Trap

This gem should really have a damage modifier. Sort of like Faster Projectiles. To only get this really small CD reduction makes the gem feel really terrible.
"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."
Last edited by jawsofhana on Feb 23, 2013, 1:36:18 AM
Can this be used with a melee ability? If so is it single target or does it explode in and AOE?

If I were to link this with viper strike, would it apply viper strike to targets in an area around the trap or just that single target? Would I require a melee or ranged weapon?

"
Matsaucem wrote:
Can this be used with a melee ability? If so is it single target or does it explode in and AOE?

If I were to link this with viper strike, would it apply viper strike to targets in an area around the trap or just that single target? Would I require a melee or ranged weapon?

Can only link spells and ranged attacks, the tooltip says so.
is it intended to not give power charges when used with power syphon? i want to use it with my dual totem build
Last edited by Shpiko on Mar 16, 2013, 1:55:31 PM
It does work. Traps, Mines and Totems are separate entities; they gain their own Charges.
(Totems have a maximum of zero Frenzy and Power Charges because they cannot benefit from them, by the way)
oh it works that way, i hoped for charges for char :) thanks
Why can't melee skills be supported with this gem? It's not like traps can't use melee attacks.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Hello,

dunno if it's a bug, but i guess it it is.

Trap's Cooldown Time decreases per Lvl 0.25 sec. You are reaching a Cooldown Timer of 8.75 sec on Lvl 14 Traps, but if u lvl it to 15 the Cooldown Timer jumps back on 9.75 Sec.

I really hope it is a bug, cause the last few Level are looking like that Cooldown-wise.

Level 14 - 8.75
Level 15 - 9.75
Level 16 - 9.25
Level 17 - 9.0
Level 18 - 8.75
Level 19 - 8.50
Level 20 - 8.25

But on Level 20 the Cooldown Timer should be on 7.25

Maybe someone could take a look at it. :)

should not get reduced cooldown on level, that's boring...

should get increased damage on level, that's interesting...

by endgame, this could double as something that let's you be sneaky, and something that has a cooldown but does much more damage than usual...
I would love to see that the Trap support gem has something like u get one more 1 Trap to Recover. That would be nice in combination with "Can lay 1 more Trap".

Throwing 4 Traps from one Stack is more interesting for me at least. It would increase the dmg due the fact u can throw 4 Traps immediately which results in more spike dmg.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info