Trap

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Because then power siphon can do the damage of your two-handed axe, which is broken.

I don't think it would be that broken actually, have you tested that or just looked at the numbers ?
The cooldown on the traps it long enough and the number of traps low enough to basically make up for the burst you get, which I thought was the intention of trap, to set up a burst zone.
It wouldn't be viable to just rely on the trap since you can probably get 3-4 times the damage by just hitting normally instead of waitring for the cooldown.
As for Power Siphon:
The only thing OP would be, if the player actually got the power charges which shouldn't be as problem to disable as it is already the case for totems
Hello guys. :)

I've been trying to make a character based around traps... It has been hard and I'm still trying to figure out a "good way" to do it. Since well... atm traps ain't providing much expect for tricks in PvP.

Anyways... Can someone explain to me why Trap support gem can't be linked to Discharge? I believe it could be because the trap itself doesn't posses any charges. But wouldn't it make sense that it removed yours and made an explosion? that would be one of the only good trap-options there exists atm. To deliever discharge bursts ranged. The only other is Wall of Frost but that has been talked about earlier in the thread already.

Is this just me? or does the Trap-support gem need a minor change?
Last edited by LePenseur on Feb 5, 2013, 3:33:35 PM
I only got 3 complains about the Trap support gem.

1. you cant use frenzy with it to gain frenzy charges

2. if you use poison arrow or other "projectile" attacks you need to have a bow equipped.
Cant see a reason why i need a bow to throw the traps :/

3. Projectile attacks seem to "fly" in random directions and sometimes they dont hit the mobs.

Its a funny, and nice to use gem, but it has some "big" problems in my opinion and GGG should maybe take a 2nd look at it.
If you link the support gem to a spell such as firestorm or frost nova. does the trap only fire once? or does it keep firing throughout the duration?

If I toss out a shock nova trap and it only fires on time... Wat?
IGN: Oryas or iicycloneii or Leveiup
The duration refers to how long it stays on the ground if not triggered. Once triggered, it does its thing once.
I find it broken..... I can attach puncture , shows up in my toolbar but wont let me use with 1h sword. Perhaps it is just one aspect as it works if I have a bow equipped.
As for Poison Arrow I would like to see it work without a bow equipped......as a trap it would target the ground exploding a cloud in that location.

Modulate -Skullfuck , tune to play POE
I LOVE this gem!

I was thinking about making a Trap character (Bear Trap is already nice :D) and also to find a way to use Cold Snap. Merging the 2 together is just fantastic!

Here's my setup so far:

That character is still relatively low level so it's not crazy yet but it's enjoyable.
I didn't really like the Cold Snap coldown so I used the Trap gem to by pass it.

Now I can throw my totem, Bear Trap, Cold Snap Trap and Temporary Chains at the Mobs for great success.

(Bonus point: I got the nice Cold Snap animation from the Shop, stacking the Traps at the same spot makes a nice visual)
Last edited by Mezion on Feb 14, 2013, 6:29:47 PM
Does the length of the arming period of a trap correspond with the duration of the animation and sound effect?

Does anyone know the precise duration of the arming period?
This gem could really use some help. Not only does it take up a socket that could be better used with another support, it also raises the mana cost and adds a set of cooldowns to the ability. Burst damage isn't a good enough trade off for how weak this gem is.
i was trying to think of a viable Shadowblade build around traps (PvE ofc). After long research and pondering i gave up, there is just nothing that justifies using support traps for spells or attacks over just using them directly...
It might be this can be nice for some PvP burst trickery but for actually playing this game it gives me no benefit...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info