Ethereal Knives

Unavailable
Unavailable

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Dec 20, 2023, 7:25:07 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Haven't used it, but I'm surprised that something with "9 additional projectiles" doesn't have a multiplicative damage penalty to avoid Added Lightning/Chaos/Cold damage abuse.
No X% Less damage due to many projectiles on this one?

Too slow. :(
Walking the path since August 20th 2011.
Last edited by Drudley on May 9, 2012, 12:21:37 AM
Is the only way you can get this before the Shadow is released by random drops? You'd think that at least the Ranger could choose it as a quest reward since it's a dex skill..
Does this skill receive damage bonuses from your weapons? if so, which type of weapon?
When I read the skill, I see that it's attack based, and the name suggests that it originates from a Melee weapon (daggers perhaps?)..

But when you look at it's Quality Bonus, it gains Projectile Damage Bonus, which to makes it look like a range based attack (Bow damage?).

As for Passive Nodes, will this gem gain bonus from Melee nodes (since Knives in reality is Melee), or should you go for Projectile damage Nodes?

So confused right now :S
Considering the fact the Shadow has a bunch of elemental damage increases, as well as projectile damage close to these, it would make sense that they designed this skill with added elemental damage in mind :)
I current have two iron rings. Each of them has 1-4 Physical and 1-9 Lightning on it. But this has no effect on the damage for the skill which is really disappointing. Currently my Fire Trap is out damaging Ethereal Knives quite easily with nothing effecting either of them.

With the slow cast speed and small arc of this skill, I find it very unimpressive. It requires multiple casts just to kill 2-3 mobs and drains my mana really quick.

Currently at level 11 as a Ranger, dual wielding swords.
"
Wertron wrote:
Does this skill receive damage bonuses from your weapons? if so, which type of weapon?
When I read the skill, I see that it's attack based, and the name suggests that it originates from a Melee weapon (daggers perhaps?)..

But when you look at it's Quality Bonus, it gains Projectile Damage Bonus, which to makes it look like a range based attack (Bow damage?).

As for Passive Nodes, will this gem gain bonus from Melee nodes (since Knives in reality is Melee), or should you go for Projectile damage Nodes?

I haven't had a chance to use it, but it seems like it is a spell that deals physical damage. That would mean increased spell damage and increased projectile damage would apply.
"
crasedmonkey wrote:
"
Wertron wrote:

I haven't had a chance to use it, but it seems like it is a spell that deals physical damage. That would mean increased spell damage and increased projectile damage would apply.

It does say "caster" in the description...
At last, a physical spell !
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info