Regarding 6/5 Linked Items- Please Nerf!

"
eeks wrote:
"
NotSorry wrote:
Because people with more time to play want a reason to play, if I've completely gear capped in 2weeks cause my work allows me to have a ton of free time to play this game what is there to keep me playing?

If all you want to do is grind, go play Maple Story or something.

What? This must be your first ARPG. They are based on gear...
I would like to see chest pieces get an 8 slot cap with a max of 2 sets of 4 linked slots. I think this would encourage a broader use of abilities and would allow players to keep the majority of skills on par with one another instead of juicing up only a few skills.
"
Fuuljo wrote:
I would like to see chest pieces get an 8 slot cap with a max of 2 sets of 4 linked slots. I think this would encourage a broader use of abilities and would allow players to keep the majority of skills on par with one another instead of juicing up only a few skills.

I think this could be solved by adding sockets to belts.
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
"
eeks wrote:
"
NotSorry wrote:
Because people with more time to play want a reason to play, if I've completely gear capped in 2weeks cause my work allows me to have a ton of free time to play this game what is there to keep me playing?

If all you want to do is grind, go play Maple Story or something.

What? This must be your first ARPG. They are based on gear...

So the game is just a test of determination for you? You just want to see if you can commit enough time to the game to get the best gear possible then stop playing?

Sorry but I don't agree. The game should be fun enough where it doesn't matter if you get the best gear statistically possible and even if you manage to luck out and get that gear, the game should still be fun enough to continue playing. Implying that getting a 6L item means you'd stop playing is simply absurd.
Last edited by eeks on May 14, 2012, 8:41:22 PM
"
eeks wrote:

So the game is just a test of determination for you? You just want to see if you can commit enough time to the game to get the best gear possible then stop playing?

Sorry but I don't agree. The game should be fun enough where it doesn't matter if you get the best gear statistically possible and even if you manage to luck out and get that gear, the game should still be fun enough to continue playing. Implying that getting a 6L item means you'd stop playing is simply absurd.

There is a ton of other stuff that would need to be rolled even after obtaining that 6L. Beating down monsters using the same skills over and over, or creating a new character to do the same thing gets boring, period.

On topic; a 6L is godly on its own and since no godly gear exists or has existed since at least .9.3, it should be nerfed.
"
Fuuljo wrote:

I think this is a great suggestion. Take out 6L altogether and just make it uber hard to make an 8 socketed 2x 4L.

Also release the information of the "Perfect Rare". For example, 300% was the most ED you could get in D2, that is what everyone wanted. If you found a Windforce and it 150% don't get me wrong you were happy, but sad at the same time because you know that 300% has got to be out there somewhere. You wanna be the best and be uber elite to obtain, you gotta grind that time.

Not only that but it would make the Mirror worthwhile then.
IGN: KwayZeeWitch
"
Fuuljo wrote:

What about 2-handed weapons? if you made them two sets of linked slots, like chests, then they would be underpowered compared to dual wielding or 1h+shield, because perfect sockets would be harder to obtain. Already, the fact that 2-handed weapons can be 6-links is balanced by the fact that they have inherently lower defense than a sword and shield. Defense isn't easily obtainable from gems, and it is necessary for the Maelstrom.
Last edited by Silty on May 15, 2012, 2:24:11 AM
"
visiON123 wrote:
I made a 6 link armor with 7 fuses. Deal with it.

Shoulda bought a lottery ticket, instead. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
NotSorry wrote:

I lolololed

#1 It's not GGG's problem you have so much free time.
#2 I'm jealous. I could be playing other games! At work!
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:
"
NotSorry wrote:

I lolololed

#1 It's not GGG's problem you have so much free time.
#2 I'm jealous. I could be playing other games! At work!

It is there problem when people max out too quickly and stop playing because of it.
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info