Trap

Question about interaction with the skill tree:

do projectile damage nodes increase the damage, if i use trap on etheral knives?
Would be great to get a response, I will try myself in regards to the soon to be respecc, but a confirmation would be nice.

Or for that matter:
do elemental dmg nodes increase dmg of fire traps?
do spell dmg nodes increase dmg of EK traps?
do cold/fire dmg nodes increase dmg of FP/Arc traps?

I think the answer to these questions will be always the same - fingers crossed for a yes :-)
Forums are SOOO much fun on patch day!

Casuals play because it's fun, not to achieve any goal unreachable with their resources.
We are playing for the next difficulty, the next keystone, the next item upgrade.
Not to feel better than anyone else.
The Trap support changes nothing about the linked Skill. EK is still a Projectile, FP is still not Fire Damage.
Does the Trap support gem increase the attack damage of totems. For instance, if I link Trap + Spell Totem + Fireball, will the fireballs that are shot by the spell totem deal 39% more damage with a level 20 Trap gem?
totem is 60% damage of whatever linked skill.
trap (lv 20) is 139% damage of linked skill.
both would be 1.39 * 0.6 = 83.4% of skill.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
totem is 60% damage of whatever linked skill.
trap (lv 20) is 139% damage of linked skill.
both would be 1.39 * 0.6 = 83.4% of skill.

Oh right, I forgot about that. Still, the important thing is that it does add more damage to the totem attacks. Thanks!
Last edited by Teaboar on Oct 22, 2013, 1:59:40 PM
Hello,

Would this work?

Bear Trap
^Multiple Traps
^Trap

Toss Bear trap TRAP into group, it is sprung and lays multiple traps surrounding point of origin, which are then sprung and dus immobilzes group(or at least a few).
Default traps 3, with multiple traps becomes 6?

My thanks for your time :)
Last edited by Dainis82 on Oct 26, 2013, 6:57:30 PM
"
Dainis82 wrote:
Hello,

Would this work?

Bear Trap
^Multiple Traps
^Trap

Toss Bear trap TRAP into group, it is sprung and lays multiple traps surrounding point of origin, which are then sprung and dus immobilzes group(or at least a few).
Default traps 3, with multiple traps becomes 6?

My thanks for your time :)

Traps can't throw traps, but mines can ;)
Last edited by Incompetent on Oct 28, 2013, 3:44:10 AM
Do the damage multipliers of remote mine + trap stack?
"
Moose65 wrote:
Do the damage multipliers of remote mine + trap stack?
please do not double post... answer is the same as the other thread here http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/30775/page/16/#p5003223
Is there currently anyway to reduce the cooldown besides leveling the Trap gem? Not seeing any passive/unique/etc to reduce it (or increase the count from 3 to start). Additional traps seems to just increase the amount you can have out, not the # of casts you get before on cooldown.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info