Massive RIP to PoE.

I hope that D2 Ressurected will finally make GGG speed up "PoE 2"'s development.

I really don't understand the point of announcing the sequel in 2019, when you're not even ready to release it by this year, from the looks of it...

It's like Bethesda announcing TES VI in 2018, and getting frustrated at their fanbase for constantly asking for the release date.
"
kuciol wrote:
As someone who played D2 for the first time 2 years ago i dont see the hype.

The people that wants the remake are fully aware how the game plays out, so they know what they're getting.

You played the game 2 years ago for the first time, so obviously you won't like it.
It'd be nice, but I doubt D2R will accelerate PoE 2 development.

Diablo IV is no doubt the game that scares GGG and the one they are preparing for.
"
eralduspr wrote:

The people that wants the remake are fully aware how the game plays out, so they know what they're getting.

You played the game 2 years ago for the first time, so obviously you won't like it.

Nah, im just not blinded by nostalgia. Back in the days games were not complex in general, now D2 is just another facebook game.
"
kuciol wrote:
"
eralduspr wrote:

Nah, im just not blinded by nostalgia. Back in the days games were not complex in general, now D2 is just another facebook game.

It's not like the people that are looking forward to it are completely blind. They can play the game right now; and some people already do. I personally would play it if it's not outrageously priced. It's worth a run through.

The people who think there is going to be new content are definitely reading too much into it though. Even if it were true (it's not), I would honestly ask if they truly want the current Blizzard to add new content. Look at what they did to the Diablo franchise. D3 is fun as an arcade game for a few hours, but in the context of the successor to D2....it's awful. New content on D2 would probably not be a welcome addition for those that long for D2 like content (and not D3 like content).

There are very few games that I went back to play from childhood that I regret. The nostalgia ride alone was worth it and some of them I didn't beat so it was nice to put them to bed.

One glaring exception to that was Might and Magic I. The game was just too slow and clunky to get beyond. So that will go down in the books as a game I never beat.
Last edited by Nubatron on Feb 28, 2021, 11:18:53 AM
"
Nubatron wrote:

It's not like the people that are looking forward to it are completely blind. They can play the game right now; and some people already do. I personally would play it if it's not outrageously priced. It's worth a run through.

The people who think there is going to be new content are definitely reading too much into it though. Even if it were true (it's not), I would honestly ask if they truly want the current Blizzard to add new content. Look at what they did to the Diablo franchise. D3 is fun as an arcade game for a few hours, but in the context of the successor to D2....it's awful. New content on D2 would probably not be a welcome addition for those that long for D2 like content (and not D3 like content).

There are very few games that I went back to play from childhood that I regret. The nostalgia ride alone was worth it and some of them I didn't beat so it was nice to put them to bed.

One glaring exception to that was Might and Magic I. The game was just too slow and clunky to get beyond. So that will go down in the books as a game I never beat.

I really dont care if people like it or not but some (most) are acting like its second comming of Jesus and how much better it is then anything we have ever seen. Like come on, D2 is shallow, clunky and lacks content. New paint wont fix that.
"
kuciol wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:

I really dont care if people like it or not but some (most) are acting like its second comming of Jesus and how much better it is then anything we have ever seen. Like come on, D2 is shallow, clunky and lacks content. New paint wont fix that.

Well at least u can properly see what's going on in the "swallow, clunky jesus coming game"

Ofcorse is not a true competitor cause it lacks content being a 20y old game but I bet a lot of people will play it me included.

Hell I still play d2 with and without mods from time to time, even without the "new paint" still a very well crafted game.
Last edited by IHellBoundI on Feb 28, 2021, 1:48:29 PM
"
kuciol wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:

Yeah, don't get me wrong on what I'm saying. D2R will be fun to play through some but it won't dethrone anything except maybe D2. The people acting like this will somehow take down POE are funny. There is a group that is always predicting the demise of POE that dates back to the very beginning. POE has died many times apparently.

Eventually they'll be right and claim some righteous position on the matter in spite of being so wrong on this topic so many times.
Nice bait
"
Another is calling Blizzard greedy, while ignoring GGG sold themselves to Tencent, that allowed CCP to spy on people in their apps, & PoE has gambling aka lootboxes.

Blizzard has had its fair share of security problems as well, not to mention Tencent also owns a very small portion of Blizzard. Not to mention NetEase has had its complications in the past and are partnered with Blizzard.

When GGG releases a mobile game, then I'll consider them greedy but until then in my books they're far from it, unlike Blizzard anyway who lie to their community on a daily basis. Remake games showing to the public things that are not even in them on release, if you don't call that greedy then you got problems as all Warcraft III: Reforged was meant to be is greed, and Diablo 2 remaster will be no different, put in little effort and show some stuff that 50% of won't even be there on release just to make money off the old Diablo fan base.

Also talking smack about PoE having gambling is honestly a low blow, buying those lootboxes is optional as the contents of them (usually armor, weapon skins, wings) get released for direct purchase eventually.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info