Fyregrass' Comprehensive Freezing Pulse Totems Guide - Act 1 to Maven 9 (Updated for 3.15)

Hey Fyregrass, I played your stormbrand build and it was quite zoomy and fun. Wondering what's your plan with these totems. It will be your "main" build this league or you are going to play it for example for the first 2 weeks before you transit to something new?

I watched both of the videos about freezing pulse and everything looks really good for me as a player that never thinks to play with totems. The video with leveling guide is great and I think when the league starts you can record your leveling phase as it will give an interesting reflection on how to do it quickly :) Also I will connect my second monitor just to recreate your steps as leveling part is quite painful for me

I take into consideration this build and some traps but I think Tinkerskin and Slavedrivers will cost a little fortune this league :D
What about hypothermia support? Isn't it no longer viable?
Having a hard time understanding how this build can do Sirus 9 with less than 1 ex in budget.

Wallach is not going to play his freezing totem build and he will not update his forum guide. I think this build is dead if the best freezing pulse totem player is abandon it.
not sure if i'd go that far... I've played Fyregrass' builds in the past, and he's pretty damn thorough with his playtesting and theorycrafting.
Just wondering why you recommend GMP + Rain of splinters with Ice Spear, are you shotgunning bosses?

Also Multiple Totem support allows you to drop and go your totems much easier for mapping and for bossing, is the damage increase worth the trade off?
"
Uwajo wrote:
What about hypothermia support? Isn't it no longer viable?

For cold dot builds sure... same as bonechill. For totems it just lost 10% more multiplier which is sucky but not the end of the world.

@Fyregrass, since we're pretty easy going on sockets... what are your thoughts on the Arcanist Brand + Snipers Mark + Frost bomb + Spell Cascade setup used in some other FP totem builds? Gives us a counter to the maven bs, with easier snipers mark upkeep as a byproduct

(edit: I did notice the main post has arcanist brand (Staff) setup, but the links don't include AB like the others, and it isn't in the POB so not sure if that was out of date)

(edit2: I guess the increased duration offsets the upkeep requirement, and sharing it with the vaal's is kinda nice and might be worth the need to hardcast frost bomb on the rare occasion it is needed to counter healing, since we already have exposure)
Last edited by Juggggg on Jul 22, 2021, 12:56:43 AM
Is the POB currently updated to 3.15 tree?
May Innocence guide you, citizen of Oriath...
After I updated my PoB with the new gems and all the other changes we got a boost of dmg. It's now 3.6m dmg with Ice Spear, why?

Here is the link I used:
Day 1 Budget Totems:
https://pastebin.com/SXVha3u1
eHP: 5.8k
DPS: 2.7m with Ice Spear gem swap
Price: 40c (Day 1)

"
After I updated my PoB with the new gems and all the other changes we got a boost of dmg.

Hmmmmm ?

I did the same after applying the POB Community Fork update today and damage dipped from 2.8 million to 945k....... god damn it. That's just an absolute ridiculous nerf, it's like 2/3rd's of damage just gone overnight.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info