always thought the puncture effect suits on-critical melee fine, maybe not as is, but a lesser ammount per second. At least seems to me that it goes on the same lines of the other effects

That seems a little lame considering it'd basically be the same as burning.

Yeah, you have a good point. An alternative would be to inflict -acc or -dmg.
Very informative - thanks Chris! Any updates on the upcoming improvements to trading?
"
As a long-term change, we will be making sure that many monsters have the ability to deal area of effect damage so that they're more challenging to parties and summoners.

Hah, you have to be kidding me, theres plenty i would like to comment on but this in particular kinda me go "WHhhaa?" --- theres already so many situations where when playin a summoner my entire army, all zombies/skellies/spectres go "POP" damn near instantly.... theres actually ALOT of situations like that and then im gimped to about 50% effeciency without good spectres the rest the way and if that same "situation" keeps doin what its doin i can never put the army back together or atleast they wipe so quick they do nothing and then im nurfed to oblivion.... with a measly spell that wont do much of anything and defences that arent nearly as rich as most builds...

i highly agree with the other responce of adding mechanics like having the boss split into multiples with shielding and maby use skills like frost wall ect, we dont exactly need one shot death to armies but a little CC wouldnt be to terrible... it would be nice if you took a summoners pets outa commision for a short time instead of dumped them completely when you wanted to up the difficulty for a molment, most summoner generally only have single fairly weak spell to rely on after the army is kaput... (and by weak i mean not enhanced with passives/gear/supports(partly due to lack of access to str/dex nodes) -- yes all of it can be combated with amazing gear, but thats another story in itself - been playing sense first day of OB and still have nearly "0" currency or items worth a crap, 1 good unique and thats bones of ullr..... i dont think my full worth adds up to an exalted yet and ive played quite a bit

It seems to me that you're all very intelligent people, so I really probably don't have to mention this, but just make sure that if you ARE changing increased quantity in part to increased quality to do so multiplicatively with the current quality since that's how quantity and quality naturally scale with eachother. Otherwise this would come as a nerf to multiplayer.

As a thought for melee characters, and physical damage combined, perhaps melee damage could leach a higher life % of your max per second? This would help both survival and make physical damage more important. Or perhaps instantly leach back an additional % of your ll (capped at some % of your max health) on a crit on top of the ll per second you'd normally gain? Since the current issues are survivability of melee and the usefulness of physical damage, life leech looks like a great option to solve these as it's a physical damage dependent survival mod. Of course, you don't want to have to force people to use mostly physical damage on their melee characters either.
Last edited by teebird on Apr 13, 2013, 3:42:21 PM
cant wait for more survivability gems, immortal call is too much fun!
i will love that pvp
Selling: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/314086
HC IGN: LABestSniper or FPDickstroy
SC IGN: Dickstroyers or Shinkakku
"
teebird wrote:
It seems to me that you're all very intelligent people, so I really probably don't have to mention this, but just make sure that if you ARE changing increased quantity in part to increased quality to do so multiplicatively with the current quality since that's how quantity and quality naturally scale with eachother. Otherwise this would come as a nerf to multiplayer.

As a thought for melee characters, and physical damage combined, perhaps melee damage could leach a higher life % of your max per second? This would help both survival and make physical damage more important. Or perhaps instantly leach back an additional % of your ll (capped at some % of your max health) on a crit on top of the ll per second you'd normally gain? Since the current issues are survivability of melee and the usefulness of physical damage, life leech looks like a great option to solve these as it's a physical damage dependent survival mod. Of course, you don't want to have to force people to use mostly physical damage on their melee characters either.

ive heard alot of people request such things, why dont you just get the keystone? or does it maby need to be moved to a more central location?
As far as desync goes, all ARPGs may do the prediction as you state, but for all it's other design flaws, Diablo 3 managed to resolve desync without any visible effects 99.999% of the time. Claiming working well in 99% of the cases means jack when there are 200 interactions/second. Generally playing solo, I cannot play for more than about 2 minutes without seeing BIG desync effects- such as firing at an enemy for several seconds before it turns out the enemy wasn't there at all. And that's playing solo. And it only gets worse playing with a party. And- my hat is off to anyone who actually plays a melee, because it's absolutely devastating for melee characters. I played several characters in Diablo 3, and I would once in a few days see serious spikes of rubber banding due to major server latency spikes, but normal day to day play never let us see a HINT of desync. A decade before, Diablo II did it as well. My friends who've played torchlight 2 report it suffers no such effects for online play. I don't know what you're doing differently, but your claim that this is darn near impossible to solve cannot be true- it has been visibly solved in other games which have been here before you.

I'm giving up on PoE unless you *really* fix desync. You claim you want a challenging game, and in higher level play, a single death will wipe out hours or even days of effort, yet desync singlehandedly ensures that you must play very low-risk and/or be substantially overgeared if you want to make levelling progress. Your skill as a player is < desync.

I hope you figure out what needs to be done to fix it, as otherwise I really like the game. With desync the way it is, the frustration factor outweighs the fun. I don't want to be angry when I die because the client lied to me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info