Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

I
Last edited by Askice on Mar 15, 2021, 9:50:01 PM
thank you very much for such an in depth guide. Mained it this season, and this build absolutely shreds. Thanks for taking the time to write it out, it was much appreciated.
I’m attempting to min-max each rare armour piece I have to get as much as and life as possible. Is it worth it to gamble r/a cold etc to fill out my resists or is it a waste of currency?
I found an interesting leveling combo for this build.
Spellslinger-Arc-Hydrosphere-Innervate and Herald of Thunder for clear.

Attacking triggered storms on the ball and on random enemies around me. The storms had roughly the same ballpark (get it?) DPS as Arc or Hydrosphere alone linked to Spellslinger and Innervate.
The ball would also zoom any distance if already summoned, flying through walls if I was standing at the "other side". Monsters in its path would take damage as if I cast on them directly.

Two separate spellslinger 4-links (drop HoT, take Sovereignty) were much better single target. Not far off from an Arc or Stormblast Mine 4L. I settled on Arc-Innervate-Elemental Focus and Hydrosphere-Concentrated Effect/Increased Area of Effect-Elemental Focus. Elemental Focus didn't seem to prevent the ball from applying shock. When linking it to both Arc+Hydrosphere in place of Innervate, I could still proc HoT storms.
--nologo -ns
Last edited by Foeglas on Mar 20, 2021, 8:44:19 PM
Just stopping in to say thanks for the great write up. I’m just coming back to PC gaming after a hiatus and I’m working on this build as my return to PoE project.
Hey, i got a few questions in terms of running this build SSF.

I have been using your leveling tree and slowly transitioning to endgame.
Currently using a Tabula, 2.6k life and capped res.
My profile is public and its the Indie_Brand character.
I found a nice brand loyalty/holy conquest cluster while leveling.

I'm pathing to Constitution now to get much needed survivability, i get constantly chunked to <500 HP in almost all content. rituals are quite rippy even in white/yellow tier maps.

What should be my next moves in terms of single target and survivability?
This is considering no cluster drops and reliance on rare gear only.

i'm thinking another +1 wand, go for explody chest, and fill scion life wheel. potentially run shield for fortify and more life.
An agnerod staff is not feasible and void batteries are just dreaming. Personally despise the Primordial Blocks map for farming Stormcaller for agnerod staff div card so I'd rather not.
Last edited by Cryogeni on Mar 23, 2021, 3:58:57 PM
This build has been a breath of fresh air for me. I normally run minion builds. Got sick of the slow clear and the play style. Yes minion builds wreck bosses but league after league they get tiresome.

I tried one of Don the Crowns steel builds. Was fun but my poor fingers can't take the the key presses.

I thought I'd throw caution to the wind and try this glass cannon. I normally hate glass cannons. This has been the most fun I've head in leagues.

I leveled it as the slinger described with no leveling gear. Wanted to get a feel on how it would really perform as a league starter. I've leveled faster (poison BV) but It's still fast. Did it in just over 7 hours taking it slow. Thats not bad considering i wasn't pushing and I had no twink gear.

I'm now 85 and playing around with different options to get a feel on how this thing really works behind the scenes. Farming low reds for Harbies and legions. Sitting at 2 mil dps with pretty shitty gear. 6 link inpulsas, double voids and a single cluster with 2 mediums. I'm under 10 ex for sure.

I'm steam rolling low reds. I know that doesn't sound impressive considering you can do that with a minion build on 10 chaos. But when I say I'm, steam rolling them, even full out Harbie spawns the whole zone takes like 2 minutes to clear. Including the boss. Its just nuts. I can break out Legions in under 20 seconds. The whole damn thing. Sometimes its under 10.

I think it took me under an hour to chain from lvl 75 to 85 with harbies. Its freaking nuts.

And yes I probably died 20 times. I don't care. Its so damn fast.

So this is what I'm struggling with. The build write-up is phenomenal. But there is a lot to wrap your head around if you've never run this type of setup before (me). I've looked at all the pob's at different stages and the complete writeup. I've got a general idea of the progression in my head but I still messed some things up. For instance I didn't realize how important the 2 power charges on the rings were past a certain point. This build starts to become multiplicative past a certain point and its not readily apparent.

Is it possible to add a sample recommended itemized progression to the end of the build? I know its work but it would be a fitting finish to this write up.

I know you have budget, premium. I'm not talking about rehashing that. I'm talking about listing the order you would personally upgrade the character in for the best bang for the buck.

For example I added a medium holy conquest/brand loyalty medium, then a brand loyalty/grand design medium next. I'm thinking maybe an evil eye/whatever should have been added first? Not sure.

Also at what point would you stick a prismatic in? That kind of thing.

Thanks! Great build!
This league i played +/- 10 builds all 95+ with high investment (300 exa - 1 mir).
But none of the builds can come close to this one. Clear speed, there is no point to talk about its sickly good. And the single target bosses die before I can say hello buddy ;) Thanks for the perfect build can't wait for 3.14 it will be good.
Just had to share this. Started working on it yesterday and got extremely lucky with Maven orbs, etc.

I did have one slip up where I removed crafted life for prefixes cannot be changed and aug influence added the elemental damage. Could have been worse I suppose. Still need to divine it properly, but it's great damage. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info