Trap

Does the skill that trap (support) is connected to benefits from traps nodes and whatever the skill`s nodes are(bow nodes for bow skill) ?
"
r0b1n92 wrote:
Does the skill that trap (support) is connected to benefits from traps nodes and whatever the skill`s nodes are(bow nodes for bow skill) ?
Yes it benefits from the trap nodes.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Thanks, i wanted to know if i link blast rain with trap, blast rain will benefit from "CHance to crit with Bow" and "+%trap damage" , thoses nodes.
Some questions:

1. If you link some spell to trap support, does still its own crit chance count?
1b. can it crit?
2. is it effected by increases to spell damage/eledamage etc.?
2b. does it benefit from inc. crit chance for spells?
3. when you link 2 spells with the same trap support gem, do both come out?
3b. for example descerate and detonate dead - does it go in order. so first descerate then detonate dead?

thanks for the help!
Questions 1 and 2 are all the same. The answer is yes. Traps use your offensive stats.

"
willeke wrote:
3. when you link 2 spells with the same trap support gem, do both come out?
3b. for example descerate and detonate dead - does it go in order. so first descerate then detonate dead?

thanks for the help!

No, since you don't cast the 'trap' support gem. If detonate dead is linked to trap, then when you use detonate dead it will make a trap of detonate dead. Same for Desecrate. It doesn't matter which trap gem they are linked to.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Apr 19, 2016, 9:59:17 PM
I wish there were more content available to allow the use of melee skills within traps. I didn't know you couldn't, I was hyped to attempt to make a ranger with frost blade traps... oh well. Support for melee skills in traps would be nice (since they have a physical aspect), maybe limit it to melee spells with projectiles and eliminate the melee portion completely (or have it be related to the initial trap explosion) and have the projectiles from the spell fly in a circle from the trap detonation point.
Greetings!

I have played some Trappers, and recently with the new tinkerskin unique (Tinkerskin + EB is pretty nice actually)

The only problem i have with the Trap Support gem is its cooldown.
With a 4 sec base cooldown, even when you are playing as Saboteur it feels bad.

The time when Saboteur felt even remotley nice to play was when i was using the Trap Cooldown support gem, but that actually reduced my total damage since a support gem with a MORE multiplier is a lot better for your total damage.

So to summarise:

The bad thing about Trap support gem is that it feels bad to play due to the long cooldown.

How to fix it:

Either

A. Reduce the base cooldown on the Trap support gem to 2 sec like the other trap gems.

B. Make the trap support gem have a MORE trap cooldown modifier, and also give it INCREASED trap damage.

What are you fellow trappers view on this?
Greetings again.

Found another thing, im sure it is intended, but for what reason do trap gems share cooldown?

I can see absolutley no reason to limit players by sharing cooldown on trap gems that are placed in different setups.

For example, im currently playing a bow trapper, and i figured i could get around the cooldown restriction by using 2 5-links (one in bow and one in armour) but both setups share the same cooldown.

Why are we not allowed to use 2 6-link setups to get 6 of the same trap (3 charges on two skills)?
Recently started trying trappers and starting to really like them. :)

Now my issue tho:

Looking at all the trap skillgems they either have a 2 sec or 3 sec cooldown.
This support gem, however, has a 4 sec cooldown and I was wondering why?

Even with all the cooldown reduction I can possibly obtain from the tree and from the unique chest "tinker skin" I still can't reliably throw out my traps without being swarmed by monsters later on in higher tier maps.... dont even wanna start talking about endgame bosses.
I'm fine with having a cooldown on traps but having to literally wait so I can finally do something again just isnt very pleasing and fun.

My suggestion:
Said situation wouldnt happen if all traps & the trap support would share the same cooldown.
IMO the 2 sec cooldown on traps like lightning trap & ice trap feels just right.
Why is that?
With the said 2 sec cooldown you can reliably throw out traps but can't spam them to no end.
Also if you invest into trap cooldown notes / gear, you actually feel the investment while still not being too strong IMO.

Cheers, Zahkriisos! :)

Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
Last edited by Zahkriisos1337 on Mar 25, 2018, 9:06:16 PM
I've seen a few people indicate this but I'm not actually sure what makes traps a trap in the 'haha you fell for my trap' sense. When you play a trapper you're almost always throwing it at their feet, and now with the auto trigger at the end of timer they seem even less like traps.

Mines do feel more like a trap because you have to lay them at your feet and then bait the enemy into range of it. Sure that doesn't take a huge amount of time because if you're quick you can do it as soon as you see them, but you might not get a great clustering.

I think traps in general should become "grenades" or "bombs". Cool-down based, hit harder than the average spell/attack, auto detonate on impact with location on the ground.

Mines should take over the traps trigger so you can either manually detonate or lay them and let the enemy run over them. Mines should be some of the biggest hitting effects in the game but you need to strategically use them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info