Fyregrass' Comprehensive Freezing Pulse Totems Guide - Act 1 to Maven 9 (Updated for 3.15)

"
For anyone who has played this, I'm wondering how often you have to swap gems for bosses. Do you do it for all or most map bosses? or just major ones? What about things like immortal syndicates in map? and those bosses that pop up in delirium encounters? Do you portal out, swap gem, or is FP good enough?

Thanks! - just wondering if I'm going to be constantly swapping gems if I use this.
Fyregrass said you do a big gem swap for big encounters like Sirus and maven. For map bosses it’s easy enough to switch to ice spear while moving if you have walk bound to space bar or any button besides left click.
Made this leveling pdf/slideshow for anyone that wants an alternative version to look at while leveling this build. Feel free to tell me if I missed something:)

This was all taken from Fyregrass guide.

Has:
-Gem links for each act
-What gems get available at each act/level
-Picture of each act leveling path and imported object
-Skill tree
-Gems to buy for later
-Ascendancy order
-POB

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g_pXHkWoO7Ve8P1rx_AseekmCsf3meri/view?usp=sharing
Could this build be adapted to be used with Eye of Winter instead of Freezing Pulse/Ice Spear? I guess I could just swap it, try it, and if it feels bad just continue using FP/IS instead.
"
"
For anyone who has played this, I'm wondering how often you have to swap gems for bosses. Do you do it for all or most map bosses? or just major ones? What about things like immortal syndicates in map? and those bosses that pop up in delirium encounters? Do you portal out, swap gem, or is FP good enough?

Thanks! - just wondering if I'm going to be constantly swapping gems if I use this.
Fyregrass said you do a big gem swap for big encounters like Sirus and maven. For map bosses it’s easy enough to switch to ice spear while moving if you have walk bound to space bar or any button besides left click.

Switching even one gem for map boss or Metamorph can be irritating, but looks like FP will has enough damage to deal with them. The most important is not to die during the fight :D

"
Nordatheman wrote:
Made this leveling pdf/slideshow for anyone that wants an alternative version to look at while leveling this build. Feel free to tell me if I missed something:)

Has:
-Gem links for each act
-Skill tree
-Gems to buy for later
-Ascendancy order
-POB

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g_pXHkWoO7Ve8P1rx_AseekmCsf3meri/view?usp=sharing

Great summary, will follow your presentation during leveling. Thanks!
Last edited by mefistofx on Jul 23, 2021, 5:30:44 AM
"
Nordatheman wrote:

Has:
-Gem links for each act
-Skill tree
-Gems to buy for later
-Ascendancy order
-POB

-Updated it with quest reward or need to buy gem
-How to craft 2x OP leveling wand's in act2 (last until maps)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ym5XGzIroCAZhKebjkvSqR_hBTHd6MHJ/view?usp=sharing
"
solidamus wrote:
Could this build be adapted to be used with Eye of Winter instead of Freezing Pulse/Ice Spear? I guess I could just swap it, try it, and if it feels bad just continue using FP/IS instead.

This is what I am thinking as well.
"
Ramister_ wrote:
why not use frost bomb totems instead wave of conviction?

Cooldown. Since it’s also our means of culling strike, we get to trigger culling strike instantly and not once every few seconds.
"
MikeyTwoGuns wrote:
Is the guide on page 1 updated and ready to go for tomorrow?

I'm asking because the gem links section says not to use multi totem support in place of any of the damage support gems which seems odd considering how bad damage support gems got nerfed.

And is this build still going to be effective and will you be able to keep all totems up given how bad mana multipliers got affected?

Fully updated. Multiple totem support still isn’t worth it. I tested, I promise. Damage just isn’t there
Thx for the great guide.
"
MikeyTwoGuns wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked already, in the PoB what's the reason for anointing claws of pride on the amulet instead of sanctum of thought to save 4 skill points?

15% cast speed which we can keep active always

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info