Massive RIP to PoE.

I'm a bit curious for D4, wonder if they're gonna fail just as much than D3, might check it by myself, maybe, if i have money to waste.

But D2R, i don't even have the beginning of an idea about why should i spend bucks in that. Most of us know everything about the game, so, a small graphic rework... It'll still be absolutly outdated with graphics, and gameplay just like general balance sucks in 2021.

Nostalgia, yeah, why not ? 40 bucks for a quick dive into archaic nostalgia, you serious ?

Last Epoch is 35 USD, and there's a lot more work in that project than in this lazy ass D2R. Let's be serious, for once.

Less than 10 USD, and maybe i could think of buying this.
Last edited by Leandrysrx8 on May 4, 2021, 8:29:51 AM
I agree on that one. If D2R would be the next big shit... why aren't we all playing D2 at this point instead of PoE? It's not all about the Visuals.

Don't get me wrong, I played D2 for about 5 years straight, but 1.10 onwards imo is the worst version of D2 and that's not because of the visuals.
I'm going back to D2 every few months, but only to play Mods and not the main game... because the main game doesn't appeal to me anymore.
And from what I read, D2R will just be the 1.14 main game with newer GFX, so that's not anything I would consider playing longer than maybe a week or two.

I still hope Blizzard considers online mod support for things like PoD or PD2 so it gets easier for those guys to produce new balance and content updates. Maybe even give them an ability to monetize their works, with respect of Blizzards IP. (give Blizz a share of it or w/e)

But unless they actively support the mods, I'm not willing to pay 40€ for a visual update I'm never really going to play.
Last edited by Sadaukar on May 4, 2021, 8:39:49 AM
Free game > Paid game.
PoE wins automatically.
"
ShowUs wrote:
Free game > Paid game.
PoE wins automatically.

If you can play with 4 tabs that is. Realistically Tab you need costs over $200. Thats all the league grouping tabs and a couple six packs.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 4, 2021, 8:53:49 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
ShowUs wrote:
Free game > Paid game.
PoE wins automatically.

If you can play with 4 tabs that is. Realistically Tab you need costs over $200. Thats all the league grouping tabs and a couple six packs.

That $200 is vastly overblown.

You might need a few specialized tabs, such as currency and maps, and maybe a pack of premium tabs (or you can upgrade one or more normal ones).

That's not more than $40 or so.

I played for years only with currency and map tabs, and did just fine for $20, not $200.

"
bgdmm wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
ShowUs wrote:
Free game > Paid game.
PoE wins automatically.

You might need a few specialized tabs, such as currency and maps, and maybe a pack of premium tabs (or you can upgrade one or more normal ones).

I played for years only with currency and map tabs, and did just fine for $20, not $200.

And with 40$ pack you are not as efficient as i am with 200$+ stash tab pack.
You know what is the advantage of having many stash tabs? Storage space. And a lot of storage space can generate a lot of money.

How? Do you remember all ok rolled items you found with strange mods that may work in some very very very niche build?
Assuming you only spend 40$ you can only consider them vendor trash. And this is pretty much accurate because chances you sell them are small.
But in my case i can simply dump all "strange" items into "price all" quadtabs and wait. I don't even bother to determine the value. Based on how i feel i throw them into 1ex, 2ex, 3 ex etc. tabs and im done.
With enough items u will notice that some things are selling because of "reasons".
Sometimes even trash ring can sell for 1ex+ just because it has mix of correct attribute stat and resist somebody may need.

With limited storage space all u can do is pick best of the best. Things that most likely will sell because they fit current meta. But if u have a lot of free space you can offer everything and don't bother (and waste time) to price things in most efficient way.

Last edited by karoollll2534 on May 4, 2021, 9:34:58 AM
"
karoollll2534 wrote:
"
bgdmm wrote:

And with 40$ pack you are not as efficient as i am with 200$+ stash tab pack.

Only the people caring about being super efficient will care to spend that amount to be somewhat more efficient. And that's perfectly ok. But it's true only for dedicated people spending a lot of time playing and trading (and probably crafting too).

What I am saying is that normal, casual player does not need to spend more than $20 to $40 to improve their stash organization hugely . Heck, only currency and map tabs will do it.

And those (huge majority btw) will not need anything more for a long time (if ever) in the stash department, while improving their enjoyment of the game considerably.

Difference spending $0 to spending $20/$40 on stash tabs is much much larger than between spending $40 and $200.

Last edited by bgdmm on May 4, 2021, 10:51:00 AM
Have played a lot in Diablo 2 in those days. When i’seen new trailers and beta runs - i understood that i have already played a lot in this game and i eant something new, not past again. Glad that opened PoE for my self. My first league. Reached Sirus couple of days ago. Amazing outstanding game. Diablo 2 - old game, time of D2 GONE. Blizzard as well.
Newb
massive rip? ye sure, d2r will get f*cking boring in 2 weeks, tops, the pink haze of nostalgia clouds will fade away.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info