Trap

Does "Life gain on hit" work on trapped EK?
Forums are SOOO much fun on patch day!

Casuals play because it's fun, not to achieve any goal unreachable with their resources.
We are playing for the next difficulty, the next keystone, the next item upgrade.
Not to feel better than anyone else.
1. Life Gain on Hit explicitly only works with Attacks.
2. The Trap would gain Life.
Okay here's an interesting question.

Let's say you use an attack like Puncture with a bow and WITHOUT Resolute Technique. Link it to Trap. If a monster enters the trap's trigger radius, the trap will trigger, but will Puncture have 100% chance to hit or be able to miss?

On a similar note, let's say you invest in % critical chance nodes with bows (e.g. Lethality cluster). Will those passives affect the Puncture Trap?

EDIT: Also can someone clarify what actually benefits Puncture? It doesn't specifically say "Projectile" but it does say "Bow." I'm pretty sure Point Blank works with it, but I need confirmation.

Thanks!
Last edited by mimivirus on Nov 4, 2013, 2:04:32 AM
"

Let's say you use an attack like Puncture with a bow and WITHOUT Resolute Technique. Link it to Trap. If a monster enters the trap's trigger radius, the trap will trigger, but will Puncture have 100% chance to hit or be able to miss?

On a similar note, let's say you invest in % critical chance nodes with bows (e.g. Lethality cluster). Will those passives affect the Puncture Trap?

EDIT: Also can someone clarify what actually benefits Puncture? It doesn't specifically say "Projectile" but it does say "Bow." I'm pretty sure Point Blank works with it, but I need confirmation.

Thanks!
puncture can be used by melee or bows but not wands (and thus also not while unarmed). it gets all benefits of the respective weapon used.

traps CAN miss if the user does not use resolute tech. a trap uses your passives in order to use your skill. your crit will work on the trap's skill use.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"

Thanks!
puncture can be used by melee or bows but not wands (and thus also not while unarmed). it gets all benefits of the respective weapon used.

traps CAN miss if the user does not use resolute tech. a trap uses your passives in order to use your skill. your crit will work on the trap's skill use.

I see, thanks for the reply. So it looks like a bow attack without Resolute Technique can miss, even when used with Trap gem. Good to know!

EDIT: Well I guess this begs another question. Can traps that have an attack skill linked be blocked? For example, would a Blackguard be able to block the trap?
Last edited by mimivirus on Nov 4, 2013, 2:57:56 AM
It's still the same Skill, it still does exactly the same things.
The 4 second cooldown feels a mite onerous. 3 like the standard is more of the kind of number I'd like.
I found a bug, Trap doesn't work with unarmed infernal blow. Trap specifically states that you can't use it with a melee WEAPON, unarmed infernal blow does not count as using a weapon, weapon elemental does not apply to it.
╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗
╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚
"
IreliVent wrote:
I found a bug, Trap doesn't work with unarmed infernal blow. Trap specifically states that you can't use it with a melee WEAPON, unarmed infernal blow does not count as using a weapon, weapon elemental does not apply to it.
That's not a bug. Only ranged attack skills can be trapped.
The reason it prevents using the skill with a melee weapon if to handle skills that are melee and ranged correctly, like Frenzy or Elemental Hit. It doesn't work on any melee-only skills at all, and that has nothing to do with the restriction on weapon types.
Although I fully understand that trap isn't currently set up to work with Melee skills, I see no reason why this shouldn't be on GGG's priority list. Cleave Traps, Infernal Blow Traps... all of these are really cool options for melee which GGG should be working on.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info