Regarding 6/5 Linked Items- Please Nerf!

The OP also did not specifically say he MADE the 6Ls, He probably got lucky with one and then traded for the other or something.. Maybe he was just lucky in that aspect.

Personally i spent over 300 fusings and made three 5L armors. Thats about the extent of what I was able to accomplish.
IGN: KwayZeeWitch
Ive played this game a lot and I never saw a 5 or 6 linked item dropped by me.

And the ones I saw people linking, were few and far between.

I mostly heard of "someones 6 linked item".

So one or the other:
Or Im unlucky and it "suddenly" became too easy to acquire these.
Or the OP got lucky to see those more than us, while these items existance still remains rare.
"It feels like holding my breath under water constantly." Me about the limited "life expectancy" of the inventory space on Path of Exile and frequent needs to go to town to unload.
As far as I know, this was not changed by us in some time... I'll look into it more this week.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
As far as I know, this was not changed by us in some time... I'll look into it more this week.

I am not saying that it was increased. With the influx of new players at the rate we are getting them, it is becoming more apparent that the rate they drop or are created needs to be lower. If you have any data on how many there were in .9.8 I would look at that. I am basing my opinion on the .9.8 patch where there were a significant amount of them. With the fusing recipe it did make it easier to craft them, so in that regard I suppose it did receive a buff if the overall odds didn't move.

It isn't so much that 5L needs a nerf, but a 6L definitely does.

@Interesting I am not purely basing this off of "I got 2 so it needs a nerf", I am saying that the amount of them throughout was too high last patch. There should have only been maybe 1-2 max in the server after only 1 month... It needs to remain a long term goal to get a 6L.

I bought 1 of my 6 Link chests, then found one towards the end.
Last edited by Worldbreaker on May 13, 2012, 9:54:34 AM
I made a 6 link armor with 7 fuses. Deal with it.
IGN: ScionHasTheNicestAss (SC)
not played much with .99 or late .98 - but what i can say is that you are more or less game over if you got your 6linked ones - so they should be really really rare.

I had (have in legacy) 3x 6linked ones that i all fused and i found tons of 5linked in the past (while nerding hard).
I have Voll´s, a Chaos plate and a Saintly Robe with 6 links out of patch .97 and i was more or less "game over" at that time as i got the desired dualfind+life stats on both chaos and saintly.

Sure you could need 2 - one for damage and one for finding of each basetype or rolling on the 2nd best until you can switch and start with the other one - but that´s just all and should take a huge amount of time.

cya Deathtiny
level fast, die young and leave a nice looking corpse!
Tinyshideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3260135
6L really needs to be insanely rare as it is the very best you can get in this game. The game is design around loot grinding, when the loot is too easy to get you run out of reasons to keep building a character. For comparison it should be like self finding legit runes for an Enigma a feat most people will never manage to do as it gives them a reason to keep on grinding.
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
how about this: best drop should be 4 soc and if you wanna more you need use orbs.

what you think?
"
Myrmi wrote:
how about this: best drop should be 4 soc and if you wanna more you need use orbs.

what you think?

I think it is a very good idea... If...

Orbs are a lot more reliable than now. Not saying: Raise the chance of hitting a 5 or 6 socket item or 4 or 5 link item (make it harder to get for all I care!), but reduce the chance of getting the 1-socket and 2-socket conversely 0-link and 1-link items from use.
I appear to be living in "Romance Standard Time". That has to be good! :)
While we are at it, make a single boss drop it with a 0.0000000000001% chance to drop a 6L item that only respawns every 72 hours, herp derp

/sarcasm.... or is it?

My point is not everything should be uber rare and hard to get, not everyone has +8 hours to play everyday. Sigh why do everyone always want to make everything harder.
Closed Beta Member.
Last edited by ogorhan on May 13, 2012, 5:08:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info