Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

"
"
Petardinjo wrote:
Yo great guide and stuff I am really looking forward to play it just quick question regarding leveling PoB since we're using wands and spellslinger, not sure why there are some Staff nodes in leveling tree see ya for now byee all byeeeee

Staff nodes are used if you're using Agnerod for leveling as noted in the guide.

no but I might change it thx in POB there are only 2 wands and in guide as well, didnt pay attention about staff. cool thx again
I’m pretty much set on gear, 95 now pushing for 96. In the guide section on pushing for 100 it says that if we take the glorious vanity jewel for more survivability we need to switch to badge of brotherhood, but I don’t really understand why. Anyone have some insight on this?
Last edited by TwoTime9394 on Mar 8, 2021, 7:24:01 PM
"
Karisma91 wrote:
Possible to go CI with this build? or at least more hybrid then glass canon?

I'm thinking just 1 Midnight bargain and an ES shield?

I wouldn't go CI, but there's plenty you can do to be more tanky as hybrid.
As far as Midnight Bargain, I hope you mean just 1 Void Battery, and yes, 1 Void Battery + a good shield would be a good first step into tankyness.
Other things you can do include:
- Getting a rare explody chest with 100+ life and craft "Gain 10% of maximum life as extra maximum energy shield"
- Getting a good defensive watcher's eye (ie: 6-10% of maximum mana as extra ES while affected by clarity + life on hit while affected by vitality or ES on hit while affected by discipline)
- Triple balancing your resists and running wise oak
- Get better boots
- Swap your militant faith for a doryani glorious vanity and get a high life and/or ES belt (honestly HH is amazing but high budget).
- Use a couple of fettle small clusters.

"
TwoTime9394 wrote:
I’m pretty much set on gear, 95 now pushing for 96. In the guide section on pushing for 100 it says that if we take the glorious vanity jewel for more survivability we need to switch to badge of brotherhood, but I don’t really understand why. Anyone have some insight on this?

Just read that section and I didn't see anything about swapping to badge of the brotherhood.
Last edited by astrartea on Mar 9, 2021, 2:24:59 AM
[redacted]
Last edited by Absolutista on Mar 11, 2021, 3:04:48 AM
You recommend so many curse stuff(on ring and gloves), but how do you increase max curse number?
I just crafted this

Spent close to 10ex while at it which all things considered is not that bad. That mana roll broke my heart though. Any way I can safely remove it?

"
kizuen wrote:
You recommend so many curse stuff(on ring and gloves), but how do you increase max curse number?

He's just listing different options. Both Ele weakness and Conductivity work very well.

You could potentially get +1 curse on chest, tree or by using awakened hextouch.
Last edited by Absolutista on Mar 11, 2021, 9:05:29 AM
Can someone help me understand the deli map stuff? I am familiar with them and I watch PoM, so I get the idea behind it, but I tried to test today, and I can't figure out why my poison stacks are maxing out at 6-7.
I swapped to Noxious Strike, bought some unaffected by poison boots, added Golden Rule, and threw on a chaos damage to spells abyss jewel, but for some reason I can't seem to consistently apply/self-poison. Tried with both Penance/Phys-to-Lightning and standard Storm Brand setup, didn't seem to matter.

Spoiler

My profile is public if that helps, but I've swapped back to normal mapping gear/tree for now since I can't figure out why it's not working.
Any help is greatly appreciated, loving this build and hoping to minmax it next league!
Last edited by Dangly_Parts on Mar 11, 2021, 11:42:30 PM
Just reached lvl 99 with the build, one of the best time I have ever had in PoE! Thank you for the well written guide, I'm so happy I switched to it from Carrion Golems!
Like many, after the big brand nerfs/changes requiring them to be cast more after storm brand was insane due to archmage in Delirium I sort of assumed the skill was shit. I've just got a budget version of this setup and I am very pleasantly surprised. With inpulsa + 2 void battery and 9 power charges it is feeling very good already and I have so much room to improve. Thank you! Storm brand has been my very favorite skill for a long time and now I can thoroughly enjoy it again. This build may very well be my first 100.
I think this build needs bossing chest, simply. Chest to which you swap while doing sirus/maven/elder/ubers.
Just get chest with Max ES + hp (compared to 70 hp max inpulsa it will give u 400-700 more effective hp) + double curse and if you don't have double curse gloves - just get self cast mark and it will give tons of damage to bosses. No crits needed(bottled faith is too easy 100%), no explo (no need for bosses).

Costs 4-6ex , gives 10-15% more effective hp and 10% more damage during boss incounters which is..really valuable imo.

Edit: Foreseeing some comments on that, second chest which recommended in this guide is one of the last things you should go for, awakened hextouch support costs 5-6 times more than 140 hp + ES + double curse chest, i recommend this for people who have ~5-9 mil dps (without vaal skills) and are low on survivability.
Last edited by kizuen on Mar 13, 2021, 5:12:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info