Massive RIP to PoE.

"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
FrodoFraggins wrote:
"
RandallPOE wrote:
I'm interested in the mod support - Path of Diablo, Meridian XL etc. are all great but they look like shit and there's nothing they can do about it working with the old engine.

The issue there is apparently any mods that require changing game files will not be supported. But they supposedly have modified the code to allow more customization by modders.

I bet they eventually will allow massive overhaul mods to work, but that's understandably not their priority. Let them release it and give us a season first.

Depending on where the modders got their models and textures from, these mods, IF playable in the remaster, will probably not look good.
If the only used existing skins and textures, the mods will look good as well. If not, the mods will have to be recreated with new graphics. PoD and MedianXL are popular enough to warrant that, but older, no longer actively maintained mods will probably not work.
And from my short experience in the D2 modding world I got the impression that many modders were not big fans of open source. At least when it comes to their own work.

Well that's on the modders if they want to redo stuff. The only thing left that I want to see done is to have them add some rows in the inventory for only charms, like many mods do.
Stupid question but why not remake D1? The OG! D1 musta been good to make a 2? What's the difference?
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Stupid question but why not remake D1? The OG! D1 musta been good to make a 2? What's the difference?

D1 didn't get the longevity of D2. They may very well redo D1 but the demand is much smaller. For most people, D2 was a huge improvement. D1 stunk for multiplayer as it was all client side and super easy to cheat.
"
CrazylikE wrote:
"
momonami5 wrote:
still gonna be playing poe and supporting poe as well. I can play both games if I want to. I don't think d2 remastered will have seasons and ladders, since they want to focus on diablo 4... if you think d2 remastered is going to be a continous game is crazy. activision/blizzard want to make money and if they make d2 remastered a continous game with seasons and ladders it would hurt diablo 4.

Old d2 had ladders, and they have even confirmed to shorten the length of the ladders in the remastered version. They currently last 6 month.

The thing is. D2 wont have any new content. Old D2, new D2, both are the same content-wise, it will get boring quick compared to PoE where you get new content every league. GGG has nothing to worry about when it comes to D2 remastered version. Yeah, people will play it, but it doesn't have the replayabilty that PoE has considering all the content updates PoE has.

First of all, as others I will probably play both PoE and D2R. Since I think that will be the case for many people, plus the fact of PoE being free, both games will be fine with its player bases.

Now, D2R will launch untouchable only with QoL and minor changes. However, it can change in the future, Devs already said that they are open to feedback, also, they can afford now have the OG d2 server running in the current version, the D2R with and without graphics enhancements running the current version and, probably a D2R that can be updated and changed.

So, if they want they can put new content in seasons/ladders and make it a new version separated from the others. Which can be very profitable and fill the gap for D2 kind of players until DIV (and if they don't like DIV, D2R could be there and running just fine).

It is important to note that D3 new patch will add some big changes compared to any other recent season, so, I think, they are putting high bets on Diablo franchise for the next years.
Last edited by Bolander on Feb 25, 2021, 2:38:38 PM
"
Bolander wrote:
"
CrazylikE wrote:
"
momonami5 wrote:
still gonna be playing poe and supporting poe as well. I can play both games if I want to. I don't think d2 remastered will have seasons and ladders, since they want to focus on diablo 4... if you think d2 remastered is going to be a continous game is crazy. activision/blizzard want to make money and if they make d2 remastered a continous game with seasons and ladders it would hurt diablo 4.

Old d2 had ladders, and they have even confirmed to shorten the length of the ladders in the remastered version. They currently last 6 month.

The thing is. D2 wont have any new content. Old D2, new D2, both are the same content-wise, it will get boring quick compared to PoE where you get new content every league. GGG has nothing to worry about when it comes to D2 remastered version. Yeah, people will play it, but it doesn't have the replayabilty that PoE has considering all the content updates PoE has.

First of all, as others I will probably play both PoE and D2R. Since I think that will be the case for many people, plus the fact of PoE being free, both games will be fine with its player bases.

Now, D2R will launch untouchable only with QoL and minor changes. However, it can change in the future, Devs already said that they are open to feedback, also, they can afford now have the OG d2 server running in the current version, the D2R with and without graphics enhancements running the current version and, probably a D2R that can be updated and changed.

So, if they want they can put new content in seasons/ladders and make it a new version separated from the others. Which can be very profitable and fill the gap for D2 kind of players until DIV (and if they don't like DIV, D2R could be there and running just fine).

It is important to note that D3 new patch will add some big changes compared to any other recent season, so, I think, they are putting high bets on Diablo franchise for the next years.

You must be new to the gaming community.

Remember when Activision said the same things about Warcraft 3 Reforged? All that new stuff they were going to add?

Pepperidge Farms remembers.
Last edited by Woodydave44 on Feb 25, 2021, 2:59:20 PM
"

Remember when Activision said the same things about Warcraft 3 Reforged? All that new stuff they were going to add?

No, not the case haahahaa, I am in this "community" for sometine now...

Just to point out I am not saying that the changes/updates/expansions are going to be good. I am just saying that IF they want to make different versions with different ongoing content they can, as it is already their plan.
"
Bolander wrote:
"

No, not the case haahahaa, I am in this "community" for sometine now...

Just to point out I am not saying that the changes/updates/expansions are going to be good. I am just saying that IF they want to make different versions with different ongoing content they can, as it is already their plan.

Can I get a source on "its their plan to make new content"? Because thats new to me. The interview/FAQ's I saw, they said they had no plans to make any new content/rewards or anything, basically keep it the same except for the few QoL changes and reduced length of the ladders.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
yeah that's what I keep asking , where is this whole " new content / support" stuff coming from?

I mean is that even normal? How many games have gotten a remaster or a graphics face lift .. and then also substantial new content? and how many of those are for a game that is

1 20 years old
2 has none of the original developers attached to it?

I mean as nice a job the peeps currently making this remaster might be doing.

diablo was magic because Blizzard North made it magic. No one else. So i think its just a little presumptuous to make claims about things as extensive as expansions.

It makes even less sense because the story does not really have any gaps to expand on.

whatever plans north had for the second expansion died and were ultimately replaced with the events we got with diablo 3 after all.

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Feb 26, 2021, 1:53:06 PM
Well, I'll say this much.

The official PvP league for PoE is long overdue. If D2:R surpasses PoE (which probably won't be hard) it's going to be the years of PvP that people will be engaging with.

You just watch and see. I say this as having played D2:LoD for over a decade. The end game of D2:LoD is and always will be PvP.
"
Izrakhan wrote:
Well, I'll say this much.

The official PvP league for PoE is long overdue. If D2:R surpasses PoE (which probably won't be hard) it's going to be the years of PvP that people will be engaging with.

You just watch and see. I say this as having played D2:LoD for over a decade. The end game of D2:LoD is and always will be PvP.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info