Regarding 6/5 Linked Items- Please Nerf!

Is the OP talking about default or hardcore league?

If default, who cares?

English is my third language, there will be bugs.
Please do not follow OPs advice and nerf 6L.

I've been on page 1 of the ladder on several patches, have killed countless HORDES of monsters...ive used at least 500+ fusing orbs...and have yet to get a 6L.

Heck, ive only got like 2-3 5L even.
This jibber-jabber about "there were so many 6L last patch" is complete rubbish. Not only did i not have one, but i play nearly every day and saw maybe 2 or 3 people at the most selling one, and for exorbitant prices i might add.

-1 to this nerf suggestion.
"
ogorhan wrote:
While we are at it, make a single boss drop it with a 0.0000000000001% chance to drop a 6L item that only respawns every 72 hours, herp derp

/sarcasm.... or is it?

My point is not everything should be uber rare and hard to get, not everyone has +8 hours to play everyday. Sigh why do everyone always want to make everything harder.
Because people with more time to play want a reason to play, if I've completely gear capped in 2weeks cause my work allows me to have a ton of free time to play this game what is there to keep me playing?
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
Last edited by NotSorry on May 13, 2012, 9:03:40 PM
I see no problem with the system now, a gem linked to 5 other support gems would have an INSANE amount of mana cost.
Diviner's Strongbox: An Exile's CCG
6L are quite rare, but achieveable with lots of work.

5L are fairly 'common' and I like it that way.

There is a huge difference between crafting the 'perfect' rare, and crafting a 5l/6l.

The power difference between a 'perfect' rare and a good rare is not large.

The power difference for having one more link is ENORMOUS.

To make higher links something only the ultrarich or the ultra lucky have is a huge skew in character power that I am totally against. If you put in a good amount of work, you may not have perfect rares, but at least you'll have your 6l and have a decent character.

I'm totally against rich people having characters that are a full 50% or more better than the rest of the populace. Perfect rares will give you a 10-20% performance edge and that's the way it should be, IMO.
Last edited by aimlessgun on May 13, 2012, 10:08:14 PM
In that case aimless, then perfect rares are just not nearly rare enough. There is just too few mods to make for truly epic rares. Was going through the old d2 trophy rooms looking at the closest to perfects people have gotten over the years and it's really got that wow factor, millions of people over 12years and some of the best perfects have still never been found and some close to perfects that went for $1000-$3000. The mods in PoE just feel to few and to limited to really make that perfect rare something truly amazing that it should be.
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
Last edited by NotSorry on May 13, 2012, 10:38:37 PM
"
NotSorry wrote:
In that case aimless, then perfect rares are just not nearly rare enough. There is just too few mods to make for truly epic rares. Was going through the old d2 trophy rooms looking at the closest to perfects people have gotten over the years and it's really got that wow factor, millions of people over 12years and some of the best perfects have still never been found and some close to perfects that went for $1000-$3000. The mods in PoE just feel to few and to limited to really make that perfect rare something truly amazing that it should be.

I dont follow this logic.
Most of the items on the d2 trophy forum only have like 5 mods, whereas items can have 8 in poe...
"
NotSorry wrote:
Because people with more time to play want a reason to play, if I've completely gear capped in 2weeks cause my work allows me to have a ton of free time to play this game what is there to keep me playing?

Well they should design the game to be fun so you'd continue to play even if you managed to luck your way into a 6L. Are you suggesting that someone that hits jackpot on RNG should stop playing once they get a 6L? Drops are now a game of Russian roulette lol

If all you want to do is grind, go play Maple Story or something.
Last edited by eeks on May 14, 2012, 7:05:34 AM
The core gameplay should be fun enough that you continue to play for the fun of it.

I find when I start to get to the 'upgrades in my character is minor incremental via farming' point, I get bored and roll a new character.

The game will also have various leagues of both short and long-term that you can compete in for items/etc.

although I do think that it should take quite a bit of time to get 'the best items' possible. But getting items to be viable/playable? that shouldn't be too hard.

5L/6L can and should remain rare, the 'perfect' item should be very rare. If a class/build 'needs' a 6L-perfect-rare item to be viable (outside of optional end-game content) - then something is either messed with balance, or the players build, or both.
Most of you are missing the point. You don't need a 6 link or 5 link for that matter to clear Chaos. I don't know what end game is planned but odds are you won't need them either. When I got my 6L last patch I was able to sell off fusings and jewlers to roll semi-godly gear, you are able to roll gear twice as fast as someone trying to link one. I play maybe 3 hours a day, the casual argument is BS. People seem to have it in their minds that everyone should have a 6L chest, and yes in closed beta I can see that for testing balance, but in open, hell no!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info