Path of Exile is a real Devil -- here's why.

...Yes, but if his tagline is something like 'He sees everyone as accountable', that's pretty damn badass.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I hope the 6th class model will look like Howard Wolowitz from TBBT... it'll definitely fit in the shape and spirit of this character class!

If you look at the picture you can see him with the duelist's famous red shirt, another micro transaction miracle!

My concern and question about how to use our MT points (I've already suggered, asked, in another thread but maybe some of you have an answer here...):

" At Open Beta, we will have a range of different microtransactions for sale, including many of the following:
Public stash tabs (viewable to other players for trade purposes)
Cosmetic pets
Alternate skill effects
Special animations (for example, taunts or PvP victory animations)
Special paid leagues (with custom game rules)
Guild storage
Alternate item skins and visual effects
Special cosmetic item properties such as “extra gore”
Item dyes"

So, do you think that special leagues, and guild storage may be purchased with grouped microtransaction's points ?
say, something like a pool that can be filled by each participants until activation when the price is reached ?

If such an option doesn't exist it'll means that only one person have to buy the totality of the cost for the league/guild stuff... I think this isn't right and logical for such a collective ingame thing.

what do you think of collectives/shared MT points ?

... nothing
"
"
EpsiIon wrote:
We have old men with no pants.
The arrogant douche.
Orc-man-child-hulk-spawn.
Crazy psycho-chick killing people with a stick
Macho-man chick-ranger killing things npnp

Dear god help us. What is the 6th class going to bring. I am laughing so hard I can hardly breathe.
Clearly it must be a very dull, middle-aged, balding accountant wearing a badly-fitted suit.

So close, yet so far.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
"
"
EpsiIon wrote:
We have old men with no pants.
The arrogant douche.
Orc-man-child-hulk-spawn.
Crazy psycho-chick killing people with a stick
Macho-man chick-ranger killing things npnp

Dear god help us. What is the 6th class going to bring. I am laughing so hard I can hardly breathe.
Clearly it must be a very dull, middle-aged, balding accountant wearing a badly-fitted suit.

So close, yet so far.

Nerf Chris. HE'S IN OUR THREADZ POSTIN HIS STUFFZ.
Alright, the essence I got from your post is that GGG knows how to make money with cosmetic microtransactions.

But you make it sound like GGG making lots of money with vanity items is a bad thing. It indeed is an aweseome thing because we, the players, will most likely get new content such as additional acts faster when GGG makes more money.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
Last edited by dust7 on May 3, 2012, 4:58:14 AM
I dont think he is saying its a bad thing. Its very interesting and in my mind pretty accurate. Just something to be wary of.

Either way, id prefer it to be Pay to Make The Game Look Like How YOU Want. Then Pay to Win.

ps: I think im the minority who wont be buying many vanity upgrades. Its just my ARPG brain. It does not compute. Buuuut.... you never know.

I think i could easily see myself spending CS on extra stash tabs etc. If they ever had passive skilltree resets for CS id definately spend a fair bit of money on those too!
"First in, last out." Bridgeburners.

"Always an even trade." Malaz 2nd Army
"
Nerhtal wrote:
Just something to be wary of.

Well but that's the point I don't get. Why be wary?
The more people who are spending money on PoE which did not initially plan to do so, the better.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
I bet the Ranger would clean up real nice in a metal bra, thong and high heels. Fit is the new skinny bitches.
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
"
NotSorry wrote:
I bet the Ranger would clean up real nice in a metal bra, thong and high heels. Fit is the new skinny bitches.

I think you got the wrong game there ;)
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
If you want a MMO that follows the exact same concept to compare to, I would point you towards one of my previous "devils", Perfect World.

Free to download, free to play. I was utterly shocked at the number of people who purchased stuff just to look good. You have a choice of mounts in-game already, but you could have this nice flaming lion as a mount for $40. Sure, your spellcaster chick looks lice, but what about a silk kimono for $10?

And then you get people who buy TEN of them, and sell the other nine for in-game money. So people who don't spend a cent get to have their $40 mount. But PWE still got their cash for it. Win-win.

I'm sure there's characters worth more than my 2011 Grand Caravan in the game...

My only gripe for looking good... I'd want to change POV when in towns only. Just so it's easier to look at people. But that is a lot of rewriting that has to be done...
Kilts for Templars <tm> - Our mission is to replace the ancient Greek toga worn by the Templar with a kilt. It fits the theme of Wraeclast better, and it fits the voice of the Templar.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info