Ethereal Knives

What's the spread on the spell like? Can you tag a guy with more than 1 projectile at close range with it?

If only Point Blank worked with this :(.
What does this scale with?
My guess would be that it is a spell that does physical base damage since it has a critical rate listed, so it should be modified by anything that increases spell damage or physical damage (but not physical damage with daggers or any other kind of weapon, because it doesn't use or require them).

The interesting part is that physical leech mechanics should work on it, in theory. But physical leech shouldn't apply to any elemental damage that is added to the skill (which will probably be the majority of the damage for people who continue using this skill).

Also, Jozen, added integer damage from gear has never worked on spells. Because this is a spell, I would guess this is intended behavior.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
Last edited by UristMcDwarfy on May 9, 2012, 1:40:49 PM
do "increased damage with daggers" passives affect this skill/spell??
Last edited by Darkfyre on May 9, 2012, 6:29:32 PM
Literally one post before you someone says it does not. It's a spell anyway and obviously has absolutely no relation to your daggers' damage.
"
Umbraal wrote:
Literally one post before you someone says it does not. It's a spell anyway and obviously has absolutely no relation to your daggers' damage.

ah, well i only ask because the spell says it shoots daggers :P
It scales with spell damage, projectile damage and casting speed, also get bonuses from hatred aura.

For me same crap as poison arrow and explosive arrow for unlucky ppl who cant roll good weapons and use percentage skills. Can be viable in dw sceptres\wands builds with high spell damage and cast speed mods.
Ethereal Knives is a spell. It is not an attack, and does not use your weapon in any way.
"
What's the spread on the spell like? Can you tag a guy with more than 1 projectile at close range with it?
No. Only one projectile can hit each target. For This skill, we specifically implemented the ability to turn off the 'shotgun' behaviour for some spell projectiles. No word yet on whether that'll get applied to Fireball, Ice Spear and friends.
"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
The interesting part is that physical leech mechanics should work on it, in theory. But physical leech shouldn't apply to any elemental damage that is added to the skill (which will probably be the majority of the damage for people who continue using this skill).
The stats you're thinking of are, in fact, %1%%% of Physical Damage from Attacks Leeched back as Life - note that it specifies "attacks". They do not apply to physical damage from spells.

"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
Also, Jozen, added integer damage from gear has never worked on spells. Because this is a spell, I would guess this is intended behavior.
Correct. Added damage from gear is implicitly only for attacks. I'd prefer to have that explicitly described, but in that case, reducing the wordiness of a very common mod won out, and also this is the same as those mods functioned in D2.
"

If only Point Blank worked with this :(.

Hits in a cone in front of you comparable to ground slam (maybe a bit larger). Only one knife can hit each target.
Ok "folks that have this spell", I have a question for you. Given the cast speed, dmg, and behavior of this spell. In what scenarios do you see it being legitimately beneficial, even preferable?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info