Our Experiences at GDC 2013

"
I spent three hours talking with Jay Wilson about game design.

I really would have liked to hear what you guys were saying, Jay just took so many wrong decisions in game design for Diablo 3 IMO.

"
Jay and Wyatt are both really humble, nice guys

Well...if its coming from Chris...I guess I will have to believe it

"
They explained in detail what lessons they learned from the development of D3 and gave up a lot of their free time doing so.

Again, I wish I was there to hear what they had to say
"
knac84 wrote:
"
FIreskull wrote:
I love reading the comments... Just mentioning Jay will result in comments such as "Punch Jay in the face" and so on... Anyways if Jay had just continued with SC he would not be so hated as he is now. Chris likes Jay so he cant be THAT bad.(Anymore.)

People who hate on Jay Wilson need to get a clue how the corporate world works. they are attributing a power to a single person that he has not.

I'm not a big fan of Jay Wilson, but all the hate is pretty dumb.

yeah, jay wilson finally regreted the introduction of the rmah which is a good thing (to admit mistakes).
i guess jay wilson admires chris because in jay's case the boss who finally decides over things to change in the game is rob pardo and the boss of chris wilson is chris wilson.
Chris you're an awesome Dude .. down to earth, Thanks for sharing.
the only thing i hated in your post, you took a picture with *ay wilson ...
for me and i guess many others would agree Jay Wilson did nothing just ruined Diablo franchise, his farewell post is a prove how he's hated by most of the community members .
what he's good at... implementing ideas for money making, now he moved to another project to ruin it .
i hope he didn't wash your brain with his greed-business model ideas .
"
cronus wrote:
"
knac84 wrote:
"
FIreskull wrote:
I love reading the comments... Just mentioning Jay will result in comments such as "Punch Jay in the face" and so on... Anyways if Jay had just continued with SC he would not be so hated as he is now. Chris likes Jay so he cant be THAT bad.(Anymore.)

People who hate on Jay Wilson need to get a clue how the corporate world works. they are attributing a power to a single person that he has not.

I'm not a big fan of Jay Wilson, but all the hate is pretty dumb.

yeah, jay wilson finally regreted the introduction of the rmah which is a good thing (to admit mistakes).
i guess jay wilson admires chris because in jay's case the boss who finally decides over things to change in the game is rob pardo and the boss of chris wilson is chris wilson.

It wasn't the rmah in particular. In fact, that barely did anything to the game.

The thing that messed up the game is the gold auction house, which is why he said both auction houses rather than just the rmah.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
Last edited by Tagek on Apr 2, 2013, 8:09:11 AM
"
BuffMePlz wrote:
Chris you're an awesome Dude .. down to earth, Thanks for sharing.
the only thing i hated in your post, you took a picture with *ay wilson ...
for me and i guess many others would agree Jay Wilson did nothing just ruined Diablo franchise, his farewell post is a prove how he's hated by most of the community members .
what he's good at... implementing ideas for money making, now he moved to another project to ruin it .
i hope he didn't wash your brain with his greed-business model ideas .

You are pretty damn stupid if you actually think it was jay's idea to put in an RMAH.

Activision has nearly full control over what they do. If they tell blizzard to implement a RMAH, they can only comply.

I'd say the guys were thinking about doing an auction house, and activision told them they should also put in an RMAH while they were at it.

That said, the RMAH wasn't that big a deal. The gold AH hurt the game way more.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
Blizzard haters are almost annoying as much as Blizzfans are....
Hi,

its time to come to the Gamescom 2013 in Cologne/Germany.

IGN: PuryFIre
meh...
people you can't hate Jay Wilson, is Blizzard itself to be blamed; if D3 is a WoW-version for children of an arpg with rmah it's not fault of one person, picked to direct the design of it.
World of Warcraft ruined (Blizzard) Diablo, not a professionist paid to sign it with is name.
Let's just hope that the true passion of GGG developers in making a good diablo based game won't be spoiled by the perfume of money, because you know, if this thing of Path of Exile will have the proper success in a not too distant future will have a new game from GGG, at that point, just at that point we will have to worry for their decisions about game design.

<3
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
Heh, this would have made a crasy April Fools joke :

Blizzard Aquires GGG, Jay Wilson now head designed of POE's Upcoming content ...

Then you put the picture of you with Jay and everyone flips like crasy...

XD
Was I Dreaming ? - Harry Mason
Great read! Really cool that you got to meet the guys that made TL2, as TL2 and PoE are for sure my two favorite ARPG's of all time (yes even more so than D2).
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
"Alts are 16:1 Chaos. You got that tough guy?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info