Ethereal Knives

More range would definitly be a great addition without making that skill OP for CoC users.
Changing the Q to be the same as freezing pulse (or a bit less maybe) would make that skill way more enjoyable.
I have not read every single page of this thread..(did read over half though ;-P )

I would like to add what I have gleaned from experience in one post. Summarizing what does work with this spell. Get some feedback/corrections and then perhaps copy/paste this into a faq for EK

Global % increases work with this spell...these are the increases to phys, cold and fire for rings amulets and belts. Not sure what equipment other than those explicitly say global in their mods works but if they say global they do. as in the global crit modifier on some daggers and wands. The cold and fire damage scale from modifiers to the phys damage that hatred and HoF add though those global mods would not affect the initial dps until there is elemental damage of course. Also wand phys damage does not apply. I wish it did.

Life leech does work as well as mana leech

LGOH does not work. Nor mana gain on hit.

I am unsure if mana/life gain on kill does work with this spell? Anyone care to comment?

Hatred works as well as the Herald auras since they scale as a percentage of phys damage.

Haste increases cast speed and so applies.

I had the greatest affect linking spell echo, added fire damage, faster projectiles, faster casting. Haven't run a 6L yet so ....commenting as to what would be best for a 6L welcome.

Mana cost is very high with all these linked. Cast speed really is slow initially when leveling this gem without support gems. A low level clarity gem or paua amulet may smooth out some rough spots when leveling and Eldritch Battery is a very helpful option.

Gear should want cast speed, projectile speed, spell damage and mana regen.

The added range from faster projectiles can really add hazard when mapping reflect maps/mobs.

The damage output is good at high levels. At low levels consider Lifesprig and reverberation rod then around 50 a good rare till you can equip moonsorrow. This should do until you can afford to buy/craft something for 75+

Pain attunement and Chaos inoculation would be a real nice combo if you can afford the gear for it. (Of course you would regret out of Eldritch Battery when adding CI )
Last edited by Olbrannon on Apr 22, 2015, 11:08:19 AM
"
Olbrannon wrote:
LGOH does not work. Nor mana gain on hit.

These modifiers explicitly state they only apply to Attacks. Nothing surprising there :)
Similarly, Wand-specific Damage bonuses don't apply because you're using a Spell. Spells don't utilise the weapon, so weapon-specific modifiers do nothing.

"
Olbrannon wrote:
I am unsure if mana/life gain on kill does work with this spell? Anyone care to comment?

Of course.

----------
Grabbing both CI and Pain Attunement is a bit silly, because they cannot function together. :p You're always at 100% Life, so you never trigger PA.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Apr 22, 2015, 11:36:31 AM
"

"
Olbrannon wrote:

Of course.

Of course they do work with EK? Sorry if I am being dense.

"

----------
Grabbing both CI and Pain Attunement is a bit silly, because they cannot function together. :p You're always at 100% Life, so you never trigger PA.

[/quote]

Was not aware that PA would need to be triggered by a fall in life. Thanks for the clarification.
Life/Mana on Kill has no further specification, so it applies to any kills scored by you. EK kills stuff, so it can trigger on-Kill bonuses. :)

Pain Attunement triggers when you are on Low Life, or below 35% of your Maximum Life.
I've asked if this skill needed a buff on reddit, and every answer I got on reddit except one or two was that it does.
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/35d5le/question_current_state_of_ek_needs_a_buff/

I almost hate to ask this so late, but I can NOT find the answer anywhere... Does EK scale with "Increased physical damage with daggers"? Because it isn't stating "weapon damage", so am I correct in assuming that it is an increase to ALL physical damage whilst using daggers?

p.s. I am referring to the "Deadly Dilettante" passive south-east of the duellist starting zone.
Last edited by OctoSqueegee on Jun 6, 2015, 4:07:41 PM
"With"

Ethereal Knives is not an Attack, it does not deal Damage with your Weapon - that is why it has its own Damage value. Spells give no shits about your weapons, and dealing more Damage with your chosen weapon has no effect on Spells.

Working as intended. :)
sweet thank you, good to know, but if it is just increased damage with your weapon then why didnt they just call it weapon damage like every other node like it...? anyway thanks again!
Ran a crit EK, CI Witch in the beta and am now leveling an evasion based crit EK Witch in the Awakening and i have to say that the skill is now so much more fun compared to before!

the base damage is still as low as ever but since it scales really nice with support gems, it deals decent damage now. The projectile speed bonus from quality also helps mitigating its main weakness so: awesome changes overall :D
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info