Path of Exile is a real Devil -- here's why.

A hug from NotSorry, with a poisonous dagger in each hand? ;)

Again I recognize in Crusio the new avatar of FlyButterfly... same words, same writting spelling...
10 bucks on this!...
... nothing
"
__Z__ wrote:
A hug from NotSorry, with a poisonous dagger in each hand? ;)

Totally like him eh as long as he can lure the guy into cut-throat! ;)

I hear he backstabbed some of his party members
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
"
This is very troubling indeed. I take pride in my characters ugliness. Hopefully I will receive support to spend my money on being remarkably hideous, but it may only be a dream of grandiosity.

Spy in our midst!
Back in black
I hit the sack
I've been too long I'm glad to be back
You know, my ultimate opinion about all games is this: If I'm having fun then my entertainment budget can go to whatever game keeps me interested at the moment. F2P is interesting because you can experience more of that newness of experience before spending any money, but if the game is well-done it encourages you to spend money. Case in point: Riot points in LoL.

I've already bought D3, and Borderlands 2, and GW2, and whatever else catches my fancy that I can justify spending money on.

The bottom line is I'll pay money to be entertained so to GGG I say: Sell me on it!
The R&D Monkey is testing your patience...
Last edited by RnDMonkey on May 4, 2012, 4:24:58 PM
100% agree, Monkey. But I don't really have to say that, it's written all over every single one of my posts if you but glance to the right of them slightly.

Let's look at this from a slightly different perspective again then: if, as so many of you seem to feel, the character models and aesthetics of PoE are already satisfactory and appropriate, then I must query if GGG can come up with *fairly priced* aesthetic items that justify the pre-purchase of a significant package, i.e. Silver and up.

By fairly priced, I mean consistent with the idea of a free-to-play indie game not pretending to be Second Life or Perfect World. It would be folly to expect many PoE style players to fork out $50+ for a single garment.

I expect personalised leagues to be fairly pricey, but they don't really interest me. I've always been a player, not a GM, so to speak.

New spell/skill animations only really apply outside of town, and thus don't have that 'wow' factor that whipping Dear out in town still has on occasion (although most people know it's me these days; that's the result of a tiny, tight community!).

Dyes will be interesting but again, not really all that visible given the game's visual angle and the busy-ness of any given town hub. Town? Town is too big an idea for those camps. They're more like....well, camps.

So in a way I have to convince myself that a lot of PoE is sort of ugly. Personally it doesn't take too much work, but I can definitely see where people are coming from when they say they like the current aesthetic. I praised it as well way back when (you know, like a whole month ago or so).

...I am itching to spend some of these credits, it's true. AND NO I WILL NOT BUY STASH TABS!

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
You know when i'll be paying money for in game charm ?
Answer:
When we will have real graphics !

You know what real graphics mean ?
It doesnt mean crysis 100 engine, or any other moder engine for that matter.

Real graphics mean unlimited detail.
Unlimited detail means the following:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00gAbgBu8R4

Imagine an elder scrolls kind of world , where everthing looks like in reality.
Granted, artists will have their hands full modeling the tiny bits,
But then would be worth it having that extra cool shining armor that actually looks like an armor and not like a splashed texture on top of a surface.
...Interesting, but the narrator himself says right out that this is not viable for games on typical PCs, particularly those with many MOBs (using the original meaning thereof.). ARPGs have many MOBs. I am vaguely proud an Australian bunch are doing things like this. It's visionary stuff...but it's 'far from complete,' to quote the narrator.

Expecting this of the handful peeps at GGG during the estimated life-span of PoE is a bit rough.

Not really much of a contribution to the discussion, but definitely piqued my curiosity.

...That narrator is so Australian.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
*SNIP*

...I am itching to spend some of these credits, it's true. AND NO I WILL NOT BUY STASH TABS!

Heheh... I'm up to 30, including my original four. Spotty PackCat issa happy! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Raycheetah on May 4, 2012, 7:41:13 PM
The best graphics are nothing if you don't also have good aesthetics.
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
"
When Marauders don't look like the lovechild of an Orc and Skrillex.

You Don't Mess with the Skrillex!!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info