Massive RIP to PoE.

"
Izrakhan wrote:
Well, I'll say this much.

The official PvP league for PoE is long overdue. If D2:R surpasses PoE (which probably won't be hard) it's going to be the years of PvP that people will be engaging with.

You just watch and see. I say this as having played D2:LoD for over a decade. The end game of D2:LoD is and always will be PvP.

since it's not mainly a PvP game only a fraction of players actually played Dialbo 2 PvP. It's the same in Path of Exile and will be the same again for resurrected.

What was the last game that people said would kill PoE? Wolcen? I imagine Resurrected will keep more than 300 players around but these threads are as old as PoE itself lol
"
Izrakhan wrote:
Well, I'll say this much.

The official PvP league for PoE is long overdue. If D2:R surpasses PoE (which probably won't be hard) it's going to be the years of PvP that people will be engaging with.

You just watch and see. I say this as having played D2:LoD for over a decade. The end game of D2:LoD is and always will be PvP.

D2s PvP was great for its time. Even if it is better then PoEs pvp. I doubt it will really hold up. It was pretty unbalanced and not really ment for pvp.
Like Barbs had to struggle to get close, while fist of heaven pallys had autotarget and couldn't miss. Even if the enemy teleported outside the screen.

Remasters are nice and all. Fun to revist, but 20 year old games that has already been played for 1000+ hours. Will most likely not last long. And i truly doubt blizzard has a plan for increasing its longevity.
I said it already and say it again. People need to wake uo and realise that Blizzard´s glory days are over. Nothing new is coming from them. And they will nothing but milk what they can milk while they still can. And they are already whipping a Dead horse.
The only "new" Blizzard can show for is Diablo 4. And can you rally call that new? No, seriously, Diablo is far from new. it is old.
What I said that is their plan is, first make the game run fine in most system with the current patch of D2 with minor QoL changes. Then, based on feedback add more QoL or not. Also, they will already run multiple D2 versions, the actual D2 without any changes and the D2R, both in different servers, by my understanding.

Based in this capability I told that it is totally possible for them to make more changes and etc., if the community feedback goes in this direction.

Last edited by Bolander on Feb 27, 2021, 10:37:43 AM
While everyone else argues if D2:R would take them away from PoE, for me, Valheim has already done that.

And before you contradict me for my personal choice of the game that I spend my own time on. And tell me I should play this & not that, this is the best & that is sh!t. Well, everyone has favorite ice cream, others like rocky road, or cookies & cream, or fruit flavor, or just plain vanilla. Choosing rocky road & saying it's superior to others because it has nuts & chocolate bits is plain wrong, maybe others were allergic to nuts & just want simple vanilla flavor, it's called PERSONAL PREFERENCE.

There's nothing wrong with choosing one game over the other because of your personal preference. You don't need other people's approval for your own personal preference, it's your choice, not theirs. You can even choose both or all of them if you wish to, it's your time your spending on not theirs. There's nothing wrong with choosing one over the other, you can even play them all at the time of your choosing, just like I'm going to do. And no one can stop me, of course except the devs & me.

An NPC once said, "We do this for freedom".
"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
yeah that's what I keep asking , where is this whole " new content / support" stuff coming from?

I watched a Q&A panel featuring a D2R dev, a D4 dev, and a diablo immortal dev and the Immortal guy said that they were gonna keep making new content for a very long time. Maybe people are confusing the two titles.
You guys just look at D2 with pink tinted glasses. You will realize soon how shallow this games is for today standards. Hell even Wolcen is more complex then D2 is even with mods. D2 is simply boring. We matured as gamers and such simple games are no longer compeling. You are just blinded by nostalgia. As someone who played D2 for the first time 2 years ago i dont see the hype. I legit forced myself to finish the game, thats how bored i was.
I played the shit out of D2 when it was new. I was in middle school and played it every day after class. I tried playing it again a couple years ago and just couldn't get into it. I started playing PoE in heist and there's no comparison. Even with updated graphics D2 will still be the same boring abilities and same boring classes. People will still buy it cause of nostalgia I'm sure, but I do not think it will be active long. The only threat to PoE imo is D4 and even that will probably be a shitshow
This should help people understand what D2R is.

This guy put all the info together in a nice presentation.

https://diablo2.io/resurrected/
I hope it is good, but as a few others have said, updated graphics alone isn't enough to make a game feel good in 2021. I hope it is good, I hope Diabko 4 is good, and I hope some others in the genre improve and become good. POE has had a monopoly for too long in the genre, I think the GGG attitude reeks of complacency, and I hope something comes out soon to challenge it. Competition will be good for POE in the long run.
Last edited by IcedInferno007 on Feb 28, 2021, 10:27:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info