Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Ethereal Knives

"As far as I know spell/phys/proj dmg scaling only apply to the physical portion of EK (hatred / added fire ele bonus damage comes after those scalings, so they are indirectly scaled)."

Nope nope nope.

First off: Damage Based On and Conversion occurs before any multipliers.
Damage Based On/Converted Damage benefit from the source-type's damage multipliers.

Second: Curses are defender-side. At this stage, regular Damage multipliers are already done. Attacker-side modifiers are no longer relevant.
Any Damage dealt by a Projectile-based Skill is Projectile Damage (same with Spells/Spell Damage). This includes Elemental Damage, and that's why Projectile Weakness is amazing.

PW also include considerable Chance to Pierce.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 10, 2014, 9:39:34 AM
Isn't Oak on cruel suppose to affect damage on EK? It says it's 12% physical damage, but when I completed the quest I gained no damage on EK.

And why doesn't Physical Projectile Attack Damage support gem work for EK?
"
Egnarts wrote:
And why doesn't Physical Projectile Attack Damage support gem work for EK?

"Attack Damage".
Fair enough, still does not explain why Oak did not provide a DPS increase as it says Physical Damage.

Have they always said increased? Wouldn't that make them additive with other increases rather than multiplicative?

Anyway I would prefer vulnerability for the stuns.

My ek char is ci crit so I use crit weakness.

I just bought this Belt. The leech works with ek. Alone it's not much but it helps with the leech Nerf.
Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543
Last edited by Necrogue on Mar 15, 2014, 2:22:44 PM
"
Necrogue wrote:

Have they always said increased? Wouldn't that make them additive with other increases rather than multiplicative?
this has been asked a few times on both threads and a few others. this "increased" is monster side. which is multiplicative to your damage dealt but additive to each other plus shock stacks.
Vuln used to say More Damage Taken, but it has actually always been Increased Damage Taken. The description was incorrect. Guessing the same goes for Proj Weakness.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 16, 2014, 9:42:32 AM
Ethereal Knives really needs a damage buff. As it is, it's average at best WHEN YOU USE EMPOWER (any skill can become decent with Empower). Without Empower, the skill is severely lacking when compared to other spells.

Surely it says something when Empower is pretty much mandatory to get adequate end-game damage out of a spell...
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
Tempada wrote:
Ethereal Knives really needs a damage buff. As it is, it's average at best WHEN YOU USE EMPOWER (any skill can become decent with Empower). Without Empower, the skill is severely lacking when compared to other spells.

Surely it says something when Empower is pretty much mandatory to get adequate end-game damage out of a spell...

Not even close.

GGG are you guys ever going to do something about this skills base damage or potential? It single handedly owns every other spell no question. Doesn't require lmp or gmp to create a fan pattern. Has 0 aim requirements, scales off physical damage items/auras/gems. Doesn't need to have added cold/light damage or penetration gems linked to it to make it semi-viable. You have complete gem socket freedom,stupid damage potential and ease of use. Its slowish cast speed is its only downfall and thats easily remedied with smart gear/gem/tree choices. Add critical damage to the mix and its just insult to injury.

This skill is number 1 pvm/pvp caster spell and nothing else touches it. I've used optimal combinations of every gem available to a caster...only fireball was comparable but you lack gem socket freedom/diversity. Comparable as in..it was good but it was no EK.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Apr 12, 2014, 11:42:22 PM
Etheral Knives' base DPS is among the lowest of any spell.
Even worse, it doesn't benefit from Conc.Effet, doesn't shotgun and so on.
Last edited by Iyacthu on Apr 13, 2014, 5:25:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info