Massive RIP to PoE.

Yeh no attking boys n girls.

-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
D2 R is already off on the wrong path with censoring and money grabbing. Players already said it's nothing new just censored with better graphics.
"
momonami5 wrote:
D2 R is already off on the wrong path with censoring and money grabbing. Players already said it's nothing new just censored with better graphics.
Figured the way Gaming Companies are nowadays best nostalgia players are gonna get is the polished campaign.
-Official Forum Dweller-
D2 remaster is another memberberries rehash of a game that ONLY appeals to D2 fanbois. It isn't going to appeal to anyone new under the age of 40. Yes it will pump soy-joyed memberberries cash from a fanbase facing retirement but it is still the long drawn out death rattle of a company dying from terminal woke ideological flatulence.

D4 will be shit becasue they haven't got a single competent developer in the entire realm of Blizzard. D2 looks dated for a game on the Amiga 500. D2 rehash still looking like a andriod mobile game developed in the mid 2000's. Don't care how subjectively good the game WAS there is no way this game is going to retain new players.

It is a short term cash grab that appeals to an esoteric crowd of pension credit spenders. I don't get how anyone can get all wet and sicky over a game with dogshit graphics and animations that were garbage on the release date? D2 NOW has graphics that equal balders gate 2....in 2021.

Quick guys hold me back, blizzard take my money and an extra $40 for a "special window licker" edition. On the other hand I could use my money in a more constuctive manner by shoving it up my rusty bullet hole.

POE IS DEAD! Because D2 is BACK!!!! Derpa derpa de derp a derp. LMAO!
"
Soulscar1 wrote:
D2 remaster is another memberberries rehash of a game that ONLY appeals to D2 fanbois. It isn't going to appeal to anyone new under the age of 40. Yes it will pump soy-joyed memberberries cash from a fanbase facing retirement but it is still the long drawn out death rattle of a company dying from terminal woke ideological flatulence.

D4 will be shit becasue they haven't got a single competent developer in the entire realm of Blizzard. D2 looks dated for a game on the Amiga 500. D2 rehash still looking like a andriod mobile game developed in the mid 2000's. Don't care how subjectively good the game WAS there is no way this game is going to retain new players.

It is a short term cash grab that appeals to an esoteric crowd of pension credit spenders. I don't get how anyone can get all wet and sicky over a game with dogshit graphics and animations that were garbage on the release date? D2 NOW has graphics that equal balders gate 2....in 2021.

Quick guys hold me back, blizzard take my money and an extra $40 for a "special window licker" edition. On the other hand I could use my money in a more constuctive manner by shoving it up my rusty bullet hole.

POE IS DEAD! Because D2 is BACK!!!! Derpa derpa de derp a derp. LMAO!
Yep its funny cause D2 never left and it still cant pull POE numbers and a remaster isnt gonna save that. You'd think they would have more hope for D4 than anything but they putting all there eggs in this D2R Easter Basket
-Official Forum Dweller-
Last edited by xPiranha on May 3, 2021, 1:15:17 PM
"
xPiranha wrote:
"
absurdistan88 wrote:
"
Honestly, D2 Resurrection is just Blizz dipping their toes in the water to see how much attention they can still pull. Especially when they are pulling it away from PoE.

We have PoE 2 and Mobile coming. They have Diablo 4 coming. What good is putting out a new game if nobody is interested? Instead, take a 20 year old turd, polish it up, and dump it in the stream to see how many people still pick it up.

It's a marketing ploy. Nothing more.

The masses out there, myself included, would take even a semi polished turd over POE ANY day. D2 eats all, even at tenth of it's glory. You literally have people backing it that logs on just to hear the sound of a potion. That's how strong an atmosphere it presents. :)

Time for shit cakes y'all, at least they are honest about this one and it delivers.
Are you from Absurdistan aswell? Cause everything you wrote is absurd lol.

And about the D2 eats all comment, Why arent more people playing D2 then?

Lets do what you kids do these days lets compare twitch numbers.

Poe-23.7k viewers.
D2-445 viewers.

Poe-2.2M Followers
D2-91.2K Followers

Damn Diablo 2 sure does eat all.

Sure, I'm from absurdistan and you comparing numbers pre release is rational...

Oh wait I forgot to emphasize the validity of my post with lulz, omgealol and the usual vetting phrases.

Poe has little to zero atmosphere, it's a cluttered piece of garbage that boasts of 1300+ skills and 400+ gems yet less than 10 viable builds to clear all content in-game, all while doing it on a performance chart that somehow gets worse and worse for each league.

Issues from several leagues back are still a thing, the economy caters to bots and nolifers, aka streamers with privilege and the story is non-existing.

Your numbers are also peak related, spikes based on momentary interest with the release of new "shiny" promises that somehow always lead to the same worded posts on forums everytime, expressing disappointment and a sense of letdown.

How on earth is ANYTHING going to compete with that?
Short answer is, nothing, good riddance.
About D2R offline play, which turned out not to be so offline after all:

"We do still allow you to play offline - you will need to authenticate that your copy is legit, but after that you won't be bothered. There's a reason why we leave those characters quarantined away from online."
Rob Gallerani - Lead Designer

So no, there won't be a true offline mode for D2R.

You will have to be online for authentication, then you might go offline. It kinda defeats the purpose.

Last edited by bgdmm on May 4, 2021, 8:57:41 AM
Well people steal games so thats what they all are doing now. I bet music and video will go there too one day if they can convince hardware makers to not play your MP3 until it's authenticated.
Git R Dun!
Still haven't seen a reason to care about D2R. The feature I would need is better mod support. If they add that, and make tools available for modders, I could see D2R becoming a viable platform for indy work.
I'm ok with D2R, I mean, I've played D1, D2 and LoD on and from their respective releases, and enjoyed them all back then. Tried them again with some resolution hacks, but that was more trouble than it was worth.

Still, D2R will probably be something to add to collection of games I play from time to time, but it's no competition to PoE. I can play both, same as with other games I play.

What people here routing black-and-white style for one or the other "side" do not realize, is that D2R is and won't ever be made to be a competition to PoE, for a simple reason - if D2R would be a direct competition to POE/POE2, then it would also be a direct competition to D4, and that's surely not what Blizzard plans with D2R.

D2R will sell, and will be played.

But no, it won't be made to compete with PoE or POE2, simply because D4 is supposed to do that.

Last edited by bgdmm on May 4, 2021, 8:31:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info