Ethereal Knives

ok, so the projectile pass through anyway?
because I'm clearly one-shotting packs, even the ones behind.
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
That is what 'not shotgunning' means, yes. Of the ten Projectiles, only one will impact with a given enemy; the rest will pass through.
i played it with some pierce too, from tree and a jewel but thats 6 nodes of which the nodes give almost no damage and the jewel gives 10% projectile damage and its still just 55% chance to pierce, its alright but maybe the pierce nodes might need a bit of damage on it but thats another topic
useless and weak skill, need boost ASAP
[img]http://i.imgur.com/5Ena4Uv.jpg[/img]
[post]http://i.imgur.com/5Ena4Uv.jpg[/post]
[attach]http://i.imgur.com/5Ena4Uv.jpg[/attach]
FIX SIGNATURE IMAGING
EK rules! It plays better than bladefall and blade vortex. With vortex it feels like im rubbin bums with the monsters. Bladefall lets monster through and is slow. Ek scales with projectiles which is nicely on the tree.

The only thing is projectile speed. I got an enchantment 30% more speed and it doesnt add much distance. Ek needs faster projectiles to be truly ranged at a good distance.
If skill used with Cast while Channelling or Trap support the skill sound effect feels underpowered and unsatisfying.

From my understanding the skill has three effects: 'cast', 'projectile moving' and 'projectile hit'. Using CwC or Trap overrides/removes 'cast' part. But that part is skill 'core'.
Spoiler
In my humble opinion in the result the skill sounds like shit.

Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on May 8, 2017, 2:32:19 AM
Is there a hot spot for getting this skill to chain more,it rarely seems to chain and when it does they seem to come from weird places either that or part of the flight path is invisible.
This skill is rotten.

The visual effect used to be a lot more expressive.
The skill used to have a special sound effect for projectiles hit.

Projectiles dispersion pattern is so bad - you can miss a monster in front of you withing 30 units range, random gaps between projectiles are too big.
"knife" animation fades out way too fast, you can see the knives in point blank range only, further on the skill looks like a dull 1-pixel-width green beam.

There is no projectile impact sound, even if a single cast dematerialize whole monsters pack - the skill doesn't feel like a powerful ability.

Visual and sound effect are gutted for the sake of trigger.
Damage seems balanced around staged conversion and Ethernety Shroud exploit, therefore the skill is barely usable in its pure physical self-cast form.

Skill damage progression is bad as well, at any point of leveling I could swap to BV and shred through monsters twice faster, even without BV-optimized tree.

During Warbands league I got to lvl 90 with self cast EK and it was "fine". Now I quit at level 60, it's utter garbage even with "end of league" budget.

Last edited by a_z0_9 on Feb 5, 2020, 6:37:53 PM
Can we get this viable again? I remember the good old EK shield days.
IGN: I_CRASH_AND_DIE
Hardcore Harbinger
Projectiles dispersion pattern should be predictable, current random fancy gaps between projectiles are just annoying.

You have to scale projectile speed if you trying to use the skill for endgame, as a result all the lingering blades just fly fuck away offscreen, the Blade Blast synergy is missed with EK.

Purely phys non-crit lvl 34 EK with 1360% increased damage at 9.1 cast/sec is not effective PvE skill, with that much investments getting 4M sustainable shaper dps in return feels like a bad joke.

The skill is still garbage if you not going crit + damage conversion.
Spoiler

If projectiles would spread evenly, if the skill would had like 18 total projectiles, if damage effectiveness would be somewhere in 200-250% range, if the lingering blades would drop at mouse pointer position,
then the skill maybe would be pleasant to use

Last edited by a_z0_9 on Jun 18, 2020, 8:16:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info