Ethereal Knives

"
ZlyDzien wrote:
There's a difference between clear and clear in reasonable time.

I know. Spork Totems used to be one of the fastest-clearing builds.

"
ZlyDzien wrote:
Try killing high HP boss with EK and with that "bullshit dps" 1 million and say again what you've just said.

I never said Cast on Crit is balanced, so I'm not sure what your point is.
CoC is broken as shit. That's pretty widely accepted, to my knowledge. I also know that DPS numbers are completely stupid to compare, because there are builds with terrible DPS figures that clear fast.

"One million DPS" refers to an ideal situation where each Projectile hits as many monsters possible and triggers every linked Spell 100% of the time. In such a situation, your 5k DPS EK would deal a whole lot more Damage than that all the same. That's why you don't compare DPS numbers. It doesn't work. Either you use the listed DPS, which is always inaccurate, or you use vaccuum-space DPS numbers, which are... Also always wrong.

Yes, EK falls behind CoC. Damn near everything does. That is a problem with CoC, not EK.
Is this skill reflected by spell or physical damage? O_o
Reflect is physical or elemental.
This spell gets reflected on the former.
And because you are invariably using Hatred (and quite possibly Added Fire), it also triggers Elemental Reflect.
EK after last patch change is actually very good. I recently respeced my crit fireball build to EK, and reaching 31k dps with dual spell dagger(doing about 26k dps with a spell shield setup) as a life character, though currently dont have a good way to deal phys reflect. Here is the stats and gear I use:

Tooltip dps:

Gem setup:
6L: EK + Faster Casting + Spell Echo + Faster Projectiles + Life Leech + Added Fire Damage (more dps if use crit multi gem)
Aura: Haste + Hatred on mana, Clarity with BM gem running on life.

Current stats:
offence

defence

Tree:

Gear:
Spoiler

Last edited by Xavio on Jul 19, 2014, 4:39:08 AM
Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543
could the skill designers possibly make the ethereal knives alternate ethereal stars effect be like ninja stars? so each projectile goes until it hits a target or wall? that would be awesome. also maybe make the ninja stars smaller so they look like ninja stars.
Thanks GGG
Projectiles from ek travel to small a distance by default. Low base crit chance. It does scale well with phys conversion stuff like hatred and added fire. Not a good skill in the current meta.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Rolled a self cast EK character in rampage, seems pretty good so far, 8.8k dps on a 4 link. Trying to get a 5 link to throw in added fire damage, should bring me to 10k.

I have pretty horrid gear at the moment, not too sure if I want to proceed with this build to 90 (83 right now) as I can only really see my dps hitting 14-15k. (possibly higher with quality gems & level 20)

Spoiler

Auras : Hatred, Clarity, Herald of fire, Grace, arctic armor.
4K HP, 60% phys reduction, AA for low hits & fire damage.

will have 40% Mind over matter soo with new armor once I get it linked
Self Cast Crit EK Scion, currently level 79, 19K DPS, 35K with Doryani's Flask and Vaal Haste up, up time on both is constant. Really fun to play but reflect SUCKS~!

Edit: Using Hatred, Herald of Ash and Frost, Tempest Shield and Clarity, I might swap Tempest Shield for Heralt of Thunder when I get a chance to fuck around with one. I'll post a build vid when I get my gear optimized.
Last edited by janus408 on Oct 30, 2014, 2:16:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info