Ethereal Knives

Whats the Damage Efeectiveness for EK? i looked on the gem, checked wiki, the new cb wiki, googled it, read most of the gem feedback pages (all ggg dev responses as always), All to no Avail. If anyone has damage effectiveness source, please post here or let me know.
Thanks.
If it's not listed on the Gem it's 100% :/
I've been playing a EK-centric build for a couple of weeks now, previously having played a similar one once, before 1.3.0, and I have a question: has EK's projectile collision mechanics been changed somehow, or is it me imagining things?

This is what I'm specifically referring to:
1. EK can't shoot up the stairs/ledges. I mean the inclined surfaces that you can walk on.

A good deal of other projectile skills, if aimed at elevated ground beyond the ledge, will simply shoot up, parallel to the inclined surface. But EK seems to behave differently - it keeps shooting as if you were standing on the flat ground and aiming at the same level.

The end result - if you are standing on the inclined surface and trying to fire at enemies/location on top of it - EK will not fire along the ledge up into the air, it will fire into the ground.

That means that EK is pretty much unusable when fighting enemies standing on such surfaces. This is in contrast to a good deal of other projectile skills that will fire projectiles up if aimed properly.

2. EK can't shoot over certain low height or even negative height obstacles.

Here it at least behaves similarly to some other projectile skills, but it doesn't really make sense.

The two most glaring and annoying examples I've encountered lately are:
* The animated statue postaments. These are knee-high, and yet EK projectiles are stopped dead if hitting those. Why? Same with flame totem, actually. They also seem to block line of sight of totems for some reason. This doesn't really make any sense to me. Plus, IIRC, these postaments had not been like that before 2.0.0.

* The pits in daresso's dream/the pit areas/tilesets. These things are unwalkable holes in the ground. And they stop EK projectiles as if those were hitting an invisible wall. Yes, EK can't shoot over 3m wide hole in the ground.

I'd really love to hear some reply from a dev rearding that.
Is it bug? If yes - will it get fixed?
Is it intended? If so - why?
Just want to know at least :).
it seems the physical damage mod on jewels does not seem to apply to this spell. im currently using a 11% spell damage 16% physical damage and 16% fire damage jewel in my spell tree and only the spell damage seems to be applying. gaining only 120 physical on a 2.4k physical dmg spell
Last edited by brendan2608 on Aug 23, 2015, 2:15:42 PM
Additive stacking, it's a thing. :) Look at your base Damage listed on your Gem, not your Total Damage. Apply all Less and More type modifiers, then calculate both 11% and 27% of that value. Looking at your setup, it seems about right.

Easiest way to check: get a Jewel with only 11% Spell Damage.
goes from 1633-2448 to 1736-2602 with
it should be giving me 27% base spell damage right? that isnt even close to 20%, maybe im wrong its just annoying me lol
Last edited by brendan2608 on Aug 23, 2015, 11:24:57 PM
27% of your base, not your total, yes. All Increased and Reduced Damage stacks additively, and applies as one single multiplier. You already have like +300% Increased Damage, the Jewel puts you at +327% Increased Damage - that's a relatively small improvement.
i feel like ek still needs innate pierce or chaining especially compared to bladefall now
Currently playing an EK poison build, i'm really enjoying it so far. The damage is really good, cast speed is good, and since it's been a long time since I played it, I welcomed the new Winds of Changes gloves for the projectile speed and damage.

Overall, I think it's in a good spot right now.

@Giniyo: i'm running Projectile Weakness in Blasphemy, but since the projectiles don't shotgun anymore, I don't think the pierce is needed anymore.
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
"
kodr wrote:
@Giniyo: i'm running Projectile Weakness in Blasphemy, but since the projectiles don't shotgun anymore, I don't think the pierce is needed anymore.

EK never shotgunned though :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info