Path of Exile is a real Devil -- here's why.

How would you feel if GGG went the path of GW2 and made it possible to buy anything in the Cash Shop through gathering gold/gems in game?

I think it is a brilliant idea.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
Nah you made a good point in your original post. Paying for aesthetics and paying for items, while they both tempt you to spend more money on a game, do so for very different reasons. Paying for aesthetics appeals to vanity, and the desire to "look cool" whilst paying for items appeals to "let's spend money to get ahead of that guy" sentiment. I have nothing wrong with the vanity thing (would like a witch with RED hair!!) but paying for power means you create a gap between the rich gamer and the poor ones or those unwilling to spend real life money for in game power.

But yes a fiery haired Witch would be awesome (and be a fire witch of course XD)
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
It is a brilliant idea for a game that costs $60-200 on the spot. For Path of Exile, however, I think 'ethical microtransactions' are the way to go and the way it will go.

And I hope it makes Chris and the gang filthy rich. :)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I hope it makes them filthy rich as well. :-)

I also think there is room for the way GW2 has implemented their 'ethical microtransactions'(their words too) featured Cash Shop in PoE. Say trade certain orbs for CS points or something...

I'd actually like to see GW2's set up in all microtransactional games...yeah I know I know, that's asking a bit much. lol
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
"
Chameleon wrote:
I also think there is room for the way GW2 has implemented their 'ethical microtransactions'(their words too) featured Cash Shop in PoE. Say trade certain orbs for CS points or something...

I respectfully disagree and I sincerely hope PoE won't implement the kind of P2W system that GW2 seems to be set on. The fact that NCsoft says it's ethical doesn't actually make it so, in my opinion. :)

There's actually a hella long topic about this very issue:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/29581
What have you become when even nightmares fear you?
Nothing I have seen in GW2 shows any indication of paying to win...anyway the RMAH is another subject entirely. I'm talking about converting gold/orbs/whatevercurrencyyouname into CS points by talking to an NPC and then going into the CS to spend said points. Two entirely different features in my opinion.

I swear, cj, you made a perfectly good point, but I broke into tears and laughter at the templar having pants part. Jus'sayin.
"
EpsiIon wrote:
I swear, cj, you made a perfectly good point, but I broke into tears and laughter at the templar having pants part. Jus'sayin.

A dude can dream!

(actually, I'm pretty down the whole 'Greek God' look.)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
"
EpsiIon wrote:

A dude can dream!

(actually, I'm pretty down the whole 'Greek God' look.)

Screw that. THIS IS PATH OF EXILE.

We have old men with no pants.
The arrogant douche.
Orc-man-child-hulk-spawn.
Crazy psycho-chick killing people with a stick
Macho-man chick-ranger killing things npnp

Dear god help us. What is the 6th class going to bring. I am laughing so hard I can hardly breathe.
"
EpsiIon wrote:
We have old men with no pants.
The arrogant douche.
Orc-man-child-hulk-spawn.
Crazy psycho-chick killing people with a stick
Macho-man chick-ranger killing things npnp

Dear god help us. What is the 6th class going to bring. I am laughing so hard I can hardly breathe.
Clearly it must be a very dull, middle-aged, balding accountant wearing a badly-fitted suit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info